I want to make sure I have this right

This is a discussion on I want to make sure I have this right within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by jbs The problem I see is he is paying for it and you are taking possesion. that might be considered a straw ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I want to make sure I have this right

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbs View Post
    The problem I see is he is paying for it and you are taking possesion. that might be considered a straw purchase.
    If you were the sole person involved in the transaction, purchase, wait, possession, then you could do a sale through FFL's interstate to your buddy later.
    I don't think an FFL will allow anyone other than the purchaser to take possesion.
    I'm sure others will reply to explain it exactly.
    That is a straw purchase.

ATf form 4473 Section A - Must be completed personally by transferee (buyer).

11. Answer questions 11a.....

a. Are you the Actual transferee/Buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form? Warning: You are not the actual buyer if you are acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual buyer, the dealer cannot transfer the firearm(s) to you.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    That is a straw purchase.

ATf form 4473 Section A - Must be completed personally by transferee (buyer).

11. Answer questions 11a.....

a. Are you the Actual transferee/Buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form? Warning: You are not the actual buyer if you are acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual buyer, the dealer cannot transfer the firearm(s) to you.
    This!

Also the waiting period does not begin until all paperwork has been filled out, NICS check done and money given to purchase the handgun. Then on the 8th day your friend can pick it up from the FFL.
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Bunny View Post
    This!

Also the waiting period does not begin until all paperwork has been filled out, NICS check done and money given to purchase the handgun. Then on the 8th day your friend can pick it up from the FFL.
    All Federal law regarding purchase, transfer or possession of a firearm is always subject to any additional waiting period imposed by State law where the transfer takes place. In Maryland the waiting period is seven (7) days. The POC is not NICS it is conducted through the Maryland Secretary of State. A concealed carry permit can not be used in lieu of the state operated background check.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links