S&W rant....

S&W rant....

This is a discussion on S&W rant.... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; my first impression is horrible! i ordered and paid for a M&P on the Th and now three weeks later still nothing, no word from ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W rant....

S&W rant....

my first impression is horrible! i ordered and paid for a M&P on the Th and now three weeks later still nothing, no word from the dealer cuz they cant get any word from anyone there, i posted on there facebook my unhappiness and get a manager to look in to it and get the dealer and higher up to only fall dead in the water AGAIN.... i mean to disrespect to the loyal and happy S&W folks but i got screwed. there summer shut down is poorly thought out with not safe guards to not leave the customer wondering. i own glocks and was leaning too S&W but later may call glock and see if they can do what S&W cant do so far.....

Who did you buy from? I don't know what "on the Th" means. Unless you're an FFL you didn't buy directly from S+W, so your rant should be directed at your retailer or distributor.

FWIW, I just checked the Davidson's "Gun Genie", and most M+P models have plenty of stock. You might be getting a baloney excuse from whoever it is you're buying from.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I concur with Smitty.

Biker

VIP Member
    It has been my experience that DEALERS LIE! They take orders for guns they know they know they will have problems getting. This maybe due to any number of business related issues between them and their distributors. Perhaps they are required to buy a minimum number of units, or they can't agree on a price, or perhaps they just don't pay their bills on time. Or, it may actually be hard to find. Who knows?

Either way, a disreputable dealer will string you along FOREVER. If the model you are interested in is readily available online, it should be available to a local dealer. Do more shopping and don't be afraid to cancel an order if they can't fill it in a reasonable amount of time.

Just my $.02 worth.

Good luck!
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Call S&W...

1-800-331-0852 (USA)
    Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM Eastern Time

They can't sell to you direct, but they'll very likely be able to point you to a dealer who has what you want.

S&W has excellent customer service. I lost a guide rod and recoil spring while cleaning my pistol near a lake, and both went to the bottom, offshore. I told S&W what happened on the phone, and the guy said, "next time keep yer back to the water.... what's your address." the sent me both, no charge.
    NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
    Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
    USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys....

Sponsor
    S&W is a top rated Customer Service business. Dealer speak with forked tongue. Find new dealer.

www.TigerHolsterSystems.com www.TigerRacingProducts.com
    Tiger Holster Systems
    Peace of Mind at Arms Reach

GM
    I agree with gasmitty, unless you are an FFL you can not buy directly from S&W, and then they cannot be blamed. What is the name of the dealer? I think that we all should appreciate very much if you could say it. I do not know what “Th” is; what is it?
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    S&W is currently on a two week vacation, so responses may be delayed.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

S&W is not to blame for this.

Sounds like your dealer's wholesaler doesn't have it in stock. Call around and see if you can get it elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    I agree with gasmitty, unless you are an FFL you can not buy directly from S&W, and then they cannot be blamed. What is the name of the dealer? I think that we all should appreciate very much if you could say it. I do not know what “Th” is; what is it?
    It was "on the 29th"
    This is a LE direct order and the dealer can't get any direction from S&W.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    FWIW, I just checked the Davidson's "Gun Genie", and most M+P models have plenty of stock.
    +1 I ordered my M&P through their website on a Saturday. It was at the local shop on Tuesday. Plus, they have their own life time replacement warranty.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

Quote Originally Posted by davinHD View Post
    S&W is screwing the dealer around.
    Have you heard the calls with S&W screwing the dealer around, seen a letter or email or fax? Sounds like the dealer is screwing you around, placing the blame on S&W since they are both closed and therefore difficult to get ahold of to rant..

A retailer not having stock is most likely a wholesale problem, not manufacturing.

My dad just purchased one 2 weeks ago from an LGS and had no problem. Nor when he asked about getting the side safety in it did they give him any flack about ordering it in. so sounds like a bad situation that is not S&W fault.
    Carry-S&W 642
    HD-Remington 870

The Dalai Lama:"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

GM
    It was "on the 29th"
    This is a LE direct order and the dealer can't get any direction from S&W.
    So sad that something like that should happen you. I should try to contact S&W and explain them the situation; I had to do with them before and they were very helpful. Make sure that it is not your FFL dealer that is messing around. Did you consider canceling the order and getting your money back? I hope you can get your M&P very soon.

BTW, welcome to the forum
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    my first impression is horrible! i ordered and paid for a M&P on the Th and now three weeks later still nothing, no word from the dealer cuz they cant get any word from anyone there, i posted on there facebook my unhappiness and get a manager to look in to it and get the dealer and higher up to only fall dead in the water AGAIN.... i mean to disrespect to the loyal and happy S&W folks but i got screwed. there summer shut down is poorly thought out with not safe guards to not leave the customer wondering. i own glocks and was leaning too S&W but later may call glock and see if they can do what S&W cant do so far.....
    Company shutdowns such as this are not uncommon, and it was posted on the S&W website and elsewhere they would be closed for vacation on specified dates (2 weeks). It's no different than not being able to contact a store after posted closing times.

If your dealer really wanted to make the sale, he'd have contacted other dealers and found you this firearm, just a car dealers do when a certain make/color isn't on the lot.
    Quit whining, check other sources, look elsewhere. You're blaming the gun maker for your dealer's lack of effort to satisfy his customer--you.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links