Trouble with Botach Tactical

This is a discussion on Trouble with Botach Tactical within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; HI Folks, I just ordered some magazines from Botach Tactical. They shorted me one. Normally, not a problem - mistakes are made, stuff happens. However, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HI Folks,
    I just ordered some magazines from Botach Tactical. They shorted me one. Normally, not a problem - mistakes are made, stuff happens. However, they do not have anyone answering the phone (customer service number), and they will not return any of the messages I've left.
    A little investigation has turned up that they have 156 complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau, and have been given an "F" rating by them. Apparantly this is not an isolated incident.
    I do not mean to sound like a whiner here, but I did want to warn my fellow CombatCarry members of my experience.

That sucks you got shorted man. Thanks for the heads up.

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    I had a problem with them, I ordered a pelican case. They charged my credit card right then, then two weeks later no case. I called, they said they did not sell the case I ordered. They wanted to sell me the next size up, I said ok for the price of the smaller one, they said no. I ended up paying extra for the bigger case. If I had not called two weeks later I dont know that anyone would have ever tried to contact me. I do not do business with these people.
    Curry

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland
    However, they do not have anyone answering the phone (customer service number), and they will not return any of the messages I've left.

Customer Service, in general, is going by they way of the Do-Do Bird...EXTINCT.

It's sad that when you actually speak to a customer service with a pulse is the exception rather than the norm.

Sponsor
    I too have had problems with botach. They don't follow through with orders and to put it mildly, if you do get someone on the phone, thier english is horrible and you can hardly understand them. They have flat lied to me both about orders being shipped and product being in stock.

They get no more of my business and I tell everybody who asks/mentions them to steer WAY clear of them.

Thanks to Gary for letting folks here know about them, there are endless threads about thier "questionable" business pratices at several of the other boards.

Thanks fer listenin'

Mark

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Administrator
    Sure Enough ~ I Google Searched them myself & Not Good...Not Good at all.

Thanks For The "Heads Up" Gary. Good Looking Out!
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I've heard way too many stories like that to risk using them. There's too many other sources out there that have what I need and appreciate my business. Sorry you're having trouble with them Gary, stay after them and make sure they settle up.
    Jack

Yes, thank you for the heads up. I've heard about them before but now since I heard it from a very creditable source I will never do business with them.

Wayne

Ordered from them twice:

First time the item never shipped, no answer to emails or calls.

Second time they shipped (and charged for) half my ordered, no answer to emails or calls about the rest of the order.

Their prices are low but so is their service level.
    First rule of a gunfight: Carry a gun

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I've never dealt with them, but this isn't the first such thread that I have seen about them.

Thanks for the first hand account. Your integrity is definately A+.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

VIP Member
    Wow. Lots of stuff on the net with the same story over and over. Gary, sounds like the fight the customer until most of them go away and drop it. Sorry.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

I've never ordered from them but like other have said there's so much bad stuff on the net about them i never will

Here's the problem.

Since the emergence of so many small business owners starting their own internet side businesses, a great many people are doing the Drop Shipping thing. They take your order, charge your credit card, then call it in to a distributor, and then that distributor ships it out to the customer for a small fee to the person that took the order. This is also a way for a small business owner to not have to fork out all the money, and stock up on products or deal with inventory. They have small profit margins, but less overheard.

This also starts to complitcate the order/shipping process and leaves more room for screwing things up.

The businesses that do this all the time usually have problems. I'm willing to bet.....

Yeah, I understand what you are saying. I own a small Mom & Pop business, and I fully understand that "stuff happens". (God knows I make plenty of mistakes!)

However, with Botach, they have not answered their customer service line even once when I've called, nor have they returned my voice mails.

Customer service and personal ethics are not really so much about not making mistakes, but rather how they are dealt with and resolved. Humans are imperfect and mistakes are inevitable.

However, I do not see that this was merely a mistake by Botach - no effort whatsoever has been made to make things right.
    Do a Google search on "Complaints Botach Tactical" and you'll see that my situation is in no way unique.

If this was a minor screw-up, I would never have posted this thread. Doing so under those circumstances would be unethical, imho. These folks appear to be committing fraud, and I felt it prudent to warn ya'll.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Young
    Here's the problem.

Since the emergence of so many small business owners starting their own internet side businesses, a great many people are doing the Drop Shipping thing. They take your order, charge your credit card, then call it in to a distributor, and then that distributor ships it out to the customer for a small fee to the person that took the order. This is also a way for a small business owner to not have to fork out all the money, and stock up on products or deal with inventory. They have small profit margins, but less overheard.

This also starts to complitcate the order/shipping process and leaves more room for screwing things up.

The businesses that do this all the time usually have problems. I'm willing to bet.....
    Drop Shipping is not a bad thing My company drops ships stuff all the time and we are a big place .. They drop ship my repair parts for what i work on to my house that i use off the van

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links