Going to Seattle & Redmond area

This is a discussion on Going to Seattle & Redmond area within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Going to Seattle and the Redmond area on July 1 (Our Birthday) to visit friends, any decent gun shops in the Redmond area?...

Thread: Going to Seattle & Redmond area

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar

Going to Seattle & Redmond area

Going to Seattle and the Redmond area on July 1 (Our Birthday) to visit friends, any decent gun shops in the Redmond area?

2. Remove Ads

Yes there is, for $100 off of Bellevue and Kirkland gun shop prices, go on highway 202 to Fall City, about 20 miles to Fall City Fire Arms, great place with a great guy named Lee.
    If thats a bit of a drive, make it a double take, and go 5 miles up the road as well to Snoqualmie Falls, well worth the drive.

Bellevue

Wades Eastside Guns and Indoor Range.

http://www.wadesguns.com/

A little pricey, but great facilities and selection.

-Paul
    Hero's aren't born, they're cornered - According to Jim

RMF
    If you are looking for older and really interesting stuff check out DJ's Loan in Bothell (about 10mins North from Redmond up the I-405).

Estate Arms in Bellevue also has interesting stuff (one street up from Wades on 20th in Bellevue).

Well got down there for a couple of days, mainly did nothing but eat, drink and catch up with old friends. However he did drive me to Survival Arms (SurvivalArms.com)

I found the staff friendly and reasonably knowledge. I could not buy a gun or ammo, due to the US export laws, I almost cried, a P220 for $500 and Glock G26 for slightly less, aaaaaaaaarrrgh. Both guns would cost me over a $1,000 up here.

I think they were amused to see a Canadian in their store and I noticed that the staff spotted my knife tucked into my waistband (the extent that I can arm myself) , they did relax when I checked that the gun they handed me was not loaded.

I looked at holsters and tried on the Blackhawk Sherpa and the Galco. He handed me the P220 to try out the holster with and then turned his back on me, thatís when I realized he must be armed and spotted his gun under his shirt. I suspect that I would not have made it to the door without paying!!

I originally had my heart set on a Galco, but after trying both, settled on the Blackhawk. As I use mine for competition only it seem to be the better choice.

My friend did not realize the staff were carrying and was surprised when I told him later. I think I have convinced him to try out some guns at a local range. Hopefully he takes this up, as it is to much of a waste not to play with guns when you live in the most gun friendly country in the world!

I tried spotting other people carrying, I was able to eliminate most people, but there were a couple that I just wasnít sure.

Hopefully next time I can do some shooting when I go south. I was planning on getting my Utah CCW next year, although I donít think non-residents or aliens can carry in Washington?

Actually, we do have a non-resident carry permit. I am not sure, however, if a non-resident alien can be granted a carry permit here in Washington.

Regards,

MillCreek
    Snohomish County, Washington USA

Yea, I think if I became a resident, I can apply for one even if I don't change my citizenship.

I'm in Orlando Florida now thinking about moving to Washington, Seattle area, how does it compare to Florida in terms of good gun stores/ranges/laws?

I have only visited FL, but I am guessing that they are similiar. I live out in the country, about 30 miles SE of Seattle, and work in the Bellevue/Redmond metro area.

I have 3 good gun stores, 3 outdoor ranges (pistol/rifle/trap/IPSC/IDPA), and an indoor range within 10 miles of home, plus another gun store and indoor range 3 miles from work.

WA gun laws are decent, not great. We have had shall issue CCW since 1960/61, no duty to retreat, a state law that preemptively prohibits local jurisdictions from passing additional gun laws, and perhaps unique in the U.S., reimbursement for legal costs, lost wages, et al if arrested, tried and found not guilty by reason of self defense. Makes the DA think twice before filing BS charges.

Our restricted list for CCW includes all the usual suspects: Jails, Courts, and mental institutions plus others like bars, schools, and most concerts.

HTH

-PB
    Last edited by PaulBk; July 6th, 2006 at 01:16 AM.
    Hero's aren't born, they're cornered - According to Jim

Links