Mind Set

This is a discussion on Mind Set within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A person's mind set can do two things to them, it can either kill them or save their life. Why do I make such comments, ...

Thread: Mind Set

Mind Set

A person's mind set can do two things to them, it can either kill them or save their life. Why do I make such comments, well if you are approached by a person bent on taking your life and you immediately begin to weigh the legal ramifications of you stopping him as a threat, the odds will and can greatly shift in a manner that finds your loved ones planning your funeral.

The criminal mind set is one way and that set is always accomplishing the goal that they have in mind to fulfill some desire that they have, be it to get the next high or increase the dollar bills in their pocket.
    Now friends lets understand that this is always at your expense.
    Secondly, does your mind drift to how his family will feel if you stop him as a threat or will your mind briefly find yourself in Sunday School and worried about what the teacher will say?
    The decision you make could find the teacher making arrangements to attend your funeral.
    God, never wants us to be afraid and my Bible actually speaks of how God wants us to not fear because he will teach our hands to war, and provide confidence for me during that time.
    Thus, whatever your views about God are, understand and know that you are commissioned as men and women to protect what is given to you and use the tools that you have to do that duty.
    Walk, with your head high and keep it on a swivel, don't let your mind be clouded with an attitude of it will never happen.
    Mind set, mind set mind set. Moreover, if you find yourself in combat become selfish and think of the things that matter to you. Like seeing your kids, your wife and even dealing with that 10 year old copier at work that constantly jams. Because as you lay there dying you may reflect on that copier, and how much you will miss standing in line for it.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Every individual that decides to carry a firearm should absolutely contemplate in advance how they would be willing to react if ever placed into a situation where possibly forced to use it or other deadly force.
    Hesitation at the wrong time could have disastrous results.
    A wise person will have those mental issues settled in advance.

VIP Member
    Very good. You are surely correct in saying this stuff must be worked out ahead of time as there won't be time to decide when the SHTF.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

VIP Member
    The Combat Triad:
    Mindset
    Marksmanship
    Gun Handling
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Assistant Administrator
    I posted a while ago on a similar aspect - and cannot agree more. It is something we each have to get in order.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion
    God, never wants us to be afraid and my Bible actually speaks of how God wants us to not fear because he will teach our hands to war, and provide confidence for me during that time.
    Where in the Bible does it say this? I do not know the bible that well and have had no luck finding it.

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar
    Glockman17
    There are many statements of this sort. Even many Christians do not understand that protecting the weak, even at the costs of our lives, is our duty and obligation. But we are not left alone to do this. Consider the 54th Psalm (Catholic numbering!)
    "Arrogant men are attacking me,
    brutes who are hounding me to death,
    people to whom God means nothing.

But now God himself comes to help me,
    the Lord, supporter of my life.
    May their wickedness recoil on themselves,
    Yahweh, ever faithful, destroy my enemies!"

Many soldiers have carried a medal with this psalm on it into battle. I wear one, with the first verse written in Old Slavonic.
    Christ made it clear, and the Church has always taught, that we are to pour ourselves out for others, in service to the weak, the old, the defenseless. This sometimes requires violent resistance to evil.
    "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth: it is not peace I have come to bring, but a sword."
    (Matthew ch 10, 34-45) Practicing Christianity does not imply all will be rosy!
    On sending out the apostles, Christ instructs them to obtain swords if they have none, even if they have to sell their cloaks. Why? Is He trying to stir up trouble? In a way, yes, if trouble means resisting evil. Jesus was not naive! He knew exactly what his followers would face, then and now.
    The message is not "No violence ever". The message is always the same: you live for others, for service to the Father and the least of his children. A weapon is a tool that is sometimes needed to do this.
    Does this help??
    God Bless.
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

Links