Defensive Carry banner

OD Colt ? ~ 1911 Slide German Markings ????

5K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  Glockman21 
#1 ·
CombatCarry kinda frowns on linking directly to auction pages but, I'll link to this one for now & use the Ebay pictures....for now only.

Then as you folks add information on this slide...maybe.
I DO have the Ebay Pics saved to my 'puter & I'll upload those pictures to the forum gallery & then delete the references to Ebay and the auction link in the very near future. Then we'll just have an interesting thread on an unusual 1911 slide with our own photos. :yup:
Sounds good to me.

SO...........What is the scoop/story on this particular 1911 slide???
I know that the Germans produced some Colt Pattern 1911 pistols during the war era but, wouldn't they be Nazi proofed?
I really don't know much about non Colt Colts.
I'm not thinking about buying this although the price is right...for any slide now.
My curiousity is peaked on this item though.
This does not look like a German slide to me.

CLICK HERE TO GO TO EBAY AUCTION PAGE

See less See more
#3 ·
I do know some occupied countrys were producing a basicly 1911 clone ( norway comes to mind for some reason ) iirc some details were different on cosmetics ( a dropped slidestop , and i belive for a short run a dropped safety a-la brown or whoeaver that put the lever on the safety mid way down the faceing ) so i would speculate that this slide may be a part of ww2 european history LOL

#5 ·
Not sure about that slide, but for a time in 1945 some Colts were made under Nazi contract. They were refered to as the 1914 and had a lowered and extended slide reliece.

#6 · (Edited)
They were refered to as the 1914 and had a lowered and extended slide reliece.
No, those were the Norwegians.

Got It OD Thanks! for posting it! QKShooter

The few pistol produced under Nazi occupation were referred to as Pistole 657(n) "n" meaning Norway. There were a total of only 8,223 numbered pistols produced under Nazi occupation.

but for a time in 1945
They were produced in 1940, '41, '42 and 1945.

I have no idea what a RAPP pistol is, it's not one of the Nazi pieces?

Thanks QK, interesting piece, hope to find out more about it.

#7 ·
Damm OD that is exacly the pistol i tried to describe , not saying the slide was part of one , just the only period european .45 that i personaly knew of lol

#8 · (Edited)
OD said:
No, those were the Norwegians.
Yes, but for a short time after the Nazi's invaded norway, there were like you said 8,000 and some odd 1914's produced between '41 and '45. But about 7,000 or so were produced without markings, and only 1,000 or so had the Nazi eagle markings on them and they were produced in 1945 only.

#9 ·
Yes, but for a short time after the Nazi's invaded norway, there were like you said 8,000 and some odd 1914's produced, but unlike the regular 1914's they had the Nazi proofs.
Yes but, if you were to contact a collector for a Nazi 1911, which would you ask for, a Norwegian or a Pistole 657(n)? They maybe the same to you, they're not to collectors.

#10 ·
OD said:
Yes but, if you were to contact a collector for a Nazi 1911, which would you ask for, a Norwegian or a Pistole 657(n)? They maybe the same to you, they're not to collectors.
reread my edit

#11 ·
I Tried Google Searching

RAPP 1911 slide - .45 pistol slide RAPP - & got Nada AKA nothing.

The doggone thing cannot be that unusual. :confused:

I sure have never seen that marking before though.

#12 ·
But about 7,000 or so were produced without markings,
The pistols assembled in 1941 & 1942 were not stamped with German inspection stamps. In 1945 Oberfuher Neumann's initials were moved to the left side of the Waffenamt marked pistols, an unknown number of pistols above serial number 30534 were assembled without the Waffenamt markings.

#17 ·
A while ago there was a magizine article about the Nazi produced 1914 for sale on Gun Broker, even showed a pic of the Nazi proof marked 1914. I went back to find it to link it, but it must have expired already.

#18 ·
OK, you're referencing two different pistols again.
The Kongsberg factory was commandeered for Nazi production in June of 1940, the pistols and parts already manufactured would be Nazi mark Norwegians.
The production of German designated Pistole 657(n) began in late 1940.

#19 ·
I think that discussing pistols built during the 40s is not germane to the question. The seller gives the following info:

You are bidding on a slide for a 1911A1 Goverment Model manufactured by RAPP. I've never seen a 1911A1 GI slide with these type markings before. I know that all firearms sold inside of Germany must be proofed and the proof marks stamped on them but I've never seen this manufacturers name on any ther 1911A1 slide. It has a FSN (Federal Stock Number) or NSN (NATO Stock Number ) stamped on its side which should put it about 70's to 80s vintage. I believe it has never been on a pistol judging by the inside finish wear. Phosphate finish on exterior has minor wear from long storage. No internals. If you collect 1911A1 stuff this might be something to have. I've never seen another, and I was a millitary armorer for several years in the 80's
If it has a FSN or NSN then it would be of West German manufacture. The F in FSN representing the Federal Republic of Germany.

#20 ·
OD said:
=the pistols and parts already manufactured would be Nazi mark Norwegians.
They didn't get the Nazi eagle stamp till '45, so how would the early '40's be the same as the '45 ?

#21 ·
Is it still possible to still find a Slide Release AKA Slide Stop like the one shown in your photo?
some years ago several smiths offered them , today i suspect it would be a one of custom , but any competent smith should be able to turn one out .

#23 ·
OD said:
Your talking about the Beschussstempel proof mark or the Wa A84 inspection mark?
Talking bout the one's made in '45, for Waffenamt, Nazi mfg. with the Nazi eagle mark in them. Check your PM's

#24 ·
OK, they used two stampings with the Swastika.

I believe the confusion is on my part, I substituted Nazi for German, several posts back. You're correct, they received the Swastika late in the war, they were German marked Pistole 657(n) from 1940.

#26 ·
Seems as if we got off track a bit QK. Not really sure bout that slide as if is defently somewhat of a oddity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.