Taurus Millenium PT145 Failure to Feed

This is a discussion on Taurus Millenium PT145 Failure to Feed within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Now you know why the original owner got rid of it. Low quality, low cost used guns are always risky....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taurus Millenium PT145 Failure to Feed

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Now you know why the original owner got rid of it. Low quality, low cost used guns are always risky.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stazio199 View Post
    I will never buy another gun from Mid America Arms or another Taurus.
    I know nothing about Mid America but I can tell you this. My friend has the same pistol. In his case it fails to fire leaving only a tiny dent in the primer. He sent it back to Taurus. They kept it 3 weeks and shipped it back. Same problem. As best as we can tell, they never even bothered to work on it. It now lays useless in a box in the closet.

That was enough for me to pass the Taurus disply at the gun stores without a hesitation.

Very sad state of affairs.

Best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

See if wolf sells stiffer mag springs for it. If they have +15% try them. You will need a mag loader to get all rounds loaded untill the get broke in real good. I had feeding problems with my cz and put stiffer springs in the mags and haven't had a problem since. www.gunsprings.com

Quote Originally Posted by CraigStill View Post
    I know nothing about Mid America but I can tell you this. My friend has the same pistol. In his case it fails to fire leaving only a tiny dent in the primer. He sent it back to Taurus. They kept it 3 weeks and shipped it back. Same problem. As best as we can tell, they never even bothered to work on it. It now lays useless in a box in the closet.

That was enough for me to pass the Taurus disply at the gun stores without a hesitation.

Very sad state of affairs.

Best!
    Please put me in touch with your friend and if he's interested in selling his defective pistol I'd be interested in buying it from him....need a good parts gun...thanks...

please upload pic

Quote Originally Posted by jfoman1 View Post
    I made an account here after fixing my PT145. The FTF problem with mine was that the slide lock lever internal to the polymer grip extruded too far. As ammunition rises from the magazine, the bullet tip contacts the lever and engages the slide lock. Next time you get a FTF, look and see if the slide lock is engaged. If so, you may have the same problem I had. I first tried filing it, but my jewler's files would't make a dent. I used my Dremel with a stone bit to take some metal off that lever, and now it feeds flawlessly. There's still plenty of lever left to meet the mag follower and engage the slide lock with an empty mag. Hope this helps, Good luck!
    This information is what I have been seeking, but it is hard for me to visualize the pieces you describe. Can you upload pictures of what you are referring to please. Thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links