Is there any way of getting absolution from the gun gods?

This is a discussion on Is there any way of getting absolution from the gun gods? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Good evening, Father Gunsmith.. this is my first confession.... I have made many many divots on both hemispheres of my own posterior section with my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Is there any way of getting absolution from the gun gods?

  1. #1
    Member Array The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The patron state of shootin' stuff
    Posts
    140

    Is there any way of getting absolution from the gun gods?

    Good evening, Father Gunsmith.. this is my first confession....

    I have made many many divots on both hemispheres of my own posterior section with my own foot, along with a few well-placed strikes on the Prime Meridian thereof.

    I do this because over the last few decades I've owned a great many interesting firearms...learned as much as possible about them....and then went and sold them or traded away for newer guns. Now, I *never* lost money AT THAT TIME.... but I highly regret not keeping them!

    Also, I freely confess that I sporterized a couple military rifles. They were NOT, say, all-matching K98's or Enfields or 1903's.... but that only lessens the consequences of those particular sins. It doesn't expunge them.

    I had a Colt Delta Elite H-Bar with case. Sold it!

    I had the Auto-Ordnance Thompson with 50rd drum and a real guitar case for it. SOLD IT!

    I had two fixed-stock and one underfolder AK. Traded 'em off.....within a couple months the Import Ban went into affect. (I loved those Chinese AKs!

    I had a WW2 1911, Colt, that had bloodstains. Traded it!

    I had an opportunity to buy a Class III M2 Carbine for $800. Missed it!

    In other news, I had an opportunity to buy an M3 Halftrack, everything was there, and operated flawlessly, but it just needed painting. Even had a spare track set. I killed too much time and that deal got away, and this was just a couple months before the Blizzard of '93!

    Is there any way I can get this stuff forgiven or mind-melded out or something????

    Maybe a Men-In-Black flashy-thing application???


    AAAAAARARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Friends Don't Let Friends Buy Century!

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    44,504
    Quit complaining, suck it up...now get to the gun shop and start all over.
    We've all make gun sale mistakes.
    We all miss some of the 'dearly departed' guns...

    Remember, there's so little time, and so many guns.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  4. #3
    VIP Member
    Array msgt/ret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,136
    Ah yes all of us have made similar mistakes at one time or another, took original sights off a 1903 Springfield and replaced them with target sights, big difference in price compared to an original unaltered 1903.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

  5. #4
    VIP Member Array Hiram25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wyoming, DE
    Posts
    10,963
    You might try Hypnosis?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

  6. #5
    Senior Member Array RebelRabbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Smithfield NC
    Posts
    574
    I don't take Confessions, come back at Yom Kippur!
    Yom Kippur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  7. #6
    VIP Member Array SIGguy229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kommie-fornia-stan
    Posts
    7,045
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    I had a Colt Delta Elite H-Bar with case. Sold it!

    I had the Auto-Ordnance Thompson with 50rd drum and a real guitar case for it. SOLD IT!

    I had a WW2 1911, Colt, that had bloodstains. Traded it!

    I had an opportunity to buy a Class III M2 Carbine for $800. Missed it!
    Hmmm....somethings can be forgiven......just not forgotten.

    Your list above? Not on the list of things to forgive!
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

    martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

  8. #7
    VIP Member Array searcher 45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    4,151
    Your gun sale mistake was someone elses great find so be happy for them!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

  9. #8
    Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    303
    Ah yes my son. In order to obtain absolution for your many sins, you must reload 10,000 rounds of 7.62x39, sell 2000 8.5x11 human targets in the public square, and fire 1000 rounds downrange using only a Barrett .50 BMG single shot rifle. Then and only then will you acheive the peace for which you search. Amen.

  10. #9
    Moderator
    Array Bark'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by HollowpointHank View Post
    Ah yes my son. In order to obtain absolution for your many sins, you must reload 10,000 rounds of 7.62x39, sell 2000 8.5x11 human targets in the public square, and fire 1000 rounds downrange using only a Barrett .50 BMG single shot rifle. Then and only then will you acheive the peace for which you search. Amen.

    Now go and sin no more!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi


    "The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

  11. #10
    Senior Member Array Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    I had a WW2 1911, Colt, that had bloodstains. Traded it!

    I don't want to kick a person while they're down, but that one is painful for me. I'm sure you've paid your pennance in the guilt you've felt for letting that one go. I've got to ask: What did you trade it for?
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

    SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

  12. #11
    Member Array The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The patron state of shootin' stuff
    Posts
    140
    I paid 600 for it.... and traded it for a .44 Mag Desert Eagle and a Colt SP-1.
    Friends Don't Let Friends Buy Century!

  13. #12
    Senior Member Array Rob P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In the sticks
    Posts
    631
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    I paid 600 for it.... and traded it for a .44 Mag Desert Eagle and a Colt SP-1.
    I'm sorry, but for this reason alone you're doomed.

  14. #13
    Member Array The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The patron state of shootin' stuff
    Posts
    140
    For that reason alone I have a large, self-inflicted bruise on my right buttock.
    The size of said bruise varies over time, sometimes shrinking almost to nothingness.... and then something will remind me and I'll give it a booster shot or three.

