My Fathers 30-30 - Page 2

My Fathers 30-30

This is a discussion on My Fathers 30-30 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thanks to all of you and dimmak thank you for that scripture it helps. You guys are all great!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Fathers 30-30

Thanks to all of you and dimmak thank you for that scripture it helps. You guys are all great!
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    Buy your outstanding brother in law a firearm of equal value. Take him shoping and let him pick it out, it's the least you can do.

Jungle Work

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    everyone else has expressed the condolences on your daddy , I will touch on another issue . That is a Brother in law worth having , graciously accept his offer and try and pick him up something ( a firearm ) to fill the hole in his safe . A guy like that you want to keep arround and happy lol
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Parts Unknown
    sorry for your loss. now you have something that you can pass to your son. over the years i have had several family guns given to me. i must be the only one in the family that will not sale them to a pawn shop and they (the family) knows that they (the guns) are not going anywhere and are safe with me.

I have a Marlin 30-30 that I bought new 30years or so ago. It has some scars from riding in the gun rack of th pick-up & brush & stuff. I still work's as good as it did when it was new. My boy's love it as much as I do. I don't know wich one will end up with it but I know that it's next home will be as good as this one. To pass your fire arm's down to your childern is a joy that is hard to explain. I don't plan on doing it for a very long time but will do it myself before I pass (unless it's by acciden't or something). To keep them happy untill then I'll just buy them some.

Eugene, OR
    Nice. You do realize that you need to buy your BIL a replacement. And I would shoot it if I were you, that way it's like having your father with you for a great day at the range (or woods).

VIP Member
    Fork Union, Virginia
    I would offer 'something' for it. Your BIL would really appreciate some 'in kind' trade.

My father is still alive, so I don't have his firearms. However, I do have both of my grand fathers' guns, two of which hang over one of our fireplaces in our farmhouse. Every time I see them hanging there they bring back memories...............
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links