Glock Armorer!

This is a discussion on Glock Armorer! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; How does one go about becomming a Certified Glock Armorer?...

Thread: Glock Armorer!

Glock Armorer!

How does one go about becomming a Certified Glock Armorer?
    No matter what anyone says you can never own enough guns!!!
    Glock 26
    Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

Contact Glock and they should be able to give you a list of armorers courses nearby..or otherwise. Might try contacting GSSF. I have mine...its very easy to obtain.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Got mine through their dealer program. Everybody else on class was LEO.

I seem to remember something about the Certified Armorer course only being for dealers and LEO. Can someone set me straight? If that's not the case I may very well find one and sign up....
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I looked online for a Glock Armorer course, but every one within 600 miles of me was LEO only.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I found a place within driving distance, joined GSSF, and got into a class last September. The class is well worth the time and small fee.
    I think that I was the only non-LEO in the group.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

You need to be a dealer, LEO, or a member of the Glock Shooting Sports Foundation. Then you find a course local to you. The price varies depending on the instructor, at least when I looked it up I saw a couple different prices.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

ooh...this I did not know. Guess I'm joining GSSF!

edit:

hmm...that's irritating. They don't have a secure online registration...you actually have to print out a form and mail it. Dangit man. It's the 21st century. At least get with the 20th!.

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    ooh...this I did not know. Guess I'm joining GSSF!

edit:

hmm...that's irritating. They don't have a secure online registration...you actually have to print out a form and mail it. Dangit man. It's the 21st century. At least get with the 20th!.
    And don't hold your breath waiting it. I took a friend to a Glock shoot in March and he signed up on the spot. It took 6 weeks for his membership to actually process. You will need this member number to sign up for the course IIRC.

Remember, GSSF is NOT GLOCK, Inc. or even GLOCK Professional. It is a small organization with limited staff, affiliated with GLOCK. Or, at least that was what I was told.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    And don't hold your breath waiting it. I took a friend to a Glock shoot in March and he signed up on the spot. It took 6 weeks for his membership to actually process. You will need this member number to sign up for the course IIRC.

Remember, GSSF is NOT GLOCK, Inc. or even GLOCK Professional. It is a small organization with limited staff, affiliated with GLOCK. Or, at least that was what I was told.
    Well, what you were told is true. They do an amazing job for putting on all the GSSF Matches around the country, maintaining the paperwork (for GSSF Memberships & Scoring), and rountinely handling the daily office work.

Recent membership packages were held up for the lack of the ballcap availability.

Darn good people working hard so, wait ya turn, they'll get to ya!
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by H8SPVMT View Post
    Well, what you were told is true. They do an amazing job for putting on all the GSSF Matches around the country, maintaining the paperwork (for GSSF Memberships & Scoring), and rountinely handling the daily office work.

Recent membership packages were held up for the lack of the ballcap availability.

Darn good people working hard so, wait ya turn, they'll get to ya!
    I figured as much. I'm just hoping it gets done in time for me to get into the next Armorer class near me in July...

-The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    I figured as much. I'm just hoping it gets done in time for me to get into the next Armorer class near me in July...
    It may take some time to get a enough people to sign up too for the class. I was getting antsy waiting for the confirmation that my class was a go.

I called a week or two before, if I remember correctly and got it confirmed.

Fun class and remember, don't bring ya guns to class, they'll have everything you need for the class. Be sure to pay attention too, you can fail the test, it's no give'me test.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Links