Taurus Model 94

Taurus Model 94

This is a discussion on Taurus Model 94 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I carry a Model 85 and Model 605. I looked for a .22lr for practice. My choices were the Charter Arms Pathfinder or the Taurus ...

Thread: Taurus Model 94

Taurus Model 94

I carry a Model 85 and Model 605. I looked for a .22lr for practice. My choices were the Charter Arms Pathfinder or the Taurus Model 94. I settled on the Model 94 with a 2" barrel in stainless steel. My wife and I spent a couple of hours at the range this morning.

The trigger pull is rough on this. I've not heard good but I figured it couldn't be too bad in single action and maybe the trigger pull would ease up with use.

Well after about 100 rounds the trigger pull did indeed seem to get easier. Maybe my arm was getting stronger. I did try dry firing a bit this evening and the trigger pull does seem to have eased. My wife was able to shoot this one da/sa without difficulties.

Sweet little pistol. I'm satisfied.

I rented one at a range several years ago and really enjoyed it. As with most revolvers, the trigger pull will smooth out, but those pesky rim fires require a stout spring for reliable ignition. Cool little guns. Enjoy, john

Does the manual say you can dry fire the 94? I don't know, that's why I'm asking. A lot of rimfires shouldn't be, but more modern designes are safe. Just make sure yours is.

Personally what I do, even with guns are are DF safe is to simply "ride the hammer down." Thumb cock the pistol, hold the hammer, pull the trigger, and "ride the hammer down." It works the action the same as DF, but doesn't slam any parts together. And I don't get that annoying "CLACK."

Enjoy your new "toy." I was tempted to buy one once, but went with a Ruger Bearcat instead.
    For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

Agree, I'll keep the dry fire to a minimum. Besides after that 100 rounds or so the action is fairly smooth and doesn't require a lot of effort. It's almost as smooth as my Sportsman.

I was going to post a photo of it dirty but didn't. I spent Friday cleaning guns. I'll try to get motivated and post a photo this weekend. Yep, it sure is a sweet little pistol.

GM
    Glad you enjoy it.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Sponsored Links