Need some advice

Need some advice

This is a discussion on Need some advice within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a co-worker who i loaned some money. He had an emergency, and needed some cash quick. He came to me with an interesting ...

Thread: Need some advice

Need some advice

I have a co-worker who i loaned some money. He had an emergency, and needed some cash quick. He came to me with an interesting offer yesterday.

He has two revolvers, brand new, that he has never used. He wants to sell them, and figures since I'm a gun guy, maybe i would want one, and could put the money towards settling his debt.

Now, i don't want both. I just want one, just to have a revolver in my collection.

First one is a Taurus. Feels like solid stainless steel, with a rubber grip. Its a .357 Mag, but i have plenty of .38 Special for my dads Ruger Security Six, so ammo is no issue. Looks like it can take 8 rounds. Pic below:

The second is made my Dan Wesson Arms. Feels like stainless steel as well. This one has a wood grip, and overall feels alot lighter than the Taurus. Even with the longer barrel, its significantly lighter. This one is a 6 shot, also in .357 Mag. Pic below:

What do you guys think about either one of these? Any concerns? Bad reviews?

Ive not worked out pricing yet either, so if anyone has purchased either, or knows the going rate, i would appreciate it.

Thanks!
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson

I guess it would depend on how much money he owes you. Look them up to see what the going price is and make sure you go through an FFL. You could probably go to any gun dealer and they may be able to tell you what the going rate would be if you have the model and all the other info. As far as which one, whatever you like but I personally would take the Dan Wesson.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member
    I would take the Dan Wesson, but that also depends on how much it is.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I lean toward the Dan Wesson too. No idea of what it's worth, but that's easy enough to find out.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

If you figure out that both guns would resolve the debt take them both then you can sell as needed. I'd probably go with the Taurus, revolvers are what they seem to best at.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Dan Wesson.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    I guess it would depend on how much money he owes you. Look them up to see what the going price is and make sure you go through an FFL. You could probably go to any gun dealer and they may be able to tell you what the going rate would be if you have the model and all the other info. As far as which one, whatever you like but I personally would take the Dan Wesson.
    This.

Then when you look at the amount of money owed vs the cost of the Dan Wesson....

You get the Dan Wesson.

But I will admit....I am NOT a fan of Taurus...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    Dan Wesson hands down!!!!

It appears to be a model 15, regular barrel, 6in.(not a heavy/full underlug),can't tell if it has the vented rib from the picture.

I have the Dan Wesson 15-2VH,(vented heavy barrel), 6 inch. this revolver is probably Almost twice as valuable as the Taurus, which my father had, which is now in the possesion of my brother, which was blued, six in barrel length .
    The Dan Wesson will shoot circles around the Taurus; You will want it at all cost, especially if he is offering them for the same price toward the debt.
    here is a pic. of mine;
    Attached Images
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

My thoughts (worth a penny)......go with the Wesson for sure.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

The Dan Wesson, absolutely!
    This Jack Crow is no other Jack Crow.

GM
    Like other said, I guess it depends of how much he wants for the DW; I should not even consider getting the Taurus.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Thanks for the advise! I think i may be able to take both for about 500. If so, i think i may have gotten myself a nice little deal.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson

Sponsored Links