A Request from The History Channel's "Top Shot" television show

A Request from The History Channel's "Top Shot" television show

This is a discussion on A Request from The History Channel's "Top Shot" television show within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I received the below email from The History Channel that some of you might be interested in. Information on how to reply to them is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Request from The History Channel's "Top Shot" television show

DC Founder

Exclamation A Request from The History Channel's "Top Shot" television show

I received the below email from The History Channel that some of you might be interested in. Information on how to reply to them is listed below the quoted email. Good luck to anyone trying out.....

Hi there,

History Channel is now casting for season 2 of its hit new show "Top Shot"! We are looking for excellent marksmen of any skill level ready to take on the best in a multitude of historical, physical, and unusual challenges. Contestants have the chance to win $100,000 in prizes as well as test their skills agains the best marksmen in world.

Below is a brief description of what we are looking for and how to apply. If possible please repost this so that all who are interested can sign up for this incredible opportunity. It would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much and good luck to all!

If you have any questions feel free to call or email.

Kristen Rinella
    Casting Associate, Top Shot

If you are skilled with a pistol, rifle or any other firearm, you could win $100,000 in prizes on season 2 of History Channel’s hit competition show TOP SHOT. Producers are looking for anyone with mind-blowing shooting skills and a big personality to take on exciting physical challenges with multiple guns and mystery projectile weapons.It doesn’t matter if you’re a professionally trained shooter or a self-taught, average Joe (or Jane!). As long as you’re in good physical shape, have mastered a firearm and can adapt to new weapons and demanding physical situations, you could be America’s next “Top Shot.”

APPLY TODAY!

To apply, email TopShotCasting@gmail.com with your name, city/state, phone number, a recent photo of yourself and a brief explanation of why you should be on the show. Deadline to apply is August 12, 2010. For more information, visit www.pilgrimfilms.tv and click on “CASTING” or call 818-478-4570 for more information TODAY!

* Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, a resident or citizen of the United States and reasonably proficient with shooting and marksmanship
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    We are looking for excellent marksmen of any skill level

Their request doesn't make much sense to me.

People sometimes don't stop to consider what it is they are exactly writing.

If the first season is any indication, I'd steer people away from applying. For a concept that could easily have been an excellent show where pure skill determined who won, the idiotic voting aspect made it into a typical "reality" show with dramacidal maniacs.

-JT

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    The show is a worthless waste of an hour of your life.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I actually enjoy the elimination shoot offs - there seems to be more thought put into them (not to mention less voice overs during them). I usually record the episodes and fast forward through the drama queen parts. So far just about everyone I shoot with could perform the physical requirements, and are as good as all but 2 or 3 of this season's contestants.

This isn't just a shooting competition, it's a reality show. You are restricted to a big house for a month, miked up and video running, and based on this year they will be heavier on the "personalities" to create conflicts than the shooting. It might be fun, but I'm too old and not good enough to try for it.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    "looking for excellent marksmen of any skill level "

Huh? That's like saying we're looking for top-level golfers who've never made the cut, isn't it?

More focus on the drama? Maybe they need to change the program name to "Big 'packin' brother."

No, thanks. Not impressed with the show's format. I'd rather get bug-bit and thrown in a mud pit on "Survivor."
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

When I saw one of the idiots who could not hit a pie plate target at 100 yds. with a Mosin, off the bench and the stupid girl who could not find the target with a spotting scope, I washed my hands of this series. As stated above, it is a waste of minutes of your life.

Sheeple Show

The show is horrible. I would rather watch The Jersey Shore (not saying that I do).

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadPoison View Post
    The show is horrible. I would rather watch The Jersey Shore (not saying that I do).
    Oh man! Now that's a really low blow.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    If the first season is any indication, I'd steer people away from applying. For a concept that could easily have been an excellent show where pure skill determined who won, the idiotic voting aspect made it into a typical "reality" show with dramacidal maniacs.

-JT
    What that guy said.

Its better than most of the comedy shows I see. Oh, its not a comedy, disregard my last.

VIP Member
    * Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, a resident or citizen of the United States and reasonably proficient with shooting and marksmanship

Rats!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan View Post
    I actually enjoy the elimination shoot offs - there seems to be more thought put into them (not to mention less voice overs during them). I usually record the episodes and fast forward through the drama queen parts.
    I'm with you there. I record 'em and watch the compititions but I don't do the reality tv, drama-queen stuff either.

Too bad my personality probley isn't big enough to qualify, but I'd love to shoot all those guns in compitition!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I suppose I could stop using what little tact I have (according to my lovely wife) and apply. I'm pretty sure that I could get voted to the elimination round every week until I got eliminated, just by telling everybody what I really thought of them. The real problem is I'm not some ex-sniper, current LEO or armed forces, or hot shot competitor (although there isn't any of the big name competitors on the show), just some guy who likes to shoot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links