No weapons allowed!

No weapons allowed!

This is a discussion on No weapons allowed! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I took my family to see the new Toy Story 3 today. My daughter loved it. As I was walking in, now I seen ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No weapons allowed!

So I took my family to see the new Toy Story 3 today. My daughter loved it. As I was walking in, now I seen tons of movies at this theatre . But I see a "No Weapons" sign for the first time. Not just one but 12 of these signs posted. That was just as I was coming in. Two more while I was paying and etc... So I asked why the signs? The cashier told me a guy started making a big scene of over his open carry rights, his rights for self defense, blah, blah, blah.... Now there were cops at the theatre at that time and they ended up kicking him out because he started screaming and causing a scene.

Shouldn't we know by now that sheep will never understand why we do this? And how open carry can hurt our gun rights if not educated right. Instead he decided to flip out. Any other proper LABC would of just walked away and went to another theatre but now he just ruined it for everyone one else.

That's why I like concealed carry!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    There is only one reason that I want open carry in FL... that is so that in the event of an accidental reveal, I'm not on the ground after a "Man with a gun" 911 call.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Quote Originally Posted by JXONE View Post
    So I took my family to see the new Toy Story 3 today. My daughter loved it. As I was walking in, now I seen tons of movies at this theatre . But I see a "No Weapons" sign for the first time. Not just one but 12 of these signs posted. That was just as I was coming in. Two more while I was paying and etc... So I asked why the signs? The cashier told me a guy started making a big scene of over his open carry rights, his rights for self defense, blah, blah, blah.... Now there were cops at the theatre at that time and they ended up kicking him out because he started screaming and causing a scene.

Shouldn't we know by now that sheep will never understand why we do this? And how open carry can hurt our gun rights if not educated right. Instead he decided to flip out. Any other proper LABC would of just walked away and went to another theatre but now he just ruined it for everyone one else.
    Yeah.....I would say discretion is the better part of valor and CC'd (ignoring the sign)

The moment you start making a fool of yourself makes everyone who carries look bad....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

In North Carolina carry in a movie theater will get you a felony. That is a no, no.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion View Post
    In North Carolina carry in a movie theater will get you a felony. That is a no, no.
    14‑269.3. Carrying weapons into assemblies and establishments where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed.
    (a) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry any gun, rifle, or pistol into any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission thereto, or into any establishment in which alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

To the OP. I OC pretty regularly. That guy should have left when the conversation was going nowhere. You're better off taking it up with them later instead of arguing in public. Or finding another theater. You may want to check on the corporate policy if it's a chain theater. If it's a local one they can do what they want pretty much.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    " No weapons " posts mean no spend my money in your store! With this economy, only an ignorant fool would put up such a sign. Go figure!

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Sadly all the theatres I'm aware of in my neck of the woods in VA are "posted".

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    In NC most places people go are already illegal to carry in, and depending on the area, most others will be posted.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

That's one thing I love about FL. Post a sign it doesn't matter, I'm concealed and you don't know and the law doesn't recognize your sign as any more than fluff.

I agree about the guy in question, should have taken it up to management and explain the law with evidence from the books. After that it's on them.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I'll second the 'love Florida' post.
    Signs mean absolutely 'zip', and concealed is concealed.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'll second the 'love Florida' post.
    Signs mean absolutely 'zip', and concealed is concealed.
    Don't get me wrong, FL could use a bit of adjustment to certain laws but generally I'm happy with the situation. Could be worse.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by JXONE View Post
    The cashier told me a guy started making a big scene of over his open carry rights, his rights for self defense, blah, blah, blah.... Now there were cops at the theatre at that time and they ended up kicking him out because he started screaming and causing a scene.....
    Guys like this really P!$$ me off!
    He did absolutely NOTHING to help the cause of CC or OC proponents. IMO; this OCer is a selfish, arrogant B******.

I sometimes wonder if people like this are really AG infiltrators that want to make it MORE difficult for the rest of us. Guys like this are the reason my state representatives have shot down every OC legislation attempt made.

This type of behavior does nothing; but feed into the sterotypical mindset that believes ALL gun owners are arrogant macho idiots. (Someone needs to take this guy to school!)

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    That's why I like concealed carry!
    That's right....
    My heroes are Veterans and My Father (who was a veteran).

I believe prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance should have REMAINED in schools, and the Ten Commandments should have REMAINED in schools, courthouses, and everywhere else it was before the ACLU got involved.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    People like that shouldn't carry at all.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links