taurus/rossi customer service

This is a discussion on taurus/rossi customer service within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The long wait times you here about are true. In April I bought a Rossi 851 38. I fired 50 rds thru it the day ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: taurus/rossi customer service

taurus/rossi customer service

The long wait times you here about are true. In April I bought a Rossi 851 38. I fired 50 rds thru it the day I got it that went ok. I was dryfiring it a couple weeks later and it lockedup on me. I pulled the side plate and found that the hammer pivot pin had broken. I took it back where I bought it the next day (April 27th).They sent it to rossi. It took rossi 2 months to look at it and decide they would replace it but the replacement was on backorder. I called rossi on july 1st to see how long it would take and was told they just got a shipment in and it would be a week and a half before it would be shipped out. my first thought was why does it take that long to ship when they have it in stock.
    I called them again on july 14th to find that shipment was held up because they needed a copy of dealers ffl. I went to dealer they faxed their ffl, called rossi again was told it would ship overnight last friday. Drove to dealer last saturday firearm had not arrived. Went to dealer last tuesday (7/20) afternoon they finally got it. The finish on the replacement was better but cylinder was hard to push open after unlatching it. I traded it even for a Ruger 22/45rp. I haven't been to the range yet with the Ruger but I know I will be more satisfied with it verses the rossi. The rossi was not something I bought to depend on for defensive purposes. I just bought it for a range gun. I will probably not buy another taurus/rossi product because of their horrible customer service. I would not recomend them for a first gun purchase because of the long repair time. It would be ok if you had something else to depend on if it has to be sent back for repair. Sorry for the long rant but I figured It would be good to let everyone know how wonderful rossi customer service is.

2. Remove Ads

GM
    Unfortunately it uses to be in that way when you get a Taurus .
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Administrator
    Messed with the bull and got the horns.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Sorry, you had a bad experience, I would say that is to long also. As far as the gun issue, my wife has a Rossi 38 and it works like a charm and has no problems with it as a first time purchase or defensive weapon. Now if you want to make your claim about the customer service, that's cool, you want to make a claim about a poor product due to customer service wait times are two seperate things and should not be merged and sorry, I must respectfully disagree with you as my new GP100 Ruger 3 inch was 4 months old and I had it in the Gunsmiths having the cylinder stoned down so it would close properly. So I could make a claim that all rugers suck because of it and I would be wrong for I have a GP100 4 inch that has performed flawlessly for 15+ years. This is just my view on it.

My apologies if I read your thread wrong, but it seems you are trying to merge customer service with a bad weapon. That's how I saw it.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

I once bought a Taurus Millenium. My bad. The recoil spring guide broke. I called Taurus.
    They said: "send it in"
    me: "no, just send me a new guide"
    Them: "we can't do that. Just send us the broken guide"
    me: "no, because then I'm out a gun even longer"
    them: "sorry, I can't help you"
    me: "here's my CC number, can I just buy a new guide"
    them: "sure, what's the address?"

Lousy customer service, period. I'll never own another Taurus product.
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
    Ted Nugent

Buy Smith & Wesson and avoid the headache.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I bought the Bull and got the Horns both times. I'll never own another Taurus product and that applies to Rossi, as well.

I believe that the reason their support turnaround times are so bad is because the initial quality control isn't there. In other words, if they made better products, then there wouldn't be a huge repair backlog.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Buy Smith & Wesson and avoid the headache.
    The wife allready has a 642 with lasergrips that she carries. That's why I bought the rossi was because the trigger reach was the same as her 642 and it weighed 32 ounces. After 50 to 75 rounds thru her 642 her hands will start to bother her but she still wanted to keep shooting. The rossi didn't try to twist your hands off. I bought her a beretta neos 22 that she loves as much as her 642. Now she shoots 10 to 25 rds thru the 642 and a couple hundred thru the neos when we go to the range. We went shooting sunday afternoon the 22/45 was great. The wife is not as good with the ruger as she is her neos. The neos fits her hands better. With her 642 she can put 5 rounds into 1.75 inches at 15 feet if she takes her time. when firing as fast as she can she still puts all 5 into 5 inche at 15 ft. I finally got her to try my 9mm baby eagle she was great with it but she has to start off with it cocked because she can't reach the double action trigger. May have to see how a m&p 9 or 40 fits her.

Can't say that this surprises me. I'm 50-50 with Taurus, but I won't give them another shot. Their QC is hit or miss and their CS is nonexistent.

Over a year ago I bought a 24/7 Pro c 45 and it has been a very good pistol - 100% for over 800 rounds and reasonable accurate. In February I bought a Millenium Pro PT745. It was bad right out of the box with multiple FTFeeds over 262 rounds. I sent it back and they kept it six weeks, and returned it with the same problem. I sold it back to the dealer.

The base product is quality. I mean, if you get a good one, or once "gone through" by someone that knows what they are doing, they are fine guns.

If they just didn't do such a lousy job of fitting and worked harder at making sure everything was right before it left the factory, maybe their warranty service dept. would not be so backlogged.

I only have 1 Taurus out of 12 handguns. It's been flawless through 1,100 rounds. Haven't had to use CS. I guess I got one of the "Hits" out of the hit or miss club. I've got 3 Rugers, 2 Smiths, 1 Springer, 1 Bersa, and several other brands. They've all been fine with no need to use any of their CS depts. I guess I've been very fortunate all the way around.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I only have 1 Taurus out of 12 handguns. It's been flawless through 1,100 rounds. Haven't had to use CS. I guess I got one of the "Hits" out of the hit or miss club. I've got 3 Rugers, 2 Smiths, 1 Springer, 1 Bersa, and several other brands. They've all been fine with no need to use any of their CS depts. I guess I've been very fortunate all the way around.
    Other than the PT745, I've been fortunate too. Currently, I have two SIG's, three S&W's, two Kahr's, one SA, and the 24/7. The only one that has ever had a problem was the XD c 45, and that was two FTFeeds in the first 50 rounds. Since then it has also been flawless.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Messed with the bull and got the horns.
    thats pretty damned funny!...

I have two Taurus 85s, both have been flawless.

Ex Member
    Sadly this is VERY common for Taurus. I own 2 that have been fine but I keep my fingers crossed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links