Some folks really shouldn't have guns

This is a discussion on Some folks really shouldn't have guns within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Some folks really shouldn't have guns -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My neighbor is a (nominal) gun owner. IMO he seems to be the type of guy that carries ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some folks really shouldn't have guns

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My neighbor is a (nominal) gun owner. IMO he seems to be the type of guy that carries a gun because it makes him ďbadĒ and he seems to be pretty clueless (this is the same clown that threw down on me W/ an unchambered 1911 last week). Heís also the type (again IMO) that when he does carry a gun would want to make damn sure everyone knew he was carrying a gun

He got his CHP so he could carry a gun in his car but didnít bother to read the relevant statute which specifically states that car carry doesnít require a permit and he almost busted a gut to let me know he had his permit.

Anyway his latest stupid gun owner trick came yesterday. I walked out of my house and saw him parked across the street at the Farm Crest he got out of his vehicle took his .45 out of his waist band (no holster), threw it on the seat and walked into the store.

I was a hundred yards away and I knew what he was doing. Iím sure any one on that side of the lot knew what he was doing. Talk about a crime of opportunity just looking for a place to happen.

So hereís my question (and Iíve asked it before); Am I a horrible hypocrite for thinking this guy shouldnít have unsupervised access to an airsoft gun let alone an actual firearm?

I see no point in trying to educate this guy he is what he is and itís not going to change. I think any one but me would have killed him last week when he tried to bring an unloaded gun to a gun fight and I will bet my ass heís still carrying that gun unchambered. Actually this may be a good thing because that way the only person that stands a chance of getting killed because of that gun is him

If he is that stupid he will possibly be an example of Darwinism in action. The question then would be what happens to his weapon? Does it end up in the hands of a gang banger (bad) or in an evidence locker waiting to be melted down (not as bad)? Perhaps everyone will be fortunate and he will do something stupid to his significant other (if he has one) and will get a protective order filed on him so the local authorities will seize his weapons and save him from himself.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Nobody said freedom was safe, just free. If you want to make your own decision, and live in a free country, you have to let other do it too. What you can do is make better choices about associating with him. Lot's of anti gun folks would love to use that example to demonize guns. Now we can agree he's being stupid, but until stupid is illegal he's free to be an idiot. Rights cut two ways.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Nobody said freedom was safe, just free. If you want to make your own decision, and live in a free country, you have to let other do it too. What you can do is make better choices about associating with him. Lot's of anti gun folks would love to use that example to demonize guns. Now we can agree he's being stupid, but until stupid is illegal he's free to be an idiot. Rights cut two ways.
    I never said I wan't him to lose his RKBA ( that will happen eventually anyway I'm sure ) I was commenting on his stupidity

Unfortunately you can't fix stupid either. His stupidity will reflect negatively on the rest of the law abiding conceal carrying populous.

Maybe when he drew down on you with his empty gun, you should have 1. Either put a bullet in him.. or 2. Reported him to your local law enforcement and let them yank his permit and his gun.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Like many things where the initial cost is zero, there's a lot of it around.

Got a link to the thread where he drew on ya?

Nevermind,,, I found it.

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Unfortunately you can't fix stupid either. His stupidity will reflect negatively on the rest of the law abiding conceal carrying populous.

Maybe when he drew down on you with his empty gun, you should have 1. Either put a bullet in him.. or 2. Reported him to your local law enforcement and let them yank his permit and his gun.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...down-44-a.html

See this thread for further amplification on my neighbor drawing down on me. I don't think he was completely in the wrong there, just a little premature

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I don't think he was completely in the wrong there, just a little premature
    I did go back and find the thread....yes I would agree, very premature and pointing a gun (with an empty chamber) at someone is very stupid thing to do. You should given him a lesson on brandishing as others suggested. He could definitely stand to use a little educating before he hurts someone wrongfully, or gets himself killed.

You're right, he really shouldn't have a gun.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Sounds like he'll take care of losing his cc all by himself.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    This cannot go on. Someone is going to wind up hurt or dead with this guy around! Sounds like it might be time to relocate your self and any loved ones within 1000 feet of this clown.

And next time you see him toss a 1911 on the passenger seat of an unlocked car.... well, all I'm saying is , I didn't see anything.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

And next time you see him toss a 1911 on the passenger seat of an unlocked car.... well, all I'm saying is , I didn't see anything.
    I know this isn't THR but let's not suggest any illegalities

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    reporting him isnt an illegality...you see someone who is unsafe with a gun and recklessly disobeys the laws regarding them...you admit he shouldnt be allowed to carry one...judging by the stunts he has pulled in your presence you are correct..

if you witnessed this behaviour from someone you did not know what would your response and course of action be?...not taking that action is more hypocritical than your previous thoughts on hypocrisy...

Like you said, some folks really shouldnt have guns. That goes for a lot of things! Cars, animals, kids and so on. Its a shame, cause hes going to make all of us responsible gun owners/carriers look like morons. What a shame.
    [__☺]
    -OllllO-
    []o=[]
    Beretta PX4 Storm .45 / Springfield Armory XDM 9 / Springfield Armory 1911 Milspec / Smith Wesson 686 / Bushmaster XM-15 E2
    DPMS A-15 Oracle / Remington 870 Express Magnum / Remington 597 .22

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    reporting him isnt an illegality...you see someone who is unsafe with a gun and recklessly disobeys the laws regarding them...you admit he shouldnt be allowed to carry one...judging by the stunts he has pulled in your presence you are correct..

if you witnessed this behaviour from someone you did not know what would your response and course of action be?...not taking that action is more hypocritical than your previous thoughts on hypocrisy...
    I don't report. I'm an MYOB kinda guy and I always have been, besides he hasn't done anything illegal that I'm aware of who would I report him to and for what?
    As for the illegallities It appeared that some one was suggesting I steal the gun out of my neighbor's car

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links