Is there any way of getting absolution from the gun gods?

This is a discussion on Is there any way of getting absolution from the gun gods? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Good evening, Father Gunsmith.. this is my first confession.... I have made many many divots on both hemispheres of my own posterior section with my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there any way of getting absolution from the gun gods?

Is there any way of getting absolution from the gun gods?

Good evening, Father Gunsmith.. this is my first confession....

I have made many many divots on both hemispheres of my own posterior section with my own foot, along with a few well-placed strikes on the Prime Meridian thereof.

I do this because over the last few decades I've owned a great many interesting firearms...learned as much as possible about them....and then went and sold them or traded away for newer guns. Now, I *never* lost money AT THAT TIME.... but I highly regret not keeping them!

Also, I freely confess that I sporterized a couple military rifles. They were NOT, say, all-matching K98's or Enfields or 1903's.... but that only lessens the consequences of those particular sins. It doesn't expunge them.

I had a Colt Delta Elite H-Bar with case. Sold it!

I had the Auto-Ordnance Thompson with 50rd drum and a real guitar case for it. SOLD IT!

I had two fixed-stock and one underfolder AK. Traded 'em off.....within a couple months the Import Ban went into affect. (I loved those Chinese AKs!

I had a WW2 1911, Colt, that had bloodstains. Traded it!

I had an opportunity to buy a Class III M2 Carbine for $800. Missed it!

In other news, I had an opportunity to buy an M3 Halftrack, everything was there, and operated flawlessly, but it just needed painting. Even had a spare track set. I killed too much time and that deal got away, and this was just a couple months before the Blizzard of '93!

Is there any way I can get this stuff forgiven or mind-melded out or something????

Maybe a Men-In-Black flashy-thing application???

AAAAAARARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Friends Don't Let Friends Buy Century!

2. Remove Ads

Quit complaining, suck it up...now get to the gun shop and start all over.
    We've all make gun sale mistakes.
    We all miss some of the 'dearly departed' guns...

Remember, there's so little time, and so many guns.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Ah yes all of us have made similar mistakes at one time or another, took original sights off a 1903 Springfield and replaced them with target sights, big difference in price compared to an original unaltered 1903.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

You might try Hypnosis?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I don't take Confessions, come back at Yom Kippur!
    Yom Kippur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    I had a Colt Delta Elite H-Bar with case. Sold it!

I had the Auto-Ordnance Thompson with 50rd drum and a real guitar case for it. SOLD IT!

I had an opportunity to buy a Class III M2 Carbine for $800. Missed it!
    Hmmm....somethings can be forgiven......just not forgotten.

Your list above? Not on the list of things to forgive!
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Your gun sale mistake was someone elses great find so be happy for them!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    Ah yes my son. In order to obtain absolution for your many sins, you must reload 10,000 rounds of 7.62x39, sell 2000 8.5x11 human targets in the public square, and fire 1000 rounds downrange using only a Barrett .50 BMG single shot rifle. Then and only then will you acheive the peace for which you search. Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowpointHank View Post
    Ah yes my son. In order to obtain absolution for your many sins, you must reload 10,000 rounds of 7.62x39, sell 2000 8.5x11 human targets in the public square, and fire 1000 rounds downrange using only a Barrett .50 BMG single shot rifle. Then and only then will you acheive the peace for which you search. Amen.

Now go and sin no more!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I don't want to kick a person while they're down, but that one is painful for me. I'm sure you've paid your pennance in the guilt you've felt for letting that one go. I've got to ask: What did you trade it for?
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

I paid 600 for it.... and traded it for a .44 Mag Desert Eagle and a Colt SP-1.

I paid 600 for it.... and traded it for a .44 Mag Desert Eagle and a Colt SP-1.
    I'm sorry, but for this reason alone you're doomed.

For that reason alone I have a large, self-inflicted bruise on my right buttock.
    The size of said bruise varies over time, sometimes shrinking almost to nothingness.... and then something will remind me and I'll give it a booster shot or three.

I was 22 and ignorant of the ways of the Force, but By Browning I've been cultured since :)

I did love that SP1 though, but it had a problem I couldn't fix then and unfortunately it had to go too.

