What do you find the most frustrating in regard to CCW?

This is a discussion on What do you find the most frustrating in regard to CCW? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by SIGguy229 Me thinks kobyashi is a troll....3 posts....nothing but questions.....nothing heard since his last post. No intro...See post #55 to AlexHassin...is he ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What do you find the most frustrating in regard to CCW?

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Me thinks kobyashi is a troll....3 posts....nothing but questions.....nothing heard since his last post. No intro...See post #55 to AlexHassin...is he a new gun owner? Otherwise, it smells like someone doing research...
    I can see where you might say that. When I'm having a bad hair day I look just like one of those plastic trolls (without the hula skirt of course)

My apologies for the lack of Intro. I forget to do that in person too. I've owned guns since 2003 and had just recently attended a class regarding the laws in CT for when you can use deadly force and other ramifications if you do so. There was stuff that was extremely frustrating so to be pro-active I've spent the last week and a half getting every thing I can find on it and talking to people about it only to find that I have more questions. So Joined this Forum

Well "duh" ... of course it's "research" I follow the Groucho Marx way
    "Learn from the mistakes of others we don't have time to make them all on our own"

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by C Bennett View Post
    That people still ask..."what do you think you need THAT for".
    This...

Plus the fact that in FL I can't sit at the bar and drink a coke to socialize. I have to disarm completely. Plus schools and other locations where I'm not allowed to be. Schools get me more than anything. I'm walking around kids at walmart, the mall, the drug store, wendy's, grocery stores but they think I'm going to shoot up a school?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by kobyashi View Post
    I've owned guns since 2003 and had just recently attended a class regarding the laws in CT for when you can use deadly force and other ramifications if you do so. There was stuff that was extremely frustrating so to be pro-active I've spent the last week and a half getting every thing I can find on it and talking to people about it only to find that I have more questions.
    Who taught the class, and where was it taught?

Quote Originally Posted by kobyashi View Post
    I can see where you might say that. When I'm having a bad hair day I look just like one of those plastic trolls (without the hula skirt of course)

My apologies for the lack of Intro. I forget to do that in person too. I've owned guns since 2003 and had just recently attended a class regarding the laws in CT for when you can use deadly force and other ramifications if you do so. There was stuff that was extremely frustrating so to be pro-active I've spent the last week and a half getting every thing I can find on it and talking to people about it only to find that I have more questions. So Joined this Forum

Well "duh" ... of course it's "research" I follow the Groucho Marx way
    "Learn from the mistakes of others we don't have time to make them all on our own"
    My apologies....

I've experienced on other boards those who ask a bunch of questions, get reasonable answers, and then come back sometime later to "stir the pot" so to speak. It's sometimes people who don't like guns, demonize them and the owners. I was premature in that assumption...your last question to Alex seemed unusual, as some/most gun owners in areas where guns in citizens possession are not a common sight in public, will get stupid questions like "Why do you need THAT?" or other questions of the sort (negative or derogatory).

As a 7-year gun owner, I'm surprised you haven't experienced that in CT.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    Who taught the class, and where was it taught?
    It was "Self Defense and the Law" taught by Paul Smith at the Bridgeport shooting range. It was a great class and I highly recommend checking it out. I've got 8 pages of notes that I wrote down.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    My apologies....

I've experienced on other boards those who ask a bunch of questions, get reasonable answers, and then come back sometime later to "stir the pot" so to speak. It's sometimes people who don't like guns, demonize them and the owners. I was premature in that assumption...your last question to Alex seemed unusual, as some/most gun owners in areas where guns in citizens possession are not a common sight in public, will get stupid questions like "Why do you need THAT?" or other questions of the sort (negative or derogatory).

As a 7-year gun owner, I'm surprised you haven't experienced that in CT.
    I have owned guns for the last 7 years but haven't CC as 90 % of my time is commuting and working in NYC where I can't carry and I didn't feel I was "Armed" with enough knowledge as far when I might have to use it.

My question to Alex was to clarify what attitudes or belief of other CC'er he was referring to. In my mind I could speculate why others outside the CC community would have attitudes and belief that would be frustrating but I was having trouble finding a point of reference in my own experience that would match within the CC community.

MitchellCT had made reference to "Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6 mentality"
    This makes some sense to me as a point of reference and it's also vague at that same time.

What specifically about it? What Context? Question like that

To me this means people that are under the assumption that their actions will be justifiable or exonerated in court. To me the "mentality" lacks a reality check.

Others may have a different interpretation of that phrase.

There's also some limitation in communicating this in written form on a forum than in a face-to-face conversation

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Reciprocity, or the lack thereof.
    Absolutely!
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" Clemenza

It’s a good question,
    My answer I have a suspicion will be different then most on this form would answer. I am also shore that there will be a few that do not like what I have to say. Yet hear I go.
    First I find that many people carrying do need a reality check. There are many that are what some call mall ninjas, want to be cops, sheepdogs, and many names. These are the individual that see their CCW permit as a sort of junior police men badge, and they buy badges to go along with them on occasion. They are in there own world and in it they are the hero that will instantly be recognized and there will be no legal consciences and the jury would clap and cheer them. Yes the judged by 12 comment falls into this mentality. They have tones of other slogans too.
    Second there is unfortunately a primary mindset that goes with people that CCW in the political, ethical area that sounds so much like a stereotype its not funny. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I have run into some very, unsettling ones when with other gun owners. Also there often seems to be this annoying questions and comments when you don’t exactly fit the picture. “Your and atheist, what are you doing hear?” “ you live in NYC?” “ don’t you people not believe in owning guns?”. Some of it is my own personal experiences in life but I find that like a stereotype you meet these “god fearing gun owning proud republicans” that often irk me to no end. There usually the ones making the comments.
    Third there seams to be a lot of conspiracy theories and the likes. Conspiracies are nice there very entertaining. However after hearing multiple times about how the secret base for the New World Order is under Denver international airport it gets under my skin, personally. Also I can never get a straight answer who this New World Order group is. It personally sounds like the Jews, Muslims and Atheists got together and formed an evil alliance from the way it was explained at times. There’s this and a gaggle more.
    Forth, there are many people who seem to be of the belief that there is some huge difference and negligence in people that do not carry/ own firearms. Seriously its someone’s choice, that is there’s to make. Statistically the chance that any given day that you as an individual will need a firearm for self defense is slim. It varies between individuals and areas but as a whole it is unlikely. Everyone varies in how they handle risk, what they consider necessary and what is too much of a hassle. Yet some CCW people give of the impression that it should be a felony to not carry a CCW at all times
    I have tried and failed to keep it brief, but I hope you have a better idea what I was addressing.

Others may have a different interpretation of that phrase.
    I think those who say that think they rather take their chances with a jury then with someone trying to hurt them/their loved ones.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links