Bersa 1911, Who Knew?

This is a discussion on Bersa 1911, Who Knew? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had no idea, I havent done any research and the link below is the first link I came across for this will looking for ...

Thread: Bersa 1911, Who Knew?

Bersa 1911, Who Knew?

I had no idea, I havent done any research and the link below is the first link I came across for this will looking for something else. Just thought it was interesting.
    Anyone have an opinion or heard anything about Bersa and thier 1911s?
    Bersa Hand Guns (Pistols) bersa 1911 american classic pistol,-MidwestHuntersOutlet.com
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
    "Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218

2. Remove Ads

check out gun test magazine
    "Just because your paranoid doesn't mean their not out to get you !!!" Henry Kissenger as a wise man said to me strive to own one of every type and caliber

VIP Member
    Interesting but I wonder what a single/double action is.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by jweiss View Post
    check out gun test magazine
    thats a nice resource to have, thanks man
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
    "Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218

Looks to be a good entry level 1911.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Administrator
    Here are the reviews as posted on Buds.
    They are 2 good & 1 bad.
    Actually the one statement concerning the frame feed ramp. That is true that the 1911 uses very little of the frame feed ramp during the feed cycle.
    The feed ramp act more like a cam rather than a sliding board that the bullet nose needs to slide up on into the barrel.
    Some hollow point designs will use a bit more of the ramp but, mostly the frame ramp appearance is cosmetic.

Reviewed By: les h on 06/05/2010 Rating: [1 of 5 Stars!]
    I have spent the better part of 6 months reading reviews and talking with different people about 1911's in the lower price bracket. Those made in the Philippians always seem to rise to the top in the discussions. This pistol is actually made by Metro Firearms for Bersa and now American Classic.
    I placed mine on layaway with Bud's Gun Shop in February and finished paying it off in March. Bud's shipped the pistol in a very timely fashion to my FFl. When I went to pick it up the FFL dealer asked what I had paid for the pistol because he didn't believe what the enclosed receipt said. He was very impressed with the "tightness" of the pistol. I was elated until I got home and started to field strip it to clean out the packing grease. After I moved the barrel busing over to release the cap and spring I noticed that the back of the bushing has scratched to end of the slide up. Then after I pushed out the slide stop I noticed that the back of the slide stop also had scratched up the slide. After disassembling the pistol the rest of the way I looked at the feed ramp on the frame and noticed that it was nowhere near smooth. It was full of ripples like an overused dirt road. I had the pistol for only 90 minutes and it was all scratched up and the feeding ramp looked like you know what.
    I called the warranty center in Colorado and the gentleman told me that the scratches were perfectly normal and that the waves in the feed ramp were also of no concern as the bullets never touch the frame portion of the feed ramps. That if I choose to send it to them to be looked at that it probably would not be covered by warranty (cosmetics are NOT covered) and I would be out shipping charges both ways. This is no way to start off a love affair with a new pistol. I was ticked off to say the least. I have waited this long to leave a review so I could cool off some.
    I may just dump off this P.O.S. before anything else goes wrong with it. Too bad there isn't a "lemon" law with firearms! Save your money and get something better. The money you save by buying this pistol will spent fixing the problems that they come with.

Reviewed By: Stephen H on 04/15/2010 Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]
    Coming from a Marine Corps vet, I'm very impressed with the accuracy, price and value of this 1911. I put 200 rounds through this today without any problems whatsoever.

You absolutely cannot beat Bud's price for a 1911 equipped this well. Easily comparable to models priced in the $800+ range. Buy one and enjoy. Semper Fi

Reviewed By: Jeffrey M on 04/14/2010 Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]
    You won't find a better, more reliable 1911 for this price. Slide is very tight and trigger is pretty sweet. 200 rounds right out of the box and 100% reliable.
    Highly recommend if a Wilson's Combat is just not in your budget.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Locked out on a balcony of the Dark Tower...
    Hows Remingtons new 1911 fairing?
    Attached Images
    All Day I Dream About Sigs

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Interesting but I wonder what a single/double action is.
    A single/double actions is a firearm that when initially charged puts the trigger into a single action pull then each succeeding shot the trigger goes into a double action pull. kind of a pain IMO.
    KAHR CW45, RIA 1911 Officer, S&W Sigma 9MM, Savage 1907 .32cal(BUG)

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    The Bersa thunder .380 always seems to be a crowd pleaser

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    I have what appears to be the same gun. The wife got it for me at Christmas. MINE isn't marked/branded as a Bersa though. Mine is branded "metro Arms". The gun is identical to the gun pictured in the link above though, and has American classic on the slide.
    Mine is NOT Sa/DA though. Just a standard SA.

If this IS the same gun, I can fully recommend it. 100% reliable, and more accurate than me. Good quality and fit and finish too.

GunBlast! also gave it a favorable review.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Links