Kids and Airsoft guns

Kids and Airsoft guns

This is a discussion on Kids and Airsoft guns within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know there are a few threads on here about gun safety and children, but my friend just told me this story and I wanted ...

Thread: Kids and Airsoft guns

Kids and Airsoft guns

I know there are a few threads on here about gun safety and children, but my friend just told me this story and I wanted to share it with you guys.
    My friend was at home with his daughter (I think she's 3 or 4), and they were playing with his airsoft gun. He wanted to see how bad it would hurt with it up close so he had her put it to his head and fire.
    Now I realize its just an airsoft gun but especially at her age he should be using that as a tool to teach her gun safety and that is obviously about as far from safety as it gets. He just said "well I don't have any real guns so what's the big deal?"
    I'm going to leave it at that because I could on and on with why that was stupid, maybe its just me I don't know, I will let you all be the judge of that.

Lead Moderator
    I hope for the general populations sake your "friend" NEVER gets a "real" gun!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

That is very stupid, you're right. Not only does it not set a good example for the kids but Airsoft guns can be dangerous too..especially at point blank range. They can easily break skin, I've seen bb's embedded in hands, foreheads, go through lips and break teeth, etc. Being shot in the head point blank, I imagine, could create some very unpleasant waves of nausea, possibly scarring, at the least...although there's such a range of power from 100-650 FPS that it really depends on the airsoft gun.
    "In a world of compromise, some don't." -HK

With all due respect....your friend is an idiot.

- Poor handling (safety)
    - Poor example for his child...because when she finds this airsoft gun, what does your idiot friend think his child is going to do?
    - Hopefully his wife is independently wealthy, because he's working to flush his way out of the gene pool, and she doesn't have to rely on him.

- Not to mention, a shot to the temple, where the bone is thinnest, will kill him. Ask him to prove this isn't true.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

There was a day (2000-2004) when airsoft guns were very hard to find and very much part of a niche hobby. Unfortunately, these things are becoming more and more mainstream. I played from 2000-2008 and bailed on it when the 10-12 kids started coming around and buying these things; I guess I should include adult idiots too.

Sponsored Links