Gray's Anatomy Gun

This is a discussion on Gray's Anatomy Gun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I really don't like that I watch this show...... I end up watching it because my wife watches it, and, most of you know how ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gray's Anatomy Gun

Gray's Anatomy Gun

I really don't like that I watch this show...... I end up watching it because my wife watches it, and, most of you know how that goes... Anyway, the season finale was on last night. It was pretty intense, there was a shooter in the hospital and he took out a bunch of people. However unrealistic it was I was just interested in what gun the guy had.

Did anyone catch it? It looked to me like it was some sort of CZ?
    Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which it might better provide for itself... Man is not free unless government is limited... As government expands, liberty contracts.
    -Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Beretta 92.
    Randy Harris
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

TRAIN with me....http://www.suarezinternationalstore....px?find=harris

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Isn't this the second or third time they have used a shooter in the hospital to draw viewers to that show?
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

My wife also watches that show. I just couldn't stomach it anymore, so I watch something else on another tv.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

How did you like the anti gun slant at the end. That crap really gets on my nerves. I too ended up watching it because of the wife, it was pretty intense at times. Your right it wasn't all that realistic, but what do we expect these days, it seems like all TV is just a bunch of crap anymore. We need more realistic shows like Magnum PI! (ok, it was great but it too wasnt all that realistic either)

The Beretta seems to be a "go to" gun in tv/movie circles...
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruel Hand Luke View Post
    Beretta 92.
    Bingo.

"Death and All His Friends (Finale, Part 2)" Full Episode - Grey's Anatomy - ABC.com)

I didn't watch it but considering there is not one but two threads on this item here I figured why not look it up.
    Be warned this is not work safe due to subject matter, violence, gun play, blood (lots of it) and you would be watching TV on the job at work...Duh!

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

It's a simple and quick way to "coerce" obstinate actors into renewing their contracts or to write them out of the script...

Cliffhanger- will they make it or not? Tune in next season...

cmb
    I watched only cause I could stand to see a few of those characters go! I watched this show early on hoping for a good medical drama, WRONG! So much personal stuff... not much medical stuff. It did look like a Beretta to me though I guess it could have been a Taurus. The character said he just bought it so it seemd he had little gun experience yet he seemed to be a better shot than the Swat guy who shot him. He often fired one handed, no one tried to take him down even when opportunities presented themselves and no one was CC. I am thinking belly band, smartcarry, ankle carry in scrubs.

My wife likes to watch it, so to maintain harmony, I occasionally sit through it, and did last night. There were a couple of characters I was hoping they'd kill off, but I just wound up pissed off, as usual. First one to die was the prettiest actress on the show. Figures; typical of a Shonda Rimes type. Then, they show about 1/10 as many SWAT officers as would have actually been called out, and when one finally wings the BG, he peels off and doesn't follow up to shootdown! Jeez!! Shonda Rimes sucks!! I think they've jumped the shark, but who knows? The True Fans of a show like this probably loved it.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Missed it. Was watching "Criminal Minds."
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeVick View Post
    My wife likes to watch it, so to maintain harmony, I occasionally sit through it, and did last night. There were a couple of characters I was hoping they'd kill off, but I just wound up pissed off, as usual. First one to die was the prettiest actress on the show. Figures; typical of a Shonda Rimes type. Then, they show about 1/10 as many SWAT officers as would have actually been called out, and when one finally wings the BG, he peels off and doesn't follow up to shootdown! Jeez!! Shonda Rimes sucks!! I think they've jumped the shark, but who knows? The True Fans of a show like this probably loved it.
    Gotta love those bitchbaby tears. I was upset when they popped the red head they actually only killed off two main characters. I was kinda hopping Yang would get it.

I liked the cute young Doctor (YES, the female you bastiages!) She almost had a 3-way a few episodes ago, come on!

LOTS of fail in this episode gun-wise though. This is Seattle which is heavy CCW area (Illegal in hospitals there?) One CCW and the 2-hr show would have been 15-minutes. Then the SWAT guy shoots him and stands there like an idiot waving Yang/little Gray or whoever down. Should have been rushing over to finish the guy off.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Well lets see what is really more of a danger to you and your family....

A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is

(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians
    per year are 120,000.

(C) Accidental deaths per physician
    is 0.171
    Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept. of
    Health and Human Services.

Now think about this:
    Guns
    What's really more of a danger to you and your family......

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S.
    is 80,000,000
    (Yes, that's 80 million)

(B) The number of accidental gun deaths
    per year, all age groups, is 1,500.

(C) The number of accidental deaths
    per gun owner
    is 0.0000187

Statistics courtesy of FBI
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Alternate Ending

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    I liked the cute young Doctor (YES, the female you bastiages!) She almost had a 3-way a few episodes ago, come on!

LOTS of fail in this episode gun-wise though. This is Seattle which is heavy CCW area (Illegal in hospitals there?) One CCW and the 2-hr show would have been 15-minutes. Then the SWAT guy shoots him and stands there like an idiot waving Yang/little Gray or whoever down. Should have been rushing over to finish the guy off.
    I agree!

Alternate ending and the show is only 20 mins long instead of 2 hours! CCW holder double taps the perp and the event is over with only one dead hospital worker and one dead bad guy.

Of course, the news media then condemns the CCW holder, he get's sued by the "victim's" (bad guy) family for a senseless death!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links