Another Glock 26 Question

This is a discussion on Another Glock 26 Question within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thanks to all for the input on the 26. I bought one finally.This is my first Glock so I am not as in the know ...

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

Thanks to all for the input on the 26. I bought one finally.This is my first Glock so I am not as in the know as many of you. Here is my question. In the manual, I read to unload the gun,remove magazine, pull back slide to eject round in chamber,make certain chamber is empty, then pull trigger. After I do this,I notice the trigger remains all the way back. If I were to retract the slide again,the trigger will move forward. If I want to load a magazine and cycle a round into the chamber,does it matter if the trigger is back or forward? Are the internal safety devices on a Glock engaged with the trigger in either position? The instruction manual is pretty pathetic in my opinion. Too many languages and too many warnings. I understand if you pull the trigger guns go bang. One thing I am amazed by, the Glock is so close in size and shape to my XD9sc. The 26 fits my XD holster perfectly!Any other advice is welcome.

Thanks
    Stuart

Does not matter if trigger is forward or back. Safeties are engaged. They only disengage when trigger is pulled fully to the rear.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Does not matter if trigger is forward or back. Safeties are engaged. They only disengage when trigger is pulled fully to the rear.
    Exactly.
    Your vehicle owners manual doesn't tell you everything you need to know either.
    Learn where the trigger reset is on your new Glock pistol as well. You got yourself into a Glock for a reason, and I don't care what it is. I'm here as often as I can be, and I'm accessible. I'll give you my best to you and your new Glock. Anything else.....and you know where to find me.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    Thanks to all for the input on the 26. I bought one finally.This is my first Glock so I am not as in the know as many of you. Here is my question. In the manual, I read to unload the gun,remove magazine, pull back slide to eject round in chamber,make certain chamber is empty, then pull trigger. After I do this,I notice the trigger remains all the way back. If I were to retract the slide again,the trigger will move forward. If I want to load a magazine and cycle a round into the chamber,does it matter if the trigger is back or forward? Are the internal safety devices on a Glock engaged with the trigger in either position? The instruction manual is pretty pathetic in my opinion. Too many languages and too many warnings. I understand if you pull the trigger guns go bang. One thing I am amazed by, the Glock is so close in size and shape to my XD9sc. The 26 fits my XD holster perfectly!Any other advice is welcome.

Thanks
    Stuart
    No, it does'nt matter, but when you chamber the round, the trigger will be in the forward position again..and it WILL go bang if you pulled the trigger after that point!
    Enjoy your new pistol! I'm a fairly new Glock person myself, and I like it more and more as I use it ( excuse me, I mean them..I already bought my second one!)
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    ...Are the internal safety devices on a Glock engaged with the trigger in either position? The instruction manual is pretty pathetic in my opinion. Too many languages and too many warnings....Any other advice is welcome.

Thanks
    Stuart
    To answer your first question would depend on if the weapon was just fired or, empty.

But generally speaking, when the trigger is in the forward position all the safeties (3) are on, unless you have your finger on the trigger.

With an empty chamber, no magazine (empty gun) and the trigger pulled, all the safeties have been released. The reason for storaging the gun in this position is that all the spring (7) tension is released.

Now when shooting, that safety action is a little different. As you pull the trigger all the safeties are released and the gun cycles. If you continue to hold the trigger to the rear, only one of the safeties reset until you allow the trigger to move forward again.

WHY does Glock have so many warnings?
    Glock pistols do not feature a conventional manual safety lever that so many folks are accustomed to. So, I guess Glock wants people to fully get the gest of his message, this gun will discharge when you pull the trigger on a loaded chamber, much unlike many other firearms with a manual safety that phyically breaks/blocks the normal chain of events.

Reason for the many different languages is that Glocks are sold around the world, and that's a good thing for Glock and GLOCK Perfection.

Pay particular attention to the lube section and don't over do it.

"The instruction manual is pretty pathetic in my opinion." But pages 11 & 13 describe ithe information you're seeking.

What do you feel they left out? How would you present the material differently?
    Certified Glock Armorer

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    When I bought my G26 the gun store owner tried to talk me into a XD9. He said the cant of the grip fit his hand more comfortably than the baby glock. Just so you know, I'm not sorry I took the Glock!

Links