    I was 22 and ignorant of the ways of the Force, but By Browning I've been cultured since :)

    I did love that SP1 though, but it had a problem I couldn't fix then and unfortunately it had to go too.


    I *did* do two things correctly though.

    1. I special-ordered a Polytech Legend AK - Serial number P47-000xx.... I KEPT that baby.

    2. I married an awesome woman. Mrs Cat saw how I was pining over certain gone firearms. Our second Christmas together, she bought me a PRISTINE Enfield #4 Mk1, hugged me, and said "Dave, we're gonna rebuild your collection."

    Now, I'd never be able to find that WW2 1911, but I do have a fine 1911 that more than fills that 1911-shaped hole in my heart....

    I have an AR-15 that is everything I ever wanted in an AR and MORE - because I had had 15 years of figuring out exactly how I wanted it, and so I built it like I wanted....

    She found me an Underfolder AK that I like way more than the Chinese ones I had, because it's much closer to AKM specs and that's what I wanted all along...instead of the chinese Hybrids that were available.

    She bought me a peachy K98 - all numbers match, bluing's fine and it has a pretty laminated stock.

    I used to have one of those Korean refurb/reimport Garands... it worked okay but the metal was pitted and nasty and that's how they spray-painted it. SOOO - last year she finds me a GREAT 1942 Springfield. Refurbed in '65 with new ('64) barrel and rear sight, parkerizing's fine, and looks like it was put into storage before it arrived at its FINAL home :)

    I used to smoke. I also used to have a Luger. It got sold too. My wife, who cares about how long I live, got me to quit smoking. My last cig was smoked on the bow of USS North Carolina - BB55.... and after one year, she bought me another Luger (Black Widow LOL) on the condition of if I ever smoked again, that Luger was going to be a suppository.

    For the last couple weeks I had been gazing at a 1937 Mosin refurb. She took time off work to get it for me and surprise me with it!!!

    She's also financed a number of carbine and defensive handgun classes, is encouraging me to do what I need to to be a bona-fide instructor!

    That woman is a PEACH!
    Friends Don't Let Friends Buy Century!

  15. #14
    Member Array Shackleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lynchburg, Virginia
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    For that reason alone I have a large, self-inflicted bruise on my right buttock.
    The size of said bruise varies over time, sometimes shrinking almost to nothingness.... and then something will remind me and I'll give it a booster shot or three.

    I was 22 and ignorant of the ways of the Force, but By Browning I've been cultured since :)

    I did love that SP1 though, but it had a problem I couldn't fix then and unfortunately it had to go too.


    I *did* do two things correctly though.

    1. I special-ordered a Polytech Legend AK - Serial number P47-000xx.... I KEPT that baby.

    2. I married an awesome woman. Mrs Cat saw how I was pining over certain gone firearms. Our second Christmas together, she bought me a PRISTINE Enfield #4 Mk1, hugged me, and said "Dave, we're gonna rebuild your collection."

    Now, I'd never be able to find that WW2 1911, but I do have a fine 1911 that more than fills that 1911-shaped hole in my heart....

    I have an AR-15 that is everything I ever wanted in an AR and MORE - because I had had 15 years of figuring out exactly how I wanted it, and so I built it like I wanted....

    She found me an Underfolder AK that I like way more than the Chinese ones I had, because it's much closer to AKM specs and that's what I wanted all along...instead of the chinese Hybrids that were available.

    She bought me a peachy K98 - all numbers match, bluing's fine and it has a pretty laminated stock.

    I used to have one of those Korean refurb/reimport Garands... it worked okay but the metal was pitted and nasty and that's how they spray-painted it. SOOO - last year she finds me a GREAT 1942 Springfield. Refurbed in '65 with new ('64) barrel and rear sight, parkerizing's fine, and looks like it was put into storage before it arrived at its FINAL home :)

    I used to smoke. I also used to have a Luger. It got sold too. My wife, who cares about how long I live, got me to quit smoking. My last cig was smoked on the bow of USS North Carolina - BB55.... and after one year, she bought me another Luger (Black Widow LOL) on the condition of if I ever smoked again, that Luger was going to be a suppository.

    For the last couple weeks I had been gazing at a 1937 Mosin refurb. She took time off work to get it for me and surprise me with it!!!

    She's also financed a number of carbine and defensive handgun classes, is encouraging me to do what I need to to be a bona-fide instructor!

    That woman is a PEACH!
    The second one sounds like a good one to hang on to
    Semper Paratus

    ‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

  16. #15
    Senior Member Array jem102's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    East TN
    Posts
    1,018
    NO!!! Now suffer quietly with the rest of us that the years have made wiser...but no less regretted.
    Who is John Galt?

    Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. The Gun Gods are poking me on the shoulder...
    By jwhite75 in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: June 30th, 2010, 12:24 PM
  2. Greetings from Gods Country, North East OKlahoma
    By acandkay in forum New Members Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: September 12th, 2006, 06:44 AM
  3. Gods artistry
    By Bruces45 in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: September 15th, 2005, 02:09 AM

Search tags for this page

absolution home newark de

,

defensive carry.com/search/forums delta hbar

,

german luger serial number lookup

Click on a term to search for related topics.