Lets see a picture of that one gun you will never sell!!

Lets see a picture of that one gun you will never sell!!

This is a discussion on Lets see a picture of that one gun you will never sell!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Like the title says! Lets see the ONE gun that you would never sell for whatever reason and please tell us the story behind it! ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets see a picture of that one gun you will never sell!!

Senior Member Array bigo5552000's Avatar

Talking Lets see a picture of that one gun you will never sell!!

Like the title says! Lets see the ONE gun that you would never sell for whatever reason and please tell us the story behind it! This should be a fun thread!

Well I'll start it off...this is a Lee-Enfield my dad bought in 1953 for $19.99 for a magazine add. He was 13 when he bought this gun. When it arrived it was packed in cosmaline so he completely disassembled it and cleaned it. Then he bought a large block of walnut and hand carved the stock with the x-acto knife kit shown in one of the pictures. He gave it to me when 15 or 16(can't remember). I added the sling and scope when I was younger. So I will never sell this gun! Now lets see yours!
    Attached Images
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."-Einstein

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I haven't got the gun that I would never sell so far. It's just around the corner, I feel it.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Tough one! I have a nice little collection started, and since I"ve inherited several I wouldn't want to part with any of them! but I guess I'd start with this one:

This was my grandfathers winchester (Pre 64) Model 70 30-06, who was killed in a car accident before I was ever born, (knucklehead passing on a hill killed him) I'm hoping I can dig up the reciept too because he purchased it at my great-grandfathers hardware store! (In a VERY small Montana town) I guess I feel its one connection to the grandfather I never knew, but from all accounts I've heard he was a pretty amazing guy. Besides if you know anything about hunting rifles you'd know a pre-64 model 70 is pretty much the holy grail of hunting rifles. (the riflemans rifle)

My grandfather on my dad's side however, I've had many good memories and hunting trips with also passed on almost 2 years ago - I have some of his guns, and the first hunting rifle I used was his .243 so its a pretty close tie! Fact is, I won't ever sell any of them! (most of ones passed down to me anyway) I'd bury them in the ground and live on the street first!

Well, I don't have the time nor energy to take pics of them all. Thing is (and I believe)..never say never 'cause you never know. Actually, I might sell any of them for the right price, but I know that nobody would pay that. I never plan on selling any of the guns I own at this time. They are all equal no matter their actual value. It's their worth that I see. Each and every one priceless. I'm where I want to be even though I'd like more. If ever came the day I actually needed to sell just one.......I'll wish I never had such a difficult decision to make, but I put myself in that position and possibility a long time ago. That being said, I'll just leave you with a pic of one of my favorites since it was the best deal I ever made on a trade. It's the black one here:

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    Most of my guns are on the "Do Not Sell" list, but of all of them, this one is probably NOT going to be sold.

Now, why would I not sell a Rhom RG14????

Well, it still functions well (especially with snake shot), but mainly because it has a pawn shop value of about $20 on the high side.

How's that for reasoning

surv

Senior Moderator
    Here is one that I wont sell,even though I get asked about it just about every time.

Its my own design which I built from scratch, from the ground up. It has a bolt that rides on teflon bearings which make it pretty slick, and it uses a 10 shot Barret magazine. The lower is patterened from an AR-15 lower and uses most of the fire control parts. It all comes apart. It was built to be as lightweight as possible,weighing a total of 23 pounds. At this moment is sports a 10x MK4 Leupold.
    Im still trying to perfect it. I am contemplating redesigning the trigger mech to go from a hammer fired to a striker fired for a better trigger pull. The extractor needs to be a bit bigger with a heaver spring, the extraction is a bit anemic. Other than that, it shoots suprisingly well.

It is a .50 BMG. I built it because Democrats hate them.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Here is one that I wont sell,even though I get asked about it just about every time.

Its my own design which I built from scratch, from the ground up. It has a bolt that rides on teflon bearings which make it pretty slick, and it uses a 10 shot Barret magazine. The lower is patterened from an AR-15 lower and uses most of the fire control parts. It all comes apart. It was built to be as lightweight as possible,weighing a total of 23 pounds. At this moment is sports a 10x MK4 Leupold.
    Im still trying to perfect it. I am contemplating redesigning the trigger mech to go from a hammer fired to a striker fired for a better trigger pull. The extractor needs to be a bit bigger with a heaver spring, the extraction is a bit anemic. Other than that, it shoots suprisingly well.

Okay........I'm not jealous, just absolutely crushed at this point. Still trying to perfect it huh? You built it. Geez. Well, I have three live rounds of 50BMG. I'd seriously like to help you perfect it.
    See? Never say never because I'd probably sell some of mine for one of those perfect or not!

I want one.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Administrator
    This one is not mine but, same Galil 5.56 early IMI Magnum Research import.
    I have 2 but the NEW In Box "Mint Condition" one with all accessories and 8 magazines goes to my nephew "Ben" when I croak...which hopefully will not be too soon.

Senior Moderator
    I've always liked Galil's.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

That is really sweet, how's it shoot?

You're my new hero

the only thing that I can make from scratch, is a peanut butter sandwich
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    You're my new hero

the only thing that I can make from scratch, is a peanut butter sandwich
    I enjoy making the bread, but the peanut butter... will, I just think that Jiff does it better. but, hey, more power to you.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Quote Originally Posted by CCWFlaRuger View Post
    I enjoy making the bread, but the peanut butter... well, I just think that Jiff does it better. but, hey, more power to you.
    I honestly think that Peter Pan has it down for the smooth. I like it smooth by the way, makes me want to eat more of it! I eat it every day! Take it for what it's worth.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links