40 and 50 yard g26 groups

This is a discussion on 40 and 50 yard g26 groups within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just wanted to post some pics of my practice session this evening. For me it is important to be able to make my defensive weapon ...

Thread: 40 and 50 yard g26 groups

40 and 50 yard g26 groups

Just wanted to post some pics of my practice session this evening. For me it is important to be able to make my defensive weapon as versatile as possible. Sometimes distance between us an d the BG can be the difference between life and death, and to be able to hit him when he cant hit you tilts the odds in our favor. Here are some of my pics taken grom 40 and 50 yard, supported offhand fire with a g26.pic3.jpgpic2.jpgpic1.jpg The middle pic is what the target looked like from either 40 or 50 yards. Of course, I did miss a few times, but I put my g26 in the pic for reference . The targets are 12inch by 12 inch card board. All shooting done offhand from standing positions.

2. Remove Ads

I am beginning a book, aimed at new shooters and those new to defensive pistol craft, to get rid of misconceptions and myths concerning defensive skills and tactics. My wife has agreed to help me film the long distance shooting , which I will post here, as I believe it adds credibility to my claims of distance shooting. I am doing this because I think people limit themselves too much, and I want to show that anyone can do this.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Good work. I hope your truck was not parked there while shooting!

I would welcome to read anything you write-up.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    Good work. I hope your truck was not parked there while shooting!

I would welcome to read anything you write-up.
    Yes, my truck was parked there while shooting, but there was more distance between the truck and target than it looks like. The left rear wheel of the truck is on the 15 yard line, and the truck is actually about 10 yard left of the target.

Good shooting...You are an LEO, you probably would need such skills at some point and time. Joe Citizen would most likely have some splainin to do if he was taking a 40-50 yd shot at a threat with a handgun. If BG is 40-50 yds away...I am retreating. That being said I do practice at those ranges with my handgun as well to see what it is capable of and know what my limits are personally.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Good shooting...You are an LEO, you probably would need such skills at some point and time. Joe Citizen would most likely have some splainin to do if he was taking a 40-50 yd shot at a threat with a handgun. If BG is 40-50 yds away...I am retreating. That being said I do practice at those ranges with my handgun as well to see what it is capable of and know what my limits are personally.
    Believe me, my agency does not stress shooting skills at this distance. And I feel that this is just as relevant to a ccw holder as it is to a lawman, maybe even more so. I feel very strongly that practice at distance is a tool in your box of tools that is VERY necessary. A retreat to safety is recommended for joe citizen, but what if the aggresor will not comply, and follows you? Bullets flying in your direction are just as dangerous at 40 yards as the magic 7-15 yards. The criminal element does not read FBI statistics. Now, it has been said by the late great Jeff Cooper that the rifle is the queen of the battle. But what happens if her majesty is home asleep in her safe? Or, worse yet, the bad guy has a queen of his own. Now the rules have changed, and your taking this guy down from a distance is totally justified. By shooting distance at practice sessions, you will have more confidence in yourself and the piece you carry, and you have greatly extended the versatility of your sidearm. Not knocking anyones ideology of defensive pistol craft, just saying if you are buying tools for the tool box, dont forget the adjustable wrench.

I shoot at 5" steel spinner targets from 30 and 35 yards with my Ruger P95 and XD40sc. I've been surprised how many hits I've been able to get with practice over time. It's just for fun more than anything (and for practice shooting groundhogs) as most of my SD practice is at 10, 15, and 20 yards. I think most folks would be surprised if they worked at it. I'll be interested to read more and watch your videos.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I agree it is a tool you should be at least somewhat familiar with. But only after making a real effort to get away. Some states do not have a requirement to make an effort to retreat. MOst do though. I was just saying if I can end the gun battle by not playing anymore, then that is my first option. I actually work in a LE environment (probation officer) and the courts so I totally understand where you are coming from. Just a topic of conversation.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

That's some excellent shooting sir! Good luck with the book. As a new shooter, i'm always looking for knowlegde.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis50 View Post
    That's some excellent shooting sir! Good luck with the book. As a new shooter, i'm always looking for knowlegde.
    Google long range handgunning, it will pull up many good references.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Links