Any HI POINT 9mm Out there ???

This is a discussion on Any HI POINT 9mm Out there ??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've had mine for 2 years, people may laugh but, bollar for dollar and the warenty that can't be beat, it's a great weapon. Put ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any HI POINT 9mm Out there ???

I've had mine for 2 years, people may laugh but, bollar for dollar and the warenty that can't be beat, it's a great weapon. Put a tigger guard laser sight "wish it had rails" is on the money for the first 10and round mag. Been using hydra shock rounds to make sure they work, no problems. Let me here from other user's about the good, the bad and the ugly.

Mike Broz

In the front row for this one.

You are going to get Lots of varying opinions on this one... Mine is that the Hi Point is a great firearm if you want something big and heavy to hit someone over the head with.

Oh, Welcome to the best firearms related forum on the 'net.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

VIP Member
    Oh boy - here we go...

Welcome to the forum, Mike. FWIW, I own two C9's, and am contemplating destroying them. You'll find plenty of previous discussions with the 'search' feature.

Locked out on a balcony of the Dark Tower...
    No Thanks, My step dad has a .45 Hi-Point, get this, its called the JHP. In the JHP manual it tells u NOT TO USE Jacketed Hollow Point rounds. *facepalm*
    They have such a great warranty because their parts are so cheap hell id be suprised if they even charged for stuff like new barrels, mags, etc....
    All Day I Dream About Sigs

Locked out on a balcony of the Dark Tower...
    welcome by the way, ive found everyone here to be super friendly as of yet.
    All Day I Dream About Sigs

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Oh boy - here we go...

Welcome to the forum, Mike. FWIW, I own two C9's, and am contemplating destroying them. You'll find plenty of previous discussions with the 'search' feature.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Welcome to the forum. I say if the High-Point works for you, go for it. I have never fired one, just know that I'm not fond of their looks. They are a running joke in most gun forums from what I hear.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I have one in the collection. Actually shoots very well. I have it in an under the desk holster in my study as my shooter for that room. I have full confidence that it would be accurate and reliable if ever needed.
    Best Regards from Minnesota,

Rick

cmb
    you will find many threads by searching, I have a c-9, I have had no problems with it, ever, I've shot old ammo, rat shot, hp's, it shoots em, it's pretty accurate, it pretty heavy and looks well a little odd. All in all I like mine, my wife like it too I think the weight, did I say heavey eats up the recoil, for the thickness and did I say weight you can carry a full size steel 1911 but I mess around it some, it has a manual safety too.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Wow people are being polite on this subject today. I guess it's still early.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    They are not for me. I might buy one if I needed an anchor for my boat....Cuz they are that heavy!!!!
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

I personally feel the money I spent on buying one would be money towards a more top shelf gun, they just arent for me. That being said I am very good friends with a Forensic firearms examiner, at a major crime lab. He is a member here, (mrwhite1) and the following is his take on the Hi-Point line of firearms, as taken from a thread on EDC Forums.

"I want to give you my professional opinion of Hi-Point firearms. I work in the LE community as a forensic firearm examiner. My daily job is to examine firearms for their function and operation, as well as determining whether a bullet or cartridge case has been fired by a particular firearm. With that said, in my 10+ years of work, and examination of literally hundreds of Hi-Points, I can honestly say I have never seen a Hi-Point that has not fired. With that said, I've seen them broken, cracked, pieces missing, you name it, but no matter what the issue was it wont prevent them from firing.

I personally know the president of Hi-Point and let me tell you what he is absolutely a phenominal guy who would give you the shirt off his back. I have no doubt that if... and that's a big if you had any problems with one of his firearms he would make it right without hesitation. He also adds additional steps in his manufacturing process to aid in identifying his firearms, as well as putting hidden serial numbers on them. I've also visited his manufacturing facility and it's quite impressive.

Now with that being said, are they the most expensive firearm? No not by a long shot. The majority of the gun is cast and injection molded. It costs huge amounts of money to machine something out of a solid piece of steel or aluminum. Hi-Point firearms are less expensive than some of the big names, but he works hard to keep prices down so it's affordable. Yes it may not be as sleek, maybe not as light, maybe not as accurate... but it is a good quality firearm, affordable to buy, accurate, reliable to shoot, and above all else dependable.

For the $ they simply can not be beat in my opinion. "

I take his opinion very seriously as he his a fanatical researcher and will not stamp approval to very many brands unless he has seriously given it consideration.

And to the OP...yes if you do a search there is lots of threads here praising and flaming Hi-point.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I had a 9MM and sold it recently, only due to the difficulty for take down cleaning. It is not impossible mind you, but it isn't like an XD or Glock for easy field strip and cleaning.

I fired tons of ammo through that gun and it never let me down. Besides which, it's ugly as sin. Now, that isn't enough reason to sell a good gun, imo, but having aquired a few newer pieces, this was the easy choice to get rid of and I made back what I spent on it.
    SA Loaded 1911
    XD45 Service
    XDs45

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    No Thanks, My step dad has a .45 Hi-Point, get this, its called the JHP. In the JHP manual it tells u NOT TO USE Jacketed Hollow Point rounds. *facepalm*
    They have such a great warranty because their parts are so cheap hell id be suprised if they even charged for stuff like new barrels, mags, etc....
    Thats because the JHP stands for Junk High Point not jacketed hollow point.
    Proud houlder of a Texas Open Carry License.

I've got one in 9mm that I've had for five or six years. Back when ammo was cheap I used to shoot it a lot. I put a couple thousand rounds through it, before I got bored and stopped shooting it. It jammed a half dozen times over that run, but four of them came out of one box of range reloads, so I blame the ammo, not the gun in those cases. It worked with WWB, Rem-UMC, Blazer Brass, and American Eagle FMJ stuff just fine. There were a few HP rounds mixed in there too, but not many.

I cleaned it with a can of WD-40, and a Q-tip. Never needed to do more than that. I could shoot it just as well as I do any other 9mm I've ever owned.

I keep in the cardboard box it came in now. If the blue helmets or the zombies ever come, I'll pass it out to someone as we make our last stand.
    For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links