Another convert

This is a discussion on Another convert within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; One of my commercial tenants is a pawn shop. He's a sweet old guy that deals mostly in gold. When I first signed him up, ...

Thread: Another convert

VIP Member

Another convert

One of my commercial tenants is a pawn shop. He's a sweet old guy that deals mostly in gold. When I first signed him up, I asked him what he carried and he said 'nothing'. He didn't like guns.

After expressing my sincere concern, I gave him the contact info of a good local training center and strongly recommended that he train & arm himself. A few months later, another pawn broker nearby is brutally murdered after complying with the robber's demands. I called him to talk about the news and he said that it actually was a friend of his that was killed. A couple weeks later, I check in on my guy and am pleased to see a G26 strapped to his hip, and he's already taken his courses and has his CWP on order. The next time that I saw him, he had a .38 snubbie.

Today I stopped by and he was sporting a GP100 .357, and he's now talking ballistics with me! LOL. Out of one tragedy springs a new responsible armed citizen.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Good job helping him unserstand his need to protect himself.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Next he'll have a .44 Mag! Sad that it took a friend's life to convince him.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Too bad about his friend, but it helped bring forth a good change of mindset.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

I feel very bad for his friend and his grief. Sometimes terrible things in life make us change our whole outlook on day to day living. Glad you are there to help him out, good for you!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Good thing you were there to steer him in the right direction. I am sorry for him and his friend though. Hopefully he won't be following in his friend's footsteps, thanks to you.

This is why I think, when ever possible, folks should be more open about carrying. It didn't take a tragedy for me to have a change of heart about firearms. It took people that were willing to continue to express their views on the 2A and the right to protect themselves.

These folks took the time to show me things I didn't know about responsible gun ownership. It also helped that some of these folks didn't fit the stereotypical gun owner. They are Hispanic democrats like me, African American females or White moms driving minivans.

It's been an eye opening experience for me. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

I know that for some concealed also means a zipped lip, and I can respect that but, when ever possible, share...it worked for me.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

Links