Best deal that you've picked up on a firearm

This is a discussion on Best deal that you've picked up on a firearm within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know we all have some amazing deals that we find from time to time. here is one I like to share when I get ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best deal that you've picked up on a firearm

Best deal that you've picked up on a firearm

I know we all have some amazing deals that we find from time to time. here is one I like to share when I get into firearms discussions with friends.

It was about 6 years ago. I had taken a day off to spend with my son. We ran to the local grocery store to pick up some things before figuring out what we were going to spend the day doing.
    On the way home, my son noticed a moving sale sign and asked if we could go...well why not.
    We stopped and the young man was just setting things out to sale. he asked if there was anything I was interested in...outdoors equipment, hunting and fishing. He pointed out a couple of items, nothing interesting though. He inquired if there was anything else as he was moving and needed the money for the trip. I mentioned firearms and he immediately ran off to the garage like an elf to Santas toy shop emerging with a Savage .32 ACP model 1907 in great shape. after a few moments of discussion (mostly how he and the wife didn't like guns) and how they picked it up in a inheritance, he asked what I would offer...I said $10 (not being serious) before I could counter with an actual offer, he countered $15...SOLD.

I still have it and carry it from time to time. great for teaching the kids!!!
    KAHR CW45, RIA 1911 Officer, S&W Sigma 9MM, Savage 1907 .32cal(BUG)

2. Remove Ads

The best deal for me was my most recent purchase of my Kahr PM45 with night sights that I picked up for $400 instead of the correct price of $795. Some employee accidentally marked the box with the price of the CW45. Their mistake, my victory

EDIT: On a side note the PM45 is currently back at Kahr for extractor issues. I guess Karma does exist
    Last edited by DIABLO9489; July 9th, 2010 at 06:03 AM. Reason: .
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Prior to the huge numbers of Saxony Police trade-ins arrival here a few years ago, a HK P7 would cost $800 and up... mostly UP! Not only were the guns expensive and rare, but magazines were all but unavailable and when one did surface, it may easily cost $75.

So when, several years ago, I saw one in a local store for $550 I jumped at it, but my jaw hit the floor when I learned the deal included four magazines! OH BABY! That would be a super price even after the Saxony dump. I consider that my "best deal ever".

That same local gun shop has been pretty good to me. I've also found there;
    VG condition HK USP9 for $400
    ANIB Sig P232 for $315
    VG Beretta 84 for $350

I still have all four of these guns and all four have been 100% performers.

PM9 with night sites with less than 50 rounds through it,...I picked it up for $549 plus tax.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

M&P 9fs ,650 rounds fmj, MTAC holster and an OWB holster- $500 or a Bersa 380 Duotone ,3 mags, 721 OT holster, 150 fmj and 200 jhp- $200

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    My best deals:
    When Shooters Paradise in Woodbridge VA burned down they sold some guns at very low prices.

I bought a Glock 35 for $187.50
    I bought a Glock 33 for $187.50

but my al time best gun deal ever was a Gen II G19, a Sig P225, and a Ruger SP101 chambered in 9mm (never knew they existed).
    $500 total.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

My old Colt. I snagged an old Colt MarkIV series 70 for around $250 if memory serves correctly. That would have been back around 1999-2000ish...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Smith model 13 with four inch and square butt. Retired cop with a drinking problem and the wife wanted it out of the house. $175 in 1990 dollars with two boxes of .357 hollowpoints and a holster. That was real money to me at that time and I hope both parties felt fairly treated. Do still carry it from time to time.

VIP Member
    The OPs deal was fantastic, while I have not been that lucky I have picked up a Colt Detective Special for $189, a S&W 19 with 2 ˝ barrel for $265 and a Colt Government Model 380 for $400.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Thompson Contender .44 mag Super 14 barrel $50. Guy gave me the lower for fixing up his German Luger. I bought a .44 mag barrel off a guy while in gunsmithing school for $50. I made the grips and now it's a complete gun. Shoots great!
    Conservative, Gun-Toting, Backwoods, College Educated, Hetrosexual, Male
    Any Questions?

Wow, some great deals out there!!! now I know why some people have gun safes full of guns and cant even remember what they have, LOL...keep em coming, there are some great deals here!
    KAHR CW45, RIA 1911 Officer, S&W Sigma 9MM, Savage 1907 .32cal(BUG)

I picked up a Colt Govt .380 for $10. I was working at a busy gunshop at a busy time of year and somebody asked one of our temp employees about putting it back together after disassembly. She asked me and I was busy with something in the shop. I couldn't remember how to put it back and told herit was either easy or very hard and I was too busy to look at it and he should leave it. Somewhere in the translation the customer must have heard I couldn't do it so leave it. He sold it on the spot for $10. I bought it for that plus the $5 background check. (and no it wasn't stolen). Buying for cost plus 10% was one of my perks there. That and being lazy got me lots of good deals. If a gun came in to the gunshop and I was too lazy or too busy to clean it to get it ready for sale I'd sometimes just buy it. I got my first AR for $400 and a Kahr MK40 for less than that. I got my first Uzi for about $500 worth of gunsmithing work.

A regular customer was a deputy and he came in and ordered a rear sight for an M1 carbine. Seems a little old lady flagged him down and gave him her recenty deceased husband's rifle. She had hated it being in the house and gave it to the first LEO she saw! It was missing the rear sight, i think it cost him $35.

An armorer from the local prison filled in at the gunshop sometimes. He was there when I was off one day when a dude came in complaining about his junk S&W revolver. He had tried to tighten the rear sight of a 6" 686 and broke it off in the frame. Dude was so mad at the poor quality of the gun (!) and complained until my friend offered him $75 for it (for parts). The dude sold it and actually laughed at my friend for buying it. EZ out, tap, new screw, and it was back perfect. I offered him $100....
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    In 1975 I bought a NIB S&W M-76 for $195.00. They curently sell used for $10,000.00-$12,000.00 if you can find one.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

A few years ago I picked up a Mossberg 20 ga 3 shot bolt action w/poly-choke in mint condition for $20. Not the best shotgun around nor high end gun but perfectly serviceable. Dial in open cylinder for rabbits in brush or full choke for bushy tails in trees. Modified good for clays. Works for me! Keep your eyes open! Good deals are scarcer but still there!

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    -$556 instead of $745 for my full-size H&K USP .40 back in 1994
    -$880 instead of over $1,000 for my Rock River Arms LAR-15 "Entry Tactical" semiautomatic rifle in 5.56mm/.223 caliver, which I bought in late August of last year

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links