Looking for Good Gun Stores in Ohio...

This is a discussion on Looking for Good Gun Stores in Ohio... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey guys. My new job has taken me from the flat plains of Oklahoma to the rolling hills of northeastern Ohio. I'm here for the ...

Thread: Looking for Good Gun Stores in Ohio...

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout

Question Looking for Good Gun Stores in Ohio...

Hey guys. My new job has taken me from the flat plains of Oklahoma to the rolling hills of northeastern Ohio. I'm here for the next year or so.

Does anyone on this forum know of any good gun shops in the Canton area? Obviously, I'm looking for a shop with decent prices and good selection. But, I'm also hoping to find a shop (or two) that does lay-aways.

Thanks everyone.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Hmm... can't help you much with gun stores in that area, but if you want advice on where to look for homes and such, I grew up in that general area. There is a tiny little shop in the next county west, Medina. They do not have much of a selection, so there isnt much tire kicking going on. However, they are very friendly and will get a hold of anything that you want for a fair price.
    "Just blame Sixto"

You're a couple hours from Columbus Ohio, and one of the major gun retailers in the midwest, Vance's. They carry a big selection of handguns, rifles, shotguns...you name it. And they supply a lot of agencies, so they usually have a great selection of lightly used duty weapons at low prices.

I'll throw my hat in the ring for Vances as well, I usually make a drive or two up there while on leave, and their prices beat a lot of the local stores, even when you throw in the added gas prices. I also know they do layaway

Also, I have never bought there, but a lot of my NE Ohio friends really like Fin, Feather, Fur, in Ashland. I've been in a few times, prices aren't too bad, pretty good selection, good sales staff last time I was in.

On a side note, Canton is one of the many high school crazy towns in Ohio. And I mean crazy, they usually have a good team too. You might want to check out a game some Friday night. Ohio high school football is amazing (yeah, I'm biased, but I played it on a nationally ranked team).
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    I'll throw my hat in the ring for Vances as well, I usually make a drive or two up there while on leave, and their prices beat a lot of the local stores, even when you throw in the added gas prices. I also know they do layaway

Also, I have never bought there, but a lot of my NE Ohio friends really like Fin, Feather, Fur, in Ashland. I've been in a few times, prices aren't too bad, pretty good selection, good sales staff last time I was in.

On a side note, Canton is one of the many high school crazy towns in Ohio. And I mean crazy, they usually have a good team too. You might want to check out a game some Friday night. Ohio high school football is amazing (yeah, I'm biased, but I played it on a nationally ranked team).

Ill back this post up. Vances/Buckeye Outdoors is huge. Ive bought most of my firearms there. They have really good prices on Ammo too. Usually better then the local gunshows and definitely better then Wal-Mart.When buying items at the back counter though, be prepared to wait. They are so popular, you have to take a number. Most of the guys who work at Vances are fairly knowledgeable, but you can tell they are not internet readers.

Fin Feather Fur is the only place ive seen that has some prices lower then Vances, and they have ridiculous amounts and variety of Ammo.

I also love Canton. I try to get up to the Pro Football Hall of Fame at least once a year for the Inductions.

Up towards Brecksville and Broadview Hts (at I-77 and Rt 82) is Stonewall. Not as "nice" as Vance's but they have a range and pretty nice selection of stuff. Prices seemed reasonable as well.

I actually just bought a Glock 19 at Vance's about 2 weeks ago. This was a Tuesday night... and I had to take a number and wait about 20 minutes to talk to a sales rep. They had 4-5 guys working the counter too. All the guys behind the counter seem to know their stuff as I overheard lots of the conversations while waiting and walking around.

I recommend Stonewall and its not too far north of Canton. Also Look up B&T Shooting Supplies. They have a store in Middlebburg Heights off route 71 thats not too far from you.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Administrator
    I forgot about Fin Feather and Fur. That is a good place. I still stop off there on my way to pheasant hunts and such. They always have what I need and a whole lot of what I dont too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Kames Sporting Goods is in that area and has a nice selection of firearms to boot. They also offer layayay. A bit further North is Pro Gun and Armament in Cuyahoga Falls, which not only has a nice firearms selection, but they, too, offer layaway. Pro Gun also has an indoor firing range downstairs which is an added bonus. Both are nice stores with knowledgeable staffs.
    "Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice; ammo is cheap, life is expensive."

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    You guys are awesome. Thanks.

I should have posted this yesterday, so you can browse the goods. Vances posts thier monthly ads online in pdf file, too

http://vanceoutdoors.com/

http://www.finfeatherfuroutfitters.com/

Here's a bunch of back and forth

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=726741

Good place here http://www.proarmament.com/contact.html 18 miles from CAK
    Last edited by Catalina; August 5th, 2010 at 10:10 PM. Reason: added

Kames in North Canton and Pro Armament in Cuyahoga Falls are both excellent.

Also, if you go south to Coshocton (about 1 hour south of Canton) is Woodbury Outfitters! I've gotten 4 handguns and my AR from them. They have excellent prices and the staff is awesome. They sell a lot of guns on GunBroker and that's how I've gotten my best deals. Buy at the online auction and then drive down to pick it up.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Sea...813&Country=++
    Member of:
    National Rifle Association
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    Ohioans for Concealed Carry
    Defensive Carry
    United States Conceal Carry Association

I have to throw my hat in the bullring for VANCE'S too. I've bought 2 handguns there and loads of ammo.

Delware, OH has one of the few 5-star rated indoor shooting ranges in the state called BLACKWING SHOOTING CENTER. Has an excellent selection of rifles, handguns, apparel, safes, EVERYTHING!
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

i am from canton and i second everythin said here. fin, feather and fur is awesome, kames is awesome as well. and yes, football is huge there!
    MC3 (SW) Hall

Links