+1 Pearce grip extensions on Glock 26?

This is a discussion on +1 Pearce grip extensions on Glock 26? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; For those here who have a Glock 26 and use the +1 Pearce grip extensions,did change your magazine springs? If not is it required/recommended to ...

Thread: +1 Pearce grip extensions on Glock 26?

For those here who have a Glock 26 and use the +1 Pearce grip extensions,did change your magazine springs? If not is it required/recommended to do so? Last but not least any reliability issues with using these? I've heard they can get bumped on something and come off is this true?
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

If you are using +1 grip extensions, you should have bought a Glock 19...JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I agree with First Sgt...there's no point in getting a +1 extension, it's going to really hinder concealability. The +0 extensions give you an extra finger groove without really changing the length. If you just want to shoot more for fun you can buy a 12/15/17/19/33...so it's pretty pointless to pay for a +1 extension I think.
    "In a world of compromise, some don't." -HK

If you are looking just for a pinkie extension, then I'd go with the +0 PG26 floor plate on the G26. With the +1 extensions...no, there's no need to change the magazine spring. Glock does make a factory +2 magazine for the G26, but the +2 OEM bottoms are hard to find by themselves.
    As with any aftermarket outfit making the extensions for the Glock magazines, you'll have to know the nature of the beast. I had a Pearce +2 on one of my G17 magazines (NFML) explode on me at the range yesterday when I hit the bottom of it to seat 19 rounds. I found all of the parts in short order, but I think I'm going back with the original floor plate on that magazine. Second time it's happened to me, and I think I know what I'm doing when it comes to the Glock magazines. Everything wears out over time and use as well.

LOLOLOL--RAM! Did you not see my post on the "Speed unload"?

For the LOVE OF GOD, don't do anything but +0 extensions unless you go Dawson or Arredondo. It'll look like a grenade going off when those rounds squirt out the bottom of the mag.

GLOCK extensions are the worst, followed by Pierce, then by Schrer. Now, any of the +0 extensions are fine and I have never had an issue with those. Of the rest--all have failed me. I was using Wolf +10% springs (the factory springs did not function well with +2 or beyond)

Secondary question--why do you want them? Most people shoot the G26/27 better without them (because they can't squeeze with the pinky, usually). You're not gaining any control (unless you're squeezing with the pinky, which is a no-no). Get one, make it a +0, and see what you think. I'm guessing you'll go back to "factory" on both.

Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Sponsored Links