I *did* do two things correctly though.

1. I special-ordered a Polytech Legend AK - Serial number P47-000xx.... I KEPT that baby.

2. I married an awesome woman. Mrs Cat saw how I was pining over certain gone firearms. Our second Christmas together, she bought me a PRISTINE Enfield #4 Mk1, hugged me, and said "Dave, we're gonna rebuild your collection."

Now, I'd never be able to find that WW2 1911, but I do have a fine 1911 that more than fills that 1911-shaped hole in my heart....

I have an AR-15 that is everything I ever wanted in an AR and MORE - because I had had 15 years of figuring out exactly how I wanted it, and so I built it like I wanted....

She found me an Underfolder AK that I like way more than the Chinese ones I had, because it's much closer to AKM specs and that's what I wanted all along...instead of the chinese Hybrids that were available.

She bought me a peachy K98 - all numbers match, bluing's fine and it has a pretty laminated stock.

I used to have one of those Korean refurb/reimport Garands... it worked okay but the metal was pitted and nasty and that's how they spray-painted it. SOOO - last year she finds me a GREAT 1942 Springfield. Refurbed in '65 with new ('64) barrel and rear sight, parkerizing's fine, and looks like it was put into storage before it arrived at its FINAL home :)

I used to smoke. I also used to have a Luger. It got sold too. My wife, who cares about how long I live, got me to quit smoking. My last cig was smoked on the bow of USS North Carolina - BB55.... and after one year, she bought me another Luger (Black Widow LOL) on the condition of if I ever smoked again, that Luger was going to be a suppository.

For the last couple weeks I had been gazing at a 1937 Mosin refurb. She took time off work to get it for me and surprise me with it!!!

She's also financed a number of carbine and defensive handgun classes, is encouraging me to do what I need to to be a bona-fide instructor!

That woman is a PEACH!

For that reason alone I have a large, self-inflicted bruise on my right buttock.
    The size of said bruise varies over time, sometimes shrinking almost to nothingness.... and then something will remind me and I'll give it a booster shot or three.

I was 22 and ignorant of the ways of the Force, but By Browning I've been cultured since :)

I did love that SP1 though, but it had a problem I couldn't fix then and unfortunately it had to go too.

I *did* do two things correctly though.

1. I special-ordered a Polytech Legend AK - Serial number P47-000xx.... I KEPT that baby.

2. I married an awesome woman. Mrs Cat saw how I was pining over certain gone firearms. Our second Christmas together, she bought me a PRISTINE Enfield #4 Mk1, hugged me, and said "Dave, we're gonna rebuild your collection."

Now, I'd never be able to find that WW2 1911, but I do have a fine 1911 that more than fills that 1911-shaped hole in my heart....

I have an AR-15 that is everything I ever wanted in an AR and MORE - because I had had 15 years of figuring out exactly how I wanted it, and so I built it like I wanted....

She found me an Underfolder AK that I like way more than the Chinese ones I had, because it's much closer to AKM specs and that's what I wanted all along...instead of the chinese Hybrids that were available.

She bought me a peachy K98 - all numbers match, bluing's fine and it has a pretty laminated stock.

I used to have one of those Korean refurb/reimport Garands... it worked okay but the metal was pitted and nasty and that's how they spray-painted it. SOOO - last year she finds me a GREAT 1942 Springfield. Refurbed in '65 with new ('64) barrel and rear sight, parkerizing's fine, and looks like it was put into storage before it arrived at its FINAL home :)

I used to smoke. I also used to have a Luger. It got sold too. My wife, who cares about how long I live, got me to quit smoking. My last cig was smoked on the bow of USS North Carolina - BB55.... and after one year, she bought me another Luger (Black Widow LOL) on the condition of if I ever smoked again, that Luger was going to be a suppository.

For the last couple weeks I had been gazing at a 1937 Mosin refurb. She took time off work to get it for me and surprise me with it!!!

She's also financed a number of carbine and defensive handgun classes, is encouraging me to do what I need to to be a bona-fide instructor!

That woman is a PEACH!
    The second one sounds like a good one to hang on to
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

NO!!! Now suffer quietly with the rest of us that the years have made wiser...but no less regretted.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links