Selling guns

Selling guns

This is a discussion on Selling guns within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has anyone sold a gun on guntrader any tips on using it I don't want to sell a gun to a criminal what should I ...

Thread: Selling guns

Selling guns

Has anyone sold a gun on guntrader any tips on using it I don't want to sell a gun to a criminal what should I do. Or if anyone has a better idea where to sell a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmtbracer View Post
    Has anyone sold a gun on guntrader any tips on using it I don't want to sell a gun to a criminal what should I do. Or if anyone has a better idea where to sell a gun.
    Why not cosign it to a gun shop? Make sure to get and understand all paperwork. They have the ability to screen customers.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Quote Originally Posted by ssmtbracer View Post
    You can only send your gun to an FFL, who is required to perform the various checks of the buyer required by law in the state where the transfer takes place. You are legally allowed to send a firearm to an FFL. The key is to not ship until you have a ink-signed copy of the receiving FFL in your hands (although the BATFE allows faxed copies these days).

If it makes you feel more secure, you can elect to send the gun from an FFL at your end. Out here in AZ, few dealers will accept handgun transfers except from another FFL.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Ex Member
    Just sell them FTF. In a large city it is no problem.

I have 5 or 6 guns for sale right now and this past three months have sold three other ones.... and over the past few years it's been a good number.

I almost always send it through my FFL to theirs. Once I sent it directly to their FFL and I've done two FTF. In Texas, there's nothing really required for face to face, but I still have them sign a receipt stating they can legally own a handgun. Just in case....it keeps me clear on my end. Again, that's in Texas.

I can even send a handgun to another individual through UPS with no FFL involved, though they won't at my UPS hub, which is fine with me.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    Just sell them FTF. In a large city it is no problem.
    That, my friend, is an invitation for a felony charge in a large number of states. I trust this comment was offered in jest!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    That, my friend, is an invitation for a felony charge in a large number of states. I trust this comment was offered in jest!
    Which states would those be? Certainly not this one.
    For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
    That would be Federal Law. When you sell a gun to a person out of state, it must be transfered to an FFL.

Depending on what State you live in, guns may sold, loaned, traded or gifted to another person who can legally posses a firearm to another person within your state. Several states allow intrastate transfer without an FFL. Some extend this only to rifles and shotguns, others allow all types of guns to be sold or traded intrastate.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

In FL. , No problem FTF. But I would make sure they had a CWPL & get #'s ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

I just sold my gun locally without any problem. It's one simple piece of paper, or an even smaller one if they have their CPL. Local is much easier than sending it through an FFL.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    That would be Federal Law. When you sell a gun to a person out of state, it must be transfered to an FFL.

Depending on what State you live in, guns may sold, loaned, traded or gifted to another person who can legally posses a firearm to another person within your state. Several states allow intrastate transfer without an FFL. Some extend this only to rifles and shotguns, others allow all types of guns to be sold or traded intrastate.
    Post #4 refers to face to face sales. Nothing was said about transfer across state lines. It was post #4 that led to comment I quoted.
    For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

VIP Member
    Post #4 refers to face to face sales. Nothing was said about transfer across state lines. It was post #4 that led to comment I quoted.
    You asked what states.
    I replied to you that several states do not allow intrastate transfer of guns. Other states have provision that limit what type of gun can be transfered intrastate without an FFL. If you never leave your state boarders you may buy and sell guns in YOUR state. If you buy a gun from out of state you will need to go through an FFL. I'm not going to go through all 57 states and protectorates but you can obtain this information for yourself. ATF Publication 5300.5.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Nearly all the northeastern/New England states these days.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I love selling on Guinbroker. or Auction Arms. The customers pays you 1st, you ship to a FFL of his choice. Then it's up to the Dealer to say if he is legal to get it or not, not me. I just shipped it to a legal dealer.
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    Just sell them FTF.
    Can you provide your source material? Most of my guns have been purchased FTF. Either individually or at gun shows. To the best of my knowledge the only restriction is that we endeavor to not sell guns to known felons.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Links