Video of guy accidentally shooting himself

This is a discussion on Video of guy accidentally shooting himself within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; LiveLeak.com - Gun Enthusiast Accidentally Kills self At Shooting Range I dont know hoe he did it....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Video of guy accidentally shooting himself

Video of guy accidentally shooting himself

2. Remove Ads

Or why no one is attempting to render first aid?

Was the guy in the white shirt supposed to be showing him how to use the gun? I'd say he failed miserably! And again, why didn't someone try to help him, if possible?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Definitely had a hard time telling what was going on in that video...

Nobody even checked for a pulse,he coulda been choking on his own blood etc.I woulda got somebodys attention and then started cpr,until ambulance arrived and took over
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Hard to tell what happened, no aide, no-one even checked him, he never moved again after the shot... which makes me wonder where he was hit.
    No real information here.

AzB
    Bizarre video. Watching it made me feel dirty, like I was watching a snuff film.

But my first thought was "why isn't anyone helping him?"

And next was "what the heck happened?"

It's very unclear what happened and what came after. Does anyone know the whole story?
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

VIP Member
    After some Googleizing I think I may have found the story here, appears to have been a suicide.

Man shoots self in head at Scottsdale gun range
    Laura Gold, Carol Sowers and Beth Duckett
    The Arizona Republic
    Oct. 17, 2007 12:00 AM

A 20-year-old man who shot himself to death at a gun club Monday had been “fighting inner battles he couldn't control,” an ex-girlfriend said.

Matthew Errico of Scottsdale shot himself in the head Monday evening at the Scottsdale Gun Club. Errico had recently been “trying to pray and contact God” for help, said Kristina Lucier, who dated Errico for 18 months.

“He was a great person and definitely impacted my life,” Lucier said.

Errico was attending Scottsdale Community College as a business major and graduated from Phoenix's Pinnacle High School in 2005, according to his MySpace page. He moved to Arizona from Washington State when he was 14.

Also on his page is a picture of Tupac Shakur on a $100 bill with the words, “Live by the gun, die by the gun.”

Police gave this account of Monday's incident: Errico entered the gun club, 14860 N. Northsight Blvd, around 7:30 p.m. and rented a semi-automatic pistol. He was given gun club instructions and paperwork before an employee lead him to the range to fire the weapon. The gun club requires people to watch a safety video and sign a release and waiver form before entering the gun range, according to its Web site.

Errico shot at a target for several minutes before facing the range master and shooting himself once in the head. He was pronounced dead at 8:20 p.m. at Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn.

A suicide note was found on Errico, but police are not releasing details.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    After some Googleizing I think I may have found the story here, appears to have been a suicide.

i wonder if the safety video mentioned anything about not committing suicide

That does not appear to be scottsdale gun club form the video.. SGC uses clear bullet resistant glass between the lanes. Not white dividers. I am a member and that doesnt even look close to it.

But stuff like this happens a lot. Its not uncommon for someone to go to the range rent a gun and shoot themselves. I always keep a loaded gun or one ready to go incase so yahoo like this tries to take out a few other people, and so do the range masters.

Remember folks CPR is for people not breathing and without a pulse, if you havent taken a CPR course dont attempt it. Chances are in a public place someone will have been properly trained in basic life support. The best thing you can do for anyone that is hurt is do not attempt to help them, even a professional out in the field without his tools cant do jack. Stand back call 911 ASAP, then if you have basic life support training asses the victim. If you try and treat first without calling 911 you have wasted time, and chances are your going to do more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckAZ View Post
    Remember folks CPR is for people not breathing and without a pulse, if you havent taken a CPR course dont attempt it.
    Two things I used to make a point in saying when I had to take CPR classes.

1- Bad CPR beats no CPR.
    2- Dead is dead.

I have never had an instructor disagree.

If they are going to be dead before help gets there, you are their last hope. Of course, if it was a suicide and there is not much left of the face/head. CPR's not very possible.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    One gun range I visited in L.A. wouldn't allow you to shoot on the same day you first showed up unless you had someone with you. If you were alone, you would fill out all the first-timer paperwork and then have to come back the next day to shoot.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Range rental is definitely becoming a new suicide route (death by rental gun). Happened several times here in FL in the last year or so. I don't even want to get into the "range liability" issues, but if a person is intend on killing themselves, no one's going to stop them. Any jurists should keep that in the forefront of their minds.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Originally Posted by ChuckAZ
    Remember folks CPR is for people not breathing and without a pulse, .
    IOW anyone you attempt CPR on is , by definition, dead, you aren't going to make them any more dead if you get it wrong.

They don't even teach first responders to check pulse anymore.

Yep. ^^

If a person is unconscious that is a in itself a medical emergency by definition.

Just because breathing ceases and your heart stops does not mean death is guaranteed, and attempt to revive if not resuscitate is a waste of time & effort.

NYC Man Survives After Heart Stops For 45 Minutes [Fell over 'dead' at an ER]
    NYC Man Survives After Heart Stops For 45 Minutes - wcbstv.com

'When the Heart Stops Beating: Medicine on the Midsay'
    http://www.uchospitals.edu/pdf/uch_003646.pdf

'Their Heart Stops: Now What'
    http://www.csmcpr.com/HeartStops.doc

Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)

If breathing/respiration ceases the heart may on it's own continue to beat...For a short time.
    If the heart stops though then breathing is not at all going to continue.
    Biology and mammal physiology.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links