Joe Tacticool, the ultimate black opps ninja warrior.

This is a discussion on Joe Tacticool, the ultimate black opps ninja warrior. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had quite an experience the other day with an employee at the gun counter of a big box sporting retailer the other day. I ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Tacticool, the ultimate black opps ninja warrior.

Joe Tacticool, the ultimate black opps ninja warrior.

I had quite an experience the other day with an employee at the gun counter of a big box sporting retailer the other day. I had stopped in to try a Glock sport combat holster out before I dropped the money on a nice high riding leather OWB holster. This is the exchange I had with the guy who I call "Joe Tacticool, the ultimate black opps warrior. To paint the picture for you, he had a flat top buzz haircut, black tactical boots and black tactical cargo pants. He was wearing a gigantic cheap watch that looked like it may have had survival purposes...

ME: Can I see a G26 for a holster fit?

JT: You carry a G26?

ME: Yep, Can I see one? Mine is loaded and is not coming out of the holster.

JT: You are not going to like that cheap plastic holster.

ME: I will judge for myself, do you have a Glock 26 or not?

JT: Yep, here ya go. Hey, do you want to step up to a real gun? We got deals on M&P pistols right now. I could get you in a .40 cal cheaper than you think.

ME: I like my 26, I dont plan on switching.

JT: The grip angle is awful and there is no ambi mag release.

ME: I love the grip angle and I am right handed, so I dont care.

JT: Glock is obsolete, and you dont want to trust your life to an underpowered 9mm!

ME: (annoyed at this point) I suppose you carry an M&P .40?

JT: Nope, I carry a full sized 1911 in an apendix holster and a .357 BUG on my ankle.

ME: Yep, I dont like this holster, I am gonna pass on it.

JT: TOLD YA! Those (foul word) holsters (foul word) suck! Now are you going to look at that M&P or do you want to buy a SERPA for your sissy pistol?

ME: Fine, show me the gun. I already have a Serpa for my sissy pistol, it sticks out a mine.

JT: Here ya go, what do you think?

ME: Mind if I dry fire?

JT: Go ahead!

ME: I dont like the grip angle or the trigger. It is also bigger than my 26, it wont fit in my pocket.

JT: Is carring a mousegun that fits in your pocket worth your life?

ME: 9mm is as effective as anything, this horse has been beat to death. I dont think a G26 falls into the mouse gun camp either. Not everyone is willing to give up concealability and capacity to carry a .45.

JT: The .45 makes big enough holes, you dont need allot of shots. If I hit a guy between the eyes with my 1911, I only need on shot. If you shoot someone with that 9mm, they may just stand there and look at you! My wife carrys a .45! man Im just trying to steer you straight! Big guys like us (he was five inches shorter and 75 lbs lighter than me) can get away with a huge gun! I put mine at appendix and I hardly know its there.

ME: Do you sleep with an AK-47 under your pillow?

JT: Nope, a semi auto FAL.. 7.62 NATO has allot more punch than those commie 7.62x39 rounds. I have an AR under the back seat of my car too. When the SHTF, a pistol just dont cut it.

ME:Thanks for the info, I gotta get moving.

JT: What about that M&P? I can try to get you credit.

ME: Nope, I have state troopers and deputies as friends and family. They would beat me if I carried anything but a Glock. A pistol is a tool of their trade, I bet they know what they are talking about. They are all die hard GLOCK guys.

JT: (NOT KIDDING HE SAID THIS) Cops are stupid, if they were'nt, they wouldnt carry a GLOCK. There is better stuff out there, the ony reason to carry a GLOCK is ignorance or stupidity! I was a cop, and I quit because most of them are (foul word) holes.

ME: I bet you got fired for being an arrogant (foul word).

JT: NO! IT WAS MY BUM KNEE!

ME: I am outta here, and I am never ever coming back. You are a real JERK.

JT: Go make out with your sissy pistol, I will be ready for action with a real gun! (he then flashed the grip of an UGLY 1911 that was in an IWB holster. It looked like he had a pretty good sized knife hiding in there too.)

ME: You are a gunshop employee, not even a real mall ninja! Get a life man!

I then walked out and had a very good laugh in the parking lot!!!!

Have any of you had similar experiences with Rambo wanna be gunshop guys? Lets hear about it.
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Can't say that I have.

I commend you, you have patience far beyond my own.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Was he an employee or the owner. Sounds like you spent too much time talking to the wrong person. (And I bet he got canned also!) Any store owner with more than 2 brains cells knows you don't call a potential customer's handgun a sissy gun.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Here is a simple trick for blowhards or anyone annoying. When talking to these folks, stare at a spot on their forehead. Drives people nuts.

He was most definatly an employee. This was a very large chain type big box sports retailer, he was the dope at the gun counter. I wasnt dealing with him, I was just enjoying a little entertainment. I was not going to buy that M&P, they were WAY expensive. They wanted nearly $600 for a G26, I would guess they were gouging on everything else too. I went in for a holster fit, and got a good show.

Let the idiot speak, just dont argue!

VIP Member
    Shoulda asked where the extra trauma plate duct tape was...

What a maroon...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

You have Towelie for an avatar. That is amusing.

As for your question. That is a big fat no. The guys that work at my local gun store are top notch and would never belittle anyone.

"My" gunshop is big on knowlage an profesionalism, but short on holsters and stuff. When I need a gun, I go talk to Wendy at the gunshop up the road. I end up in places like this for holsters and stuff like that. It is unfoutunate, but the small shops just dont have the selection. This is not the first moron I have run into working in a Gander Moun.... oops! I wasnt going to name them. They will no longer get me in one of their stores for any reason. If I cant get it from the real gunshop in Milaca, I will drive to Cabelas or order online.

I love South Park. I was watching the episode that they did an intervention on Towelie when I put that up.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Yeah, I HAVE run into a few like him Maybe not as bad, but still definitely major tools.

Enjoy your sissy gun.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

funny conversation; this is my favorite part:

ME: Do you sleep with an AK-47 under your pillow?

JT: Nope, a semi auto FAL.. 7.62 NATO has allot more punch than those commie 7.62x39 rounds. I have an AR under the back seat of my car too. When the SHTF, a pistol just dont cut it.
    Your conversation reminds me of the Glock vs. XD video below...
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Man, it is fun talking to guys like that, at least if you can keep your cool. They make it so easy to see how much they think they know and how much they are trying to get you to care what they think. Too bad they give reasonable gun owners a bad name.
    Walk softly ...

I has a salesman try to sale me a 45 pistol, and told me he had shot a wild hog weighing around 250# at 50 yards; with a 45 just like the one he was trying to sale me, and tore out the hogs shoulder.

I said good shooting and ask him to show me how to brake down 45 and he could not do it.

45acp could have killed wild hog with a well placed shot, but this salesman was, well you fill in your own thoughts.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

The .45 is like a magic death ray from stolen alien technology! I farm pigs, they are a tough animal. Thick heavy skin and bone protect them while they fight. A boar's hide can get so thick and tough, it hardly bends when they move. A handgun caliber chambered for a pistol would be a poor choice for hunting them. I get a kick out of the super cannon handgun guys. Handguns are low powered defensive weapons suited for close range combat. If they want to play with real power, there are rifles out there that will drive a 250 grain bullet at 3000 feet per second and remain extemely leathal out to 1000 yards.

Try that holster again, you have to file down the inner trigger housing catch just a smidge. It's a really good holster with the righ belt, ESPECIALLY for my G26.

FWIW, I would of asked for manager. Screw him!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links