Defensive Carry banner

Holy Toledo batman

4K views 44 replies 34 participants last post by  OldLincoln 
#1 ·
I just got done inventorying my gun safes. Its something I do every so often to make sure everything is where it is supposed to be and there is no problems that need to be addressed.

I have three safes at home, one is for collector guns, the second is for guns I use and shoot regularly and the other is for overflow and ammo. I have others "offsite" for some high dollar rare items. Sometimes, guns will get moved from their normal storage spots for whatever reason. I log this on a spreadsheet I have to keep track of whats what and where it is.

So anyway, the only safe that is opened on a regular basis is the small long gun safe that I keep my shooters in. My son loves to help me inspect them, so thats what we are doing this rainy afternoon. After we are through putting everything back in its place, he says "Dad, where that black machine gun that goes here?" ( He's little... everything that is not wood stocked is a machine gun) Pointing to the fourth slot.

Crap! My Rock River Elite is missing! I about blew a gasket. Check my inventory... yup, its supposed to be in there. What the heck... I'm meticulous about how my guns are stored. Brain storm... what did I do with it? Did I leave it at the range last time I was out there? No, somebody would have called. Its a private range, nobody would steal from me... would they? Crap... did somebody get into my safe? Why didn't they take the rest? The AR is on the lower end of values in here... Maybe they just wanted an AR. Nah.. it was still locked. You need a combo to lock and unlock this safe. Nobody got in here. Did I leave it on the bench in the workshop? Nah, I would have known it was there. I have been working on several other projects all summer. Maybe I left in the rack in my gun closet... yeah, thats where it has to be. Nope. The rack is empty except my Hawken I've been tinkering with.

Crap crap crapola. How could I be so careless?

What a minute. I was going to buy a new one last month, but never did. Wait... did I... Yup. I did. I moved it over to my other safe to make room for my new purchase that I never made. Whew.

That was about ten minutes of pure panic all because I didn't follow my own rules.:tired:

See less See more
#40 ·
Thought for a moment there that the butler had done it. Such a problem. Too many guns to keep up with. What's the world coming to?

#44 ·
Well speaking of safes. My brother just picked up a nice one and my dad just put one on layaway. Meaning, I will have a lot more room in mine for more 'cause I can't stanz an empty spot. :image035:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.