KS'n got PA for MO

KS'n got PA for MO

This is a discussion on KS'n got PA for MO within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I got my PA permit today so I can carry in MO. I also got the following e-mail concerning reprocity for KS. The e-mail came ...

KS'n got PA for MO

I got my PA permit today so I can carry in MO. I also got the following e-mail concerning reprocity for KS. The e-mail came from the KS Attorney General.

June 8, 2006

First, please accept my apology for the delay in responding to your message. Our office has received an amazing volume of correspondence (both electronic and hard copy) and telephone calls related to the concealed carry law. Our staff is working diligently to get all of the regulations, application forms and training materials prepared by July 1st in order to properly implement the law.

In regards to your specific question, we are starting to look at the reciprocity issue, but have not made any final determinations on interstate reciprocity for Kansas yet. Just as an estimate, I believe we will probably have some reciprocity decisions made by approximately September, but since no concealed carry permits will be issued in Kansas until January 1, 2007 (per our statute) we likely will not begin extending reciprocity formally until January 1.

For more information, I suggest you go to our web site (www.ksag.org) and sign up for the periodic e-mail updates on concealed carry that our office has been sending out.

Respectfully,

>>> "Brian Williams" <brian@advnetwks.com> 4/20/2006 8:47:06 AM >>>
    Can someone send me more info about the CCW (Conceal and Carry) for Kansas ?
    What I am really interested in is who are reprocity states will be ?
    And
    When can I actually start carrying concealed if I get a permit from one of the reprocity states ? I would also like all laws pertaining to CCW ?

Thank you
    One shot. One kill.

Primary Carry - Taurus PT-111 Mil Pro 9mm DAO with 12 + 1 in the pipe. Holstered in a Brigade OWB M2.

Secondary Weapon - Taurus PT1911 5" 45acp SA with 8+1. Holstered in a Kydex paddle.

Kansas_shooter, thanks for the information. I travel to Wichita quite frequently and I'm eager to hear about the reciprocity. While we were in Wichita this weekend I had to make a late trip to Walgreens. Not having the comfort of my CC was very distressing. Anxious for 01/01/2007 to get here.
    For those who understand, no explanation is necessary.
    For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible.

John

VIP Member
    My brother-in-law applied for the Utah permit so he can carry in MO and a few other states he visits. I'm hoping that Kansas goes with MO as reciprocal so I can carry when I head down his way and or when I'm down in Olathe.

Waiting for 1/1/2007 to get here.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

I am with all of you, waiting for 1-1-07. Can't wait.

It is tuff for me to leave the house now a days also. I carry concealed around the house and in the yard when the kids are outside playing (I don't let my kids play outside alone). It really sucks to have to unholster my weapon and put it in the safe when leaving the house.

Whats bad is when going to MO. KS has a statute that a transported weapon has to be out of arms reach and ammo seperated from the weapon. So this means, drive to MO with weapon in the trunk, once passed state line, stop somewhere I can't be seen, holster my weapon, and go about my business and reverse the process on the way back. A real pain in the arss right now.
    One shot. One kill.

Primary Carry - Taurus PT-111 Mil Pro 9mm DAO with 12 + 1 in the pipe. Holstered in a Brigade OWB M2.

Secondary Weapon - Taurus PT1911 5" 45acp SA with 8+1. Holstered in a Kydex paddle.

Links