S&W rant.... - Page 3

S&W rant....

This is a discussion on S&W rant.... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So an update for those intrested. I'm 26 days and counting. Nothing from smith and wesson. Nothing sent to my dealer. I talked to them ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S&W rant....

So an update for those intrested. I'm 26 days and counting. Nothing from smith and wesson. Nothing sent to my dealer. I talked to them last Monday was promised it two days later and nothing since. They have ignored calls and emails from dealer and myself.

I say go with your gut...call an LE Glock dealer, and be happy. Make sure you tell Smith they lost another sale to Glock.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    When I buy a new gun,I pay half down,and get an EXACT delivery date.If the dealer does not produce,OR have a really good reason,I call my credit card company,go elsewhere.I spent too many decades on the business side of the counter to put up with bad customer service.Nobody is doing you a favor to sell you something,you are the customer.

I think I would go buy a Glock instead.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Quote Originally Posted by TWO GUNS View Post
    I think I would go buy a Glock instead.
    Well now that CBS 3 Springfield and the local ATF is involved I may wait couple more days. But they send my dealer something. Bad thing is no tracking info. So he doesn't know what's coming when through who or anything. No one will call or email the dealer or me. Mr upton handles shipping, I have spoken to and now getting nothing from the die of the LE division Bryan James. I even contacted the CEO mike golden. Any one have a Texas glock reps contact info

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by davinHD View Post
    Well now that CBS 3 Springfield and the local ATF is involved I may wait couple more days. But they send my dealer something. Bad thing is no tracking info. So he doesn't know what's coming when through who or anything. No one will call or email the dealer or me. Mr upton handles shipping, I have spoken to and now getting nothing from the die of the LE division Bryan James. I even contacted the CEO mike golden. Any one have a Texas glock reps contact info
    I really wish you good luck; things like that should not happen.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Call GLOCK directly and ask for LE sales. Their number is (770) 432-1202.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

So an update for those intrested. I'm 26 days and counting. Nothing from smith and wesson. Nothing sent to my dealer. I talked to them last Monday was promised it two days later and nothing since. They have ignored calls and emails from dealer and myself.
    Dave? silly to ask this BUT did YOU fill out one of (or any of the REQUIRED FORMS pertaining to your purchase as a LEO) ) these forms in order to make your LEO [purchase?
    If you did, then all is well, and maybe Smith is backlogged with LEO purchases.
    If you DIDN'T then this MAY be why you're not getting you gun yet.
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...4_757787_image
    Maybe you might think I'm full of BS here, but I DO know a little about how it works.
    I posted an reply to your post and sent you a link to a couple of offices at Smith that handle LEO purchases. Did you call them? is your "dealer" on their (S&W) LEO Dealer list?
    I think your rant it valid, BUT it seems you're kinda stepping on toes that you shouldn't be stepping on (CBS, S&W CEO, etc) . If ANYTHING, go back to your "DEALER" and get your money back, THEN go to another dealer, if you wish to get a S&W gun, especially if that's all your Agency will allow you to carry.
    First of all, you most likely could have had your Dept's Firearms officer (or Armorer) ORDER the gun thru THEIR source, and have you fill out the proper forms at the dept's office. You left out a great deal of information in your first posting, and I'm at a loss as to understand why you're having so much trouble with the purchase
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Dave? What the heck is "the TH" I see a couple others have asked who this dealer/dsitributor is and you've not answered the question. Something sounds strange to me, unless you bought this gun from somebody on an auction site or similar. I know of only two or three S&W Law Enforcment dealer/distributors in Texas. With that, where/who exactly did you buy the gun from?? I worked at Sigarms for a while and I KNOW, just like S&W, that they HAVE PLENTY of inventory for those "just in case" type times. You're not telling the whole story here, and ALL of us, who are trying to help you, deserve to know
    If you're a LEO, and you're going thru the Officer purchase type program, you probably didn't fill out the paperwork, or didn't process some other type of form in order to get the gun. HOW MUCH DID THIS GUN COST YOU? Retail? Wholesale? LEO price? etc.
    BTW, something stinks here.....NO TRACKING INFO? What the heck is that? I know of NOBODY that would ship a handgun (it IS a handgun right?) WITHOUT a TRACKING NUMBER..and they, by FEDERAL LAW MUST SHIP HANDGUNS OVERNIGHT.
    If it's a long gun, well, they can ship UPS standard shipping, BUT either way, they WILL have a tracking number.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    Dave? What the heck is "the TH" I see a couple others have asked who this dealer/dsitributor is and you've not answered the question.
    Actually, he has. He meant to type "the 29th."

