Please Tell me about Gunshows

This is a discussion on Please Tell me about Gunshows within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I love gun shows! I'm sure they're run different in the PRK than in New Mexico. Here there are no requirements (other than age) to ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Please Tell me about Gunshows

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I love gun shows! I'm sure they're run different in the PRK than in New Mexico. Here there are no requirements (other than age) to purchase firearms. Most vendors will want an ID to prove residency.
    Most people are honest. I've never had any experience of anything being misrepresentated.
    Picked up a vintage 1969 Browning Hi Power at the last one. There are good deals, but the negotiating can be tough. You should go just for the experience.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

2. Remove Ads

If you can lay your hands of the October 2009 issue of American Rifleman there is a great story you might enjoy reading about gun shows.... "the truth about gun shows" starts on page 72...
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

A quick Google search and found "The Truth About Gun Shows". It was a good read and makes sense (although preaching to the choir).

Go for fun. Don't expect any bargains.
    I had expectations before my first show. I expected the crowd to be all rednecks in camo, lots of vendors, lots of good buys.
    Well, there were every type of person there, from businessmen to bikers to gang bangers. One seller dominated the show. He was so big they had a Segway to get around. (I hear he keeps other dealers out) Then a bunch of small vendors. The room was packed with shoppers. It's a great place to buy cases, and accessories.
    If you find a deal on a gun, good for you.
    You gotta go once.

One word of caution though Gun shows are addictive!!!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

I'll never go to another unless I'm looking for a specialty item. Way to much hype IMO. Years ago I sometimes could find a deal here or there, but the last few times I've been to one around GA. The prices were not any better than the Gun store up the street from my house, and I didn't have to pay a cover charge. Not to mention the rude folks that can't seem to share the walkway. I mean Dang! If I can smell the cat next to me, that's not how I plan to spend a grand on a new firearm. YMMV

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links