What was your first??? And When??? - Page 2

What was your first??? And When???

This is a discussion on What was your first??? And When??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I got a Ruger Mark II .22 stainless with a bull barrel for my 21st bday. I was 34 when I bought my next pistol....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What was your first??? And When???

I got a Ruger Mark II .22 stainless with a bull barrel for my 21st bday. I was 34 when I bought my next pistol.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

First

My first handgun was a Berretta 92f 9mm handgun which I used when I started working armed security in San Francisco, CA. I bought this pistol in 1993. I still have this handgun and will never part from it as it holds memory of my first handgun.

Mine was a Ruger Single Six in 22 LR. Killed a lot of squirrels with that gun. Wish I still had it.
    Best Regards from Minnesota,

Rick

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    CZ40P. It was 3-4 years ago, when I first joined the DC board, I found it on here, PM'D the guy, who happened to be at his computer and called me right away. Within 20 minutes I was heading to an ATM, then drove about 1 1/2 to meet him in a parking lot and check it out. I got it secondhand from F2F because I was under 21, was legal to own/buy, just not from a licensed FFL dealer, and I fell in love with it when I checked it out, and it just so happens I had enough cash in my bank account when I came accross the ad. I regret selling it.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Smith & Wesson Model 10 Heavy Barrel, purchased used, for $75 in December of 1975, as a Christmas present to myself. Was originally shipped from Smith & Wesson in June of 1971. It still sees heavy shooting use.

I like Bubbiesdad's early Chief's.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

kpw
    1985 I was 18 and bought a 7 1/2" stainless Redhawk. I blame it on a couple of Bob Milek articles.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Distinguished Member
    Handgun: Belgian made Browning Hi-Power. About 89

Long gun: Weatherby 30-6. About 78

My first purchase was last year. Taurus Judge. I wanted a wheel gun as I knew it would always go bang. I bought into the novelty of the Judge. I am still happy with it and it is my nightstand gun.
    Please take my posts with a grain of salt. I am frequently sleep deprived and always just on this side of "Krazy".

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. Edmund Burke

Colt 1911 Combat Elite (Mark IV, Series 80):

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." — Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    I guess it depends on whether we are talking about guns I bought, or guns my grandpa gave me. I have a little .22lr that he gave me for my fifth birthday; it's a mess right now, but I will get it fixed up some day.

First gun I personally ever bought was a Remington 870 HD in about 2004.

First pistol was a Springfield XD40c bought in 2006.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

My first firearm purchase was a Taurus 617 revolver. It was a straight up carry gun and served it's purpose well. I got the stainless variety and liked the fact that it held 7 rounds of .357 mag. I ended up shooting .38's out it more often than not and sold it to pick up a Mil Spec Springfield 1911.
    Conservative, Gun-Toting, Backwoods, College Educated, Hetrosexual, Male
    Any Questions?

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Kimber Ultra Compact, but a divorce forced me to sell it.

It looked similar to this.

"I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

VIP Member
    Mine was a blued Colt Python with a six-inch barrel, in 1980. It's in the safe right now.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

1976 - Colt Woodsman Target 3rd series - $185

Cool

A .32 German Mauser semi auto and a Colt .45 Model 1917 revolver given to me by my father when I turned 18 in 1964. Traded the Mauser and some cash for a .45 Government Model in the late 60's and the .45 Model 1917 and some cash for a S&W model 19 in the early 70's.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links