Anyway, there's nothing that makes me madder than getting a runaround from someone. It doesn't matter if it's an individual or a business.

Not long ago, I had night sights put in my new (to me) Springfield 1911. The guy assured me on the phone that they were in stock and that it would take a "couple of days, tops, but possibly by the next day." So I took it in on a Thursday evening. I called the next afternoon and was told, "We've installed the rear but we don't have the front. It'll be in sometime next week." So I called the next Friday and was told, "It's in, but they're really busy right now." Excuse me, but......I TOOK MY GUN OVER THERE EIGHT DAYS AGO BECAUSE I WAS TOLD THAT THE PART WAS IN STOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So to make a long story short, a job that was to take a "couple of day, tops" turned out to be eight days and I strongly suspect that the guy on the phone was instructed to tell me that they were in stock when he went to check, so they could go ahead and secure my business.

This happens all over the Internet, as well. You'll see an item listed as "in stock," you go ahead and order it online, then you get informed that "it'll be in sometime next month."

So yeah, businesses are sometimes a bit too antsy to secure your money so they tell you a "little white lie" to get you to bite.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Ok, now I know he ordered the gun the 29th of July. I also see he said it was a "LE ORDER' so that also tells me he had/has to sign paperwork, and get approval from his Firearms Officer, Armorer, or Chief in order to get the gun from S&W. They (the Mfgr) won't send anything unless all the paperwork is in order.
    That is why I posted the info via hotlinks above in my other posts , to the paperwork part of the order for his gun.
    I've had a couple people, who special ordered a couple Sig p238s in the SAS configuration, recently call me about their order. They were paid in full, and YES, I am unable to tell them an EXACT date of delivery, because one of several things are ongoing
    1. Sig is backlogged on the guns, due to demand
    2. Sig MIGHT have another Agency order onging, so they're POSSIBLY devoted to filling that order.
    3. Sig is WAYYYYYY too busy trying to FIX their Screwups (and yes, they have a LOT OF THEM to fix)
    (BTW a few of you on here have had to send your p238 back for recall/ refit/ RECOIL SPRING work or other issues ongoing with the 238 and other guns they make)
    With the OPs problem with Smith, they (S&W) might be having to fill other LEO orders and they're filling orders as they arrive

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    Ok, now I know he ordered the gun the 29th of July. I also see he said it was a "LE ORDER' so that also tells me he had/has to sign paperwork, and get approval from his Firearms Officer, Armorer, or Chief in order to get the gun from S&W. They (the Mfgr) won't send anything unless all the paperwork is in order.
    That is why I posted the info via hotlinks above in my other posts , to the paperwork part of the order for his gun.
    I've had a couple people, who special ordered a couple Sig p238s in the SAS configuration, recently call me about their order. They were paid in full, and YES, I am unable to tell them an EXACT date of delivery, because one of several things are ongoing
    1. Sig is backlogged on the guns, due to demand
    2. Sig MIGHT have another Agency order onging, so they're POSSIBLY devoted to filling that order.
    3. Sig is WAYYYYYY too busy trying to FIX their Screwups (and yes, they have a LOT OF THEM to fix)
    (BTW a few of you on here have had to send your p238 back for recall/ refit/ RECOIL SPRING work or other issues ongoing with the 238 and other guns they make)
    With the OPs problem with Smith, they (S&W) might be having to fill other LEO orders and they're filling orders as they arrive
    Let's not say anything bad about S&W,we'll just bash Sig.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    I'm a bit surprised that a LEO would behave in public like this, and create such a spectacle. Do we actually have any real confirmation at all that any of this story is indeed true??

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    I'm a bit surprised that a LEO would behave in public like this, and create such a spectacle. Do we actually have any real confirmation at all that any of this story is indeed true??
    Where I work, we are offered "Pro Deals" on guns that we wish to purchase. These deals, are VERY similar to a LEO order. We (the Employeee) places the order DIRECTLY TO THE MFGR with a form we fill out (similar to the LEO order) and we usually have to wait about 4-6 weeks BEFORE the gun is delivered to us (we get the guns at about or below LEO price) I think at this point in time, Dave's gun should be arriving any time soon (that's IF Dave did all the paperwork correctly)
    Personally, I've NEVER had a problem with S&W, Glock, Ruger Beretta, etc in getting what I want via the Pro Deal method. We have LEOs that place the SAME typeof order as Dave did, and they have NO problem getting their guns.
    I hate to think we all got "sucked in" with the Thread, but my "Spydee Sense" tells me something is not right.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links