Virginia's 2010 Lobby Day -- the anti's propaganda

This is a discussion on Virginia's 2010 Lobby Day -- the anti's propaganda within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; At lobby day authorities estimated that there were over 1000 pro-RKBA supporters lobbying and rallying. The same authorities estimated that there were less that 100 ...

Thread: Virginia's 2010 Lobby Day -- the anti's propaganda

VIP Member

Virginia's 2010 Lobby Day -- the anti's propaganda

At lobby day authorities estimated that there were over 1000 pro-RKBA supporters lobbying and rallying.

The same authorities estimated that there were less that 100 [ I personally would have sid less than 50] Anti-RKBA lobbying and rallying.

I addition to the local TV stations, there was a group w/ professional level gear covering the events.

When asked who they were and who/what they were filming for (by anyone with a pro gun sticker, the reporter and camera operator were cagey and keen to dodge any questions concerning exactly who requested a film crew crew from Philly to document this event in Richmond, VA. They would only say something along the lines of "We are a documentary film company and this issue interested us and presented a unique opportunity so we drove down to get the story."

Sollo's site now has a Virginia Center for Public Safety (VACPS), Million Moms March, Protest Easy Guns, and the Angel Fund video developed for them by this professional group from Pennsylvania of their version of what happened.

BTW -- The anti's focus on Dr. King was in response to the VCDL's quotes of Dr. King, which we have used for the last few years.

"Finally, I contended that the debate over the question of self-defense was unnecessary since few people suggested that Negroes should not defend themselves as individuals when attacked. The question was not whether one should use his gun when his home was attacked, but whether it was tactically wise to use a gun while participating in an organized demonstration." Martin Luther King, Jr., Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community? Chapter II, Black Power, Page 27, Harper & Row Publishers Inc., First Edition, 1967.

"As we have seen, the first public expression of disenchantment with nonviolence arose around the question of "self-defense." In a sense this is a false issue, for the right to defend one's home and one's person when attacked has been guaranteed through the ages by common law." Martin Luther King, Jr., Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community? Chapter II, Black Power, Page 55, Harper & Row Publishers Inc., First Edition, 1967.
    Wonder why the VACPS video missed that.

We had a good number of women and blacks wearing GSL stickers. How many do you see in the video?

How about the crowd size? Get a feel for the difference in the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s9MXe93y0A
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Way to go Dave now you have my blood pressure all high right before my bed time.
    Typical anti logic. "If someone gets mad and they have a fist they won't kill someone, if someone gets mad and has a gun they will shoot someone." The sad part is that these people actually believe this stuff. If this logic were true then there would be thousands if not millions of murders every day for no reason other than "you cut me off", or "you looked at my girlfriend". They refuse to accept the fact that millions of Americans own and carry guns every day and don't shoot anyone every time they get mad.
    On the plus side from the comments I read on the video most people understand what this video is. Except for one guy but he kind of sounds like he just likes riling people up.
    Unfortunatley both sides will be throwing "statistics" and studies at each other until the end of time because neither side will ever back down. I guess we can just be glad knowing that right now the courts seem to be on our side.

These people have no problems lying to meet their agenda...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    These people have no problems lying to meet their agenda...
    Respectfully, I don't think most of them are lying...they honestly believe what they say...

I also believe they are the same people who totally support the "nanny" state mentality that is growing like a fungus in this country...the belief that the government is responsible for taking care of us, removing all "dangers" to make our lives safe...

These are the same people who want to ban all smoking (I'm a non-smoker, but if you want to, just don't blow it in my face and I'm happy)
    There are the same people who want to ban trans-fats so our "kids" won't get fat (Hey, try saying no as a parent)

These people don't accept personal responsibility...they want the government to do it...

Lying....Nah...

Weak, scared, sheep.... Yes
    Last edited by DaveJay; July 28th, 2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Spelling
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveJay View Post
    Respectfully, I don't think most of them are lying...they honestly believe what they say...

Lying....Nah...

Weak, scared, sheep.... Yes
    They believe what they say.

FWIIW the "...if someone gets mad and has a gun they will shoot someone" is the same projection [see: < http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ragi...elfdefense.htm >], which I hear from them all the time.

When they say "reasonable people" they believe it.

They believe their projection.

They believe their mantra.

OTOH, this piece was edited to present a very misleading picture -- which I believe they know in there heart-of-hearts was a misleading picture of the events of that day.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Yes, laws = safety. The more gun laws you have, the safer the criminal.

Cracks me up when that one guy talks about how a drug dealer can go in and buy a gun and then sell it to someone that is going to kill him or his friends. Pssssst......moron, that's illegal. They wouldn't do that.

And that music gives me the hankerin' to break out the ol' bong.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Links