Which CZ to get? - Page 2

Which CZ to get?

This is a discussion on Which CZ to get? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; P-01...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which CZ to get?

JT
    P-01
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    Which CZ 75 compact variant should,I get the P-01 or the PCR?
    Had the P-01 for several years and loved it. Of all pistols on the planet, the Browning Hi-Power, the CZ P-01 and the Kahr K9 are the three that fit my hand best. Though a bit large for me, the ergonomics and controls are nearly perfect IMO. It's accurate and reliable. Particularly if you get a gunsmith to go over it after a couple thousand rounds (to smooth any rough spots), it should be an excellent gun to have. Many IPSC/IDPA folks rely on the CZ 75 series for competition and have one of the compact CZ's (P-01, PCR, 2075 RAMI) for carry.

I would highly recommend the P-01 (if you want to carry anything on the rail) or PCR (if otherwise).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I have the RAMI and my bro-in-law has the P-01 which I have shot. Both are great. The RAMI is a tad wider but the RAMI barrel is nearly an inch shorter (3 vs 3.9" on P-01) so for concealability it depends which is your greater concern. I think the RAMI also has the shorter grip length but don't have the numbers handy. The P-01 and PCR have Crimson Trace available (model LG-476), the RAMI has no laser options (if that matters to you).
    pro-CZ's, pro-AR's, anti-CZAR's

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    Other than the accessory rail on the P-01 and different sights on each gun, I don't see too much difference in the two weapons. You really can't go wrong with either. Just depends on how important attaching a tactical light or light/laser on your pistol is to you.

Oh, wait. The PCR is 20 bucks cheaper. In this Obama economy, you have to watch every penny. Get the PCR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links