STI info

STI info

This is a discussion on STI info within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am somewhat new to the gun world, and am pretty familiar with most of the major brands of pistols. I have shot a lot ...

Thread: STI info

STI info

I am somewhat new to the gun world, and am pretty familiar with most of the major brands of pistols. I have shot a lot of different pistols in the last year or two, and after focusing my purchases in the home defense and cc area, I now want to try something different. I have been hearing a lot and seeing a lot of things about STI pistols lately, and don't know too much about them. They all seem sooo expensive it's crazy. Does anybody have one? or shot one? I like the idea of a long slide double stack mag 1911. What is the capacity with the double stack in .45 acp? I've been drooling over the eagle 6.0, I wish I could rent one at the local range. You usually get what you pay for I know but 2k for a pistol, I mean come on. I always shoot before I buy, and am not going to drop that much coin on something I know little about. I'm not serious about buying one, I just want to know more about them. Any info would be appreciated.
    When SHTF I don't call 911, I call 1911
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
    Kimber ultra carry II stainless steel
    HK uspc

You won't be disappointed. They pretty much rule USPSA. If you go to a match, I'm sure someone will let you put a few rounds downrange. I'm not a fan, but you'll see a lot of them in Limited and Open Divisons.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

A couple of years ago, I was fortunate enough to tour the STI factory in Georgetown, TX. It is about half way between Austin and Killeen, right by the airport. STI is a good company, with good people, and good products. I don't shoot USPSA but I can see why they pretty rule. More than once, I've been tempted to have a custom build from them.

I had always heard very good things about STI, and then I was considering getting a Shadow which is a very new model, but it appears that it still has some bugs.
    Last edited by GM; July 30th, 2010 at 02:14 PM.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    I've been drooling over this (GP5):

I don't need it. I just want it.
    'Clinging to my guns and religion

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links