Teacher wants a gun

Teacher wants a gun

This is a discussion on Teacher wants a gun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm pretty open about concealed carry and try to teach people it's better to have a gun and not need it than need it and ...

Teacher wants a gun

I'm pretty open about concealed carry and try to teach people it's better to have a gun and not need it than need it and not have it,therefore I have people I know that every now and then ask me about firearms and which ones are the best in a certain price range.I had a friend(School Teacher) ask me about 9mm,prices etc.I told him next time we would be at the same meeting give me a headsup and I would bring several different platforms and explain pros and cons of each one.I will try to steer him into either a Glock or an XD,due to ease of operation and almost flawless performance
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

It's just good to hear that a "teacher" wants a gun. I'm sure you'll steer him in the right direction..... to the "right".
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" Gen. George Patton

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'm pretty open about concealed carry and try to teach people it's better to have a gun and not need it than need it and not have it,therefore I have people I know that every now and then ask me about firearms and which ones are the best in a certain price range.I had a friend(School Teacher) ask me about 9mm,prices etc.I told him next time we would be at the same meeting give me a headsup and I would bring several different platforms and explain pros and cons of each one.I will try to steer him into either a Glock or an XD,due to ease of operation and almost flawless performance
    I try to be fairly open about CC myself. I've been talking about it with one of my co-workers who is trying to decide between a Glock or a M&P9c!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Nice!

Just because a "teacher" wishes to have a firearm doesn't mean that all teachers are anti and sometimes change their mind.

At the very least, I think that a lot of folks who were not really gun-friendly are starting to see that having/owing one doesn't make you some nut who wishes to shoot everyone in sight. It's that anti rhetoric put forth to try to demonize those who really do care about self defense and having the correct tools to do so.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Yes,I'm working on some female members in the group throwing out hints that if they want to learn to shoot I would be willing to teach them my guns my ammo,one of these days someone will.There was a news story about a jogger being attacked on a running trail
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

The left arent so left any more in some circles, due to the way the world is going to hades in a handbag. Good for you educating others and making them see the light.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

That's very good to hear duk...

Another one considering accepting responsibility for their own safety is always a good thing!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Well, being a teacher myself, I've been into guns of one kind or another since I was two years old. Got pictures to prove it. There are numerous teachers at my highschool who are into guns. One tall, very attractive, young English teacher likes to spend her weekend shooting a Desert Eagle .50AE. A couple of others, like myself, are collectors.

As to the 9mm question: I would suggest the BHP or the Kahr CW9. Both good pistols depending on what you want to do with them. A little high on the price spectrum are the Sig 226 X-5 or the S&W 952-2. Both are great shooters. If you want something idiot proof and goes bang when you pull the trigger, look at the Glock 19. Maybe not totally idiot proof but it will go bang for sure.

GM
    That sounds very good. However, I should not try to steer him into any specific platform, I should let him decide by himself after trying them. What is easy to operate for me might be difficult for you and vice versa, and you do not necessarily need to like what I like.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I'm gonna recommend guns in the price range he quoted me,between me and a couple friends,he can handle just about every 9mm platform in the 3 to 450.00 price range,I personally would steer people who are not going to shoot a lot and get to really know a weapon platform into a gun with a manual thumb safety,seen to many videos where people forget to take the safety off and can't figure out in that 1 second what happened before the BG vshoots and kills them.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911PKR;1726319[B
    ]It's just good to hear that a "teacher" wants a gun.[/B] I'm sure you'll steer him in the right direction..... to the "right".
    If you were to visit a teacher get-together in our area (not on school grounds, of course), you'd be out-gunned.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Nice!

Just because a "teacher" wishes to have a firearm doesn't mean that all teachers are anti and sometimes change their mind.

At the very least, I think that a lot of folks who were not really gun-friendly are starting to see that having/owing one doesn't make you some nut who wishes to shoot everyone in sight
    . It's that anti rhetoric put forth to try to demonize those who really do care about self defense and having the correct tools to do so.
    ^^^^^^^^^^This ^^^^^^^^^is very true^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A friend of our family for over 30 years, has always Had a habit of Kidding us in a friendly way about guns and such,
    Hunting/protection in general.
    He recently got a divorce, and around the same time his mother passed.
    Good timing; he moved into his moms old house( the same he grew up in). Well, now it seems the Dynamics of the neighborhood has changed, to the point where he is beginning to "see the light".
    My brother and nephew have taken him to the range , and began teaching him safe handling, and how to shoot a pistol. He is now interested, and is in the process of buying a firearm of his own.
    He is now 51 years old, so its never to late for some.

Here's to alcohol - the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems. -Homer Simpson
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links