Companies offering Lifetime Warranties

This is a discussion on Companies offering Lifetime Warranties within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There are a few companies that offer Lifetime Warranties. Is this a matter of marketing, commitment to the product, or a non issue? The companies ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Companies offering Lifetime Warranties

Companies offering Lifetime Warranties

There are a few companies that offer Lifetime Warranties. Is this a matter of marketing, commitment to the product, or a non issue? The companies that I am aware have these warranties are Glock, Keltec, Rohrbaugh, Taurus, Springfield Armory and the Smith and Wesson M&P line.

Would not the availability of spare parts and the gunsmiths who can service the weapon be more important for what firearm should be considered?
    NRA, Lifetime Member

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    It is something I believe worth considering when deciding on a purchase....
    For God, Family and Country!

I think that some companies certainly seem to stand behind their products more than others, and some seem to have lifetime warranties as more of a marketing thing. It does play a small role in my choices when buying firearms, but its not the over-riding factor by any means. But if I was making a choice between two similar weapons, and one had a one year warranty, and the other a lifetime warranty, with all other aspects (quality, type, price, ect...) being the same, I'd certainly go with the lifetime warranty, it can't hurt to have it.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Kahr and Hi-point do as well. Its not a deciding factor, but then again I have only had to send one firearm back. That was a HI Point, and the service I recieved was fantastic.
    KAHR CW45, RIA 1911 Officer, S&W Sigma 9MM, Savage 1907 .32cal(BUG)

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Even "lowly" Hi Point does brother! Ruger has no implied warranty but they will repair your Ruger product for life for free.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Sometimes it costs more to send it to the manufacturer than to have a gun smith repair it.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

Quote Originally Posted by ccroom View Post
    Sometimes it costs more to send it to the manufacturer than to have a gun smith repair it.
    There are several companies that if you contact them and tell them your problem, will send you pre-paid shipping tags, these are the ones that really stand behind their products.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member
    Sig Sauer has a lifetime warranty as well.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Ruger also has a lifetime warranty, though it is undocumented in their manual, as well as on their website. But all Ruger owners here will attest that they will fix it, free, every time, regardless of circumstance. Little story...

Friend of mine bought a Ruger 10/22 second hand and the previous owner had tried to make it full auto by grinding away part of the bolt. After that, it would not cycle properly, would fire 1 round and lock. My friend sent the bolt to Ruger and they fixed it free, in 2 weeks.

I think you hit the nail on the head with it being a marketing ploy. The manufacturers know that ours is a community of comeroddery (sp?) and sharing, they know that word will spread of their customer service, quality control, and all around value for the dollar.

It is like in Tommy Boy
    "I can crap in a box and mark it guaranteed... all you have is a guaranteed piece of *expletive deleted*!"

Hope this helps.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    There are several companies that if you contact them and tell them your problem, will send you pre-paid shipping tags, these are the ones that really stand behind their products.
    When I purchased my SA XD40 SC, the extended mag that came with it had a weak spring. I contacted SA and they sent me a pre-paid label to send it back to them and they sent me a brand new mag, no problems since. Time from notifying SA of the problem and getting a replacement mag was about 4 days.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Ruger and there service are not very good IMO. They wont give dealers prices on parts over the phone and our shop has had some serious issues with them! I could tell stories!!!!
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

I recently had a question about a Colt I own as to whether it needed service or not. There is a Colt rep on a 1911 forum I am a member of. He sent me a call tag voluntarily.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post
    There are a few companies that offer Lifetime Warranties. Is this a matter of marketing, commitment to the product, or a non issue? The companies that I am aware have these warranties are Glock, Keltec, Rohrbaugh, Taurus, Springfield Armory and the Smith and Wesson M&P line.

Would not the availability of spare parts and the gunsmiths who can service the weapon be more important for what firearm should be considered?
    Huh? The paperwork with my Glock states a one-year warrantee. Black & white. For the original owner.
    I realize that some companies will honor their product regardless of if original owner or not, but that's more as a sign of goodwill than stated coverage.

Warranties are a consideration for me, but not a deciding factor. Some companies need the warranties to make sales; others don't.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Davidsons: http://www.galleryofguns.com/
    Sells/distributes for most of the major manufacturers' (S&W, Springfield, Colt, etc, etc, etc) guns with their own lifetime guaruntee called "Davidsons GuarunteeD". If it ever fails, they take it back and replace it with a brand new one, shipped overnight, no questions asked. I found out about them by accident. I just happened to buy a Micro Desert Eagle from a local gun shop that sells their stuff. The gun turned out to have issues. I took it back to the store I bought it from, they shipped it back to Davidsons, Davidsons overnighted a brand new one. Didn't cost me a penny. I just bought an M&P through their galleryofguns website. It was at the local shop about 2 business days after I ordered it. Ordering from them was in the same price range as buying it anywhere else in town.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

The terms of the warranty are important also. These items (handguns) have parts that will wear out and require replacement but most failures are not warranted items. Causes for failure usually will include misuse, bad ammo, alterations, etcetra.

If in fact there is a design or manufacturing problem, the manufacturer would want to know about it. Well designed and built handguns (or whatever) should not be having failures.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links