Saying goodbye to pit shooting

This is a discussion on Saying goodbye to pit shooting within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; And hello to my membership at my local Rod-n-Gun club! It took a loooong time (3 months), but I was warned that it could be ...

Thread: Saying goodbye to pit shooting

And hello to my membership at my local Rod-n-Gun club! It took a loooong time (3 months), but I was warned that it could be that long. Got voted in last night and shot there today "officially"- I cannot say how good it feels to be in a place that's designed to shoot in, around people who are incredibly safety minded and who mostly pick up after themselves. I also feel like a kid again because the average age there has got to be 60 to 65.
    And, for a micro-metro area that the Portland area is, it's only 15 minutes away from the house! The safest pit I could find was an hour away, and that doesn't include the yahoo's in the area.
    6 utility pistol ranges, an automated competition pistol range, 7 IPDA ranges, 100 to 600 yd rifle. Plus, the trap shooting. The place is enormous and no range fees for all but the competition range. I somehow see more gun purchases on the horizon...(COUGH! Saiga in .308...COUGH) I'll probably start with a 22 to keep ammo cost down.
    I am one friggin' happy fella!

Nice! Congrats. i got one near me I've been thinking about trying to join. Would be nice to save the money and drive time

Sounds like the one I am a member of in Ks. Enjoy it, there are not many ranges out there like these and we are very lucky to have them so close.

Quote Originally Posted by ks kid View Post
    Sounds like the one I am a member of in Ks. Enjoy it, there are not many ranges out there like these and we are very lucky to have them so close.
    And by that comment, I'm betting I know the one you are in.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

At first I thought you were done shooting dogs. It is great to belong to a good shooting club...safety and camaraderie.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Love that club, been there 6 or 7 times since and have had the ranges all to myself.

GM
    Congrats and enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Links