New Ram Pickup has optional Gun Rack, built into the box.. Check this out

This is a discussion on New Ram Pickup has optional Gun Rack, built into the box.. Check this out within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Can hold 2 rifles or 2 shotguns, or 6 fishing poles! this is pretty sweet. http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/...ck/?test=faces...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Ram Pickup has optional Gun Rack, built into the box.. Check this out

Can hold 2 rifles or 2 shotguns, or 6 fishing poles! this is pretty sweet.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/...ck/?test=faces

thats awesome!

Too bad i'll never buy a dodge... or any American made car for that matter...

VIP Member
    Very cool. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want it. Although, I'd be concerned that thieves target and pop those lids with monotonous regularity. Something like that would be a wonderful project for an ol' beater truck in a location that hasn't been broadcast to the masses....

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Very cool. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want it. Although, I'd be concerned that thieves target and pop those lids with monotonous regularity. Something like that would be a wonderful project for an ol' beater truck in a location that hasn't been broadcast to the masses....
    Yea I was wondering too how much it would take to pry that open. Can't get a very good look at the lock, but nice idea though.

Excellent idea for transport rather than any long term storage.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Great idea. I hope it doesn't leak.

I just sold my Dodge Ram. 57K miles. Cracked dashboard, replaced power window motor, creak in power steering, sunglass door latch broken. A/C evaporator leaked freon.
    I now have a Honda.

I saw that add.

I'd want the rifles pointing the other way, though. Yeh, I know they are supposed to be unloaded, but how many NDs do we hear involving guns that were supposedly unloaded?

The add I saw had the rifles pointing at the lower left of the driver.

A rather pricey solution at $1895... I think you could find a police-type mount for inside the truck and buy a new gun with the change.

Nice of Dodge to keep sportsmen in mind, though.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Nice novelty item with a rather low security. I would think it wouldn't be very hard to pry that sucker open at all. Would make a nice insulated beer cooler though!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

That's awesome! Well, in a way.......Chrysler thinking of gun owners or 'sportsmen' in the field. Dodge trucks are the epitome of the sportsman/hunter and where they want to go to get what they're after. Tough, rugged, dependable. Don't just take it from me....where I live, 8 out of 10 have a Dodge truck somewhere that runs (yes...Arkansas). Just ask Madison county about the deer hunting and Dodge trucks...talk about guns later. Two of the things in life I believe in are Dodge trucks and Glocks. Those of you non-believers should post a survey by state. Arkansas is God's country and our beliefs are strong here.
    Well, after all of that stuff....I'm going to knock a hole in an otherwise good theory...........................I don't think over the rear axle would be a good place for any firearm to be stored....especially a scoped rifle and running through God's country. Just my 2

A screwdriver could pop it. No thanks Dodge.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

GM
    I am not a truck person, but that looks very good!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I don't really need that but it's a cool idea

My Toyota Tundra door will fit a pistol grip shotgun in the door, and color is black and shotgun is black and very hard to see from the out side of the truck.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    That's awesome! Well, in a way.......Chrysler thinking of gun owners or 'sportsmen' in the field. Dodge trucks are the epitome of the sportsman/hunter and where they want to go to get what they're after. Tough, rugged, dependable. Don't just take it from me....where I live, 8 out of 10 have a Dodge truck somewhere that runs (yes...Arkansas). Just ask Madison county about the deer hunting and Dodge trucks...talk about guns later. Two of the things in life I believe in are Dodge trucks and Glocks. Those of you non-believers should post a survey by state. Arkansas is God's country and our beliefs are strong here.
    Well, after all of that stuff....I'm going to knock a hole in an otherwise good theory...........................I don't think over the rear axle would be a good place for any firearm to be stored....especially a scoped rifle and running through God's country. Just my 2
    I became a Dodge hater when my in-law's 2000 Ram spent all of last summer with a broke down tranny. If you can't build an automatic tranny that will last 10 years then I'll pass.
    Before that when I was growing up we had a rather nasty Dodge Caravan. Bad memories, although the tranny is still going strong in it :p
    When my husband was truck shopping I told him I wasn't paying the bill on a Dodge, he'd better stick to Ford or Chevy if he wanted any of my paycheck going towards it.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links