S&w mp 15-22

S&w mp 15-22

This is a discussion on S&w mp 15-22 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was wondering how this AR style 22 performs. Does it cycle well any problems of that nature. I like the looks of it and ...

Thread: S&w mp 15-22

S&w mp 15-22

I was wondering how this AR style 22 performs. Does it cycle well any problems of that nature. I like the looks of it and the fact that I could do a lot more practicing for a lot less money on ammo. My local gun shop just got 2 of these in for a little over $500.00 and for what I have been able to find on the net that seems to be a good price. I'm just a little leary of it. Any info would be great.
    Thanks, Barry

There are reports (e.g., in a recent Gun tests magazine letter, following a review of the gun) of the 15-22 firing out of battery, and spraying hot gas and brass. I would inquire directly with S+W to see if this problem has been put to rest.

If that's been squared away, I think it's a fun gun that's an inexpensive trainer!

PM me if you need a specific reference with Gun tests mag.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Thanks for the quick responce Smitty. Thats the kind of thing I was worried about I will email S&W see what they say.

I put another 200 rounds through mine this morning shooting bowling pins and doing some drills. Iíve got about 2K though mine now and all Iíve shot in it is cheap Walmart Fed value packs.

To date zero issues.

I did have a couple jams at about the 1K mark, but realized I got sloppy with loading the magazines. Went back to loading one round at a time as per the directions and havenít had a jam in 1K. I also havenít cleaned it in about 400 rds.

Chuck
    homo homini lupus est

I have one and its a bunch of fun. Having said that mine fire oob within the 1st 150 rounds. So a trip back to the factory was necessary. S+W paid postage both ways, changed out some springs and a different magazine. Now probably in the area 700-1000 rounds later I havent had a hiccup, has worked perfectly.

Ron

Links