Holy Toledo batman

This is a discussion on Holy Toledo batman within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've about cracked up looking for a "missing" gun, only to dig in the safe deeper and find it. BTW keep a copy of gun ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holy Toledo batman

VIP Member
    I've about cracked up looking for a "missing" gun, only to dig in the safe deeper and find it.

BTW keep a copy of gun inventory sheet somewhere else, not at your house. Other than a nominal amount of bullets I won't keep them in the safe again. When they cook off from a fire they sort of negate the fireproofing that was in my safe. What a mess........... and I hate that I know this information too late.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

Yeah, I have that problem too. Inventory...... let's see.....yep it's still here - on my hip!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I've about cracked up looking for a "missing" gun, only to dig in the safe deeper and find it.

BTW keep a copy of gun inventory sheet somewhere else, not at your house. Other than a nominal amount of bullets I won't keep them in the safe again. When they cook off from a fire they sort of negate the fireproofing that was in my safe. What a mess........... and I hate that I know this information too late.
    Good advice, and I do all of the above. I have photo's (the printed kind) and all the information of all my guns stored both at my house and a friends. I do the same for him in return. As for the ammo thing, the safe is a two sided vault. I try to keep it strictly ammo, but needed some overflow space.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    I was panicked for you reading that buddy.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Senior Moderator
    I'm with ya SIXTO. BTDT.

I have two completely full safes and I really need at least two more. I'm seriously thinking of having one safe dedicated to handguns alone.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Holy hole in the donut Batman! Count me as one who wishes I had your problem.

I'll rent you some space in my safe - cheap. I have plenty of room...
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Administrator
    It isnt about how many guns I have, its about keeping track of them. (But, working for one of the largest firearm retailers in the country and knowing a lot of people in the industry has been good to my collection) I made an error that could have cost me everything.
    "Just blame Sixto"

It's called "Sometimers", and it happens all the time as you age...you're just startin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I only have one gun safe,but really need two,and I have had a few WTH is that gun moments
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I only have one gun safe,but really need two,and I have had a few WTH is that gun moments
    I've found brand new shotguns and 10/22's in their boxes that I've forgotten I'd bought. That has happened a few times.
    "Just blame Sixto"

My wife mentioned that we need another gun safe the other day. She says mine is getting too full. (Not really mind you) So I asked her why we needed another safe. She said, "For the new guns we are going to get." What, huh, say wha, did you, guns, new, huh, what the. Where is my wife and what did you do with her? I think I have created a monster that I cannot afford to feed.

Glad you found your missing toy.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    I have way too many guns that I never shoot. I need to sell off at least 6 rifles, 4 shotguns, and 5 handguns.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I've found brand new shotguns and 10/22's in their boxes that I've forgotten I'd bought. That has happened a few times.
    If you're having trouble feeding them, or keeping tabs on them, let me know...I think I can help.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Buying guns can become a disease. It is easy to end up with way more guns that you really need, if you have the necessary disposable income.

I'm going to have to make it a project to reduce my gun collection between now and the end of this year. I would say that at least a third of my collection really needs to go at this point.

I would hold off on selling them if I thought that the economy was going to come back anytime in the near future. Problem is, though, I doubt that is going to happen. Instead, things are probably going to get significantly worse. There is no light at the end of the tunnel currently. Only darkness ahead.

I had an episode recently when moving and I was convinced I threw a Beretta 21 in the trash with some boxes I was using to move. I found it in the house where it belonged (after digging through the trash). I have a hidden wall safe, 3 long gun safes, 2 pistol lockers, and a fast-access safe next to the bed. SIXTOs right. Working in the business makes for a big gun collection after a while.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links