What do you find the most frustrating in regard to CCW? - Page 4

What do you find the most frustrating in regard to CCW?

This is a discussion on What do you find the most frustrating in regard to CCW? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by jfl The weight of the gun on my belt When I started carrying, in the 80's, I couldn't feel it, after 8880 ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by jfl View Post
    The weight of the gun on my belt
    When I started carrying, in the 80's, I couldn't feel it, after 8880 days it is getting heavier each year.
    And some folks wonder why anyone would want to carry such a pipsqueek as a .380. Some days, this G30 and its 10 rounds of 230s reaaly makes the words Glock and Brick seem synonymous.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by NIS350ZTT View Post
    Living in a world where there is a need to carry at all.
    +100
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

VIP Member
    Interesting replies.

I suspect that the old adage "Where you sit determines where you stand" has a part in some.

For example, I live in an OC State. Until July 1st, I had to OC in most restaurants. Printing, wind flapping my cover garment, etc never crossed my mind. But, I can see where it would in other States.

How much you travel out of State (or even in-State, if no State Preemption law) seems to have a part in some.

I expect the extent of each State's "yes-but-not-here/when" laws has a part in some.

Good examples of impact of the widely varied State Laws on the RKBA and the fact that one size does not fit all.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Needing a permit and having off-limits places that don't apply to criminals.
    So what's important to you about being able carry in off-limit places?

Quote Originally Posted by kobyashi View Post
    I find that there seems to be a lack of books that pertain to tactics and mindset specific to Joe Q citizen. (most are focused on LEO)
    What I find most frustrating is trying to keep up to date with all of the laws and regulations of carrying.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    1) The fact that (other than private residence) that's where nearly all shooting of 3 or more take place.

2) Because the "Un-armed Victims Rich Zone" or a " Safety Zone for Criminal" or a “Free-fire Zone for Deranged Killers” a.k.a “Gun Free Zone” which are NOT "gun free" because criminals, by definition, don’t obey the law much less gun-buster signs.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Well....considering my kids play on soccer fields located on school grounds, I can't carry there.

Why should I have to disarm at a hospital? I have no ill intent....

National park buildings? Same as above...

Why can't I carry in a Post Office? Same as above...

Why can't I carry in a church? Same as above...

Why (if visiting NC) can't I carry in a place that serves alcohol? I don't drink and carry....

College campus buildings?? Why not?

...just a few of my pet peeves...that the state thinks it knows what is best for everyone....until some criminal ignores the law, legally posted signs, etc....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

1) That some people think that more useless gun laws will stop crime.

2) Having to disarm when I go into the courthouse and the idiot at the scanner asks me "who are you with?" as if it makes a difference when all I have is an EMPTY holster on my belt.

3) "Concealed means concealed;""better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6" and the rest of the drivel that gets tossed about as if it is profound and meaningful.

4) Oh yeah, reciprocity and complex/confusing laws on where/how anyone can carry.

Quote Originally Posted by NIS350ZTT View Post
    Living in a world where there is a need to carry at all.
    Another +100.

Also finding a way to carry on-body that isn't uncomfortable after 10 minutes (female).

Also traveling difficulties out-of-state.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Quote Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
    Other CC people’s attitudes/ beliefs.
    What kind of Attitudes or Beliefs? Anything specific?

VIP Member
    What kind of Attitudes or Beliefs? Anything specific?
    I can't speak for others, but by that I meant various forms of elitist / Pro-RKBA-in-name-only.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member
    1) Not being able to try any new firearm before buying for cc. I know you can find demo guns at ranges and ask to fire friend's guns, but it does not cover all the opportunities. Good handfeel and function does not always equate to "wow, I loved the way that SHOT (not just FELT)".

2) Holsters

3) Holsters

4) Holsters All the good ones seem to be mail order, how can you try these before comitting??

5) Laws changing from state to state. I keep up on the three state's permits that I have but there seems to be room for honest error on this.

Thanks for asking this question. That felt good.

New to the forum, but thought I would add my two cents here. I have been CCing for a few years now, and have changed my daily carry a couple of times, trying to find the right fit and comfort level. That being said, my biggest frustration is Nevada's weapon specific permit. You have to each indivdual weapon listed on the carry permit.

All my carry weapons are based on the 1911 design, so each is very similar, just different size and calibers, but each time I must qualify and then pay another permit fee, $25.00, each time I want to try something new.

This becomes not only expensive, but it also take about 2 hours of my time waiting each time I need to add another gun. The only way around this is to qualify with a revolver, then you can carry any one you want.

+100

And to add: the complete and utter ignorance of many towards weapons and the honest people who own them!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    1) That some people think that more useless gun laws will stop crime.

2) Having to disarm when I go into the courthouse and the idiot at the scanner asks me "who are you with?" as if it makes a difference when all I have is an EMPTY holster on my belt.

3) "Concealed means concealed;""better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6" and the rest of the drivel that gets tossed about as if it is profound and meaningful.

4) Oh yeah, reciprocity and complex/confusing laws on where/how anyone can carry.
    Never argue with an idiot, theyll bring you down to thier level

Me thinks kobyashi is a troll....3 posts....nothing but questions.....nothing heard since his last post. No intro...See post #55 to AlexHassin...is he a new gun owner? Otherwise, it smells like someone doing research...
    Last edited by SIGguy229; June 19th, 2010 at 05:37 PM.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links