CZ-82 for my Navy son

CZ-82 for my Navy son

This is a discussion on CZ-82 for my Navy son within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A while back I mentioned I was refinishing a CZ-82 for my son, currently stationed in the Middle East. I've finally finished it except for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ-82 for my Navy son

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap

CZ-82 for my Navy son

A while back I mentioned I was refinishing a CZ-82 for my son, currently stationed in the Middle East. I've finally finished it except for a couple of touch-ups. It's simply too hot and humid to work with DuraCoat right now.

Finish is DuraCoat Matte Black and Stainless Steel. Grips are black-stained maple from Marshal's. I had his Diver and EOD badges engraved on the grips and his name and unit on the slide. (I blanked out his last name for obvious reasons.) I found (and stole) the patch for the leather case while moving his office furniture into a new room.

He doesn't know I did this. While it's far from a custom engraved Mega-$ 1911, I think he'll be pleased. He;'s due to return home sometime in October. I planned on giving it to him at Xmas, but my wife says to do it early (so his anti-gun wife doesn't see it). I say she can stuff it.
    Attached Images
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

EAJ
    Very nice; I'm sure he will love it. Loaded and armed plenty of ordnance during my Westpac tour many years ago. Fortunately, we never had to use EOD services, but we were always reassured that they were standing by. :)

EW3
    Very cool!
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

I am sure he will be pleased. Especially to have a father who would do something like that for him.

He is an outstanding sailor, and you sir, are an outstanding father!!!

It will mean a lot coming from you!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Well done.
    If he knows much of anything about CZ's, he'll be a happy sailor.
    If he is unaware of the CZ line, inform him. He'll be happier.

engraved

Nice that you put the rank on the gun. Now each time he gets promoted you can give him a new gun with the new rank.

Great work and you are a great dad. CZ works for me. I have a couple of them and they are the most accurate guns I own. Make sure you let us know his reaction when he sees this fine firearm.
    NRA Certified Instructor, MADFI Certified Instructor
    Vietnam Veteran, NRA Life Member
    XD 9 MM, 9 MM SC, 9 MM Tactical, XDM 9MM, XDM 40,
    XDM 40 Limited, XDM 5.25 Canyon Creek Custom 9 mm

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speak2u View Post
    Nice that you put the rank on the gun. Now each time he gets promoted you can give him a new gun with the new rank.
    Great work and you are a great dad. CZ works for me. I have a couple of them and they are the most accurate guns I own. Make sure you let us know his reaction when he sees this fine firearm.
    Heck no! Another coat of DuraCoat and a new rank!

Other than some of his WWII photos and memories, my father didn't really have an heirloom to pass on to me. I have my guns to pass on, but I wanted something more personalized for the boy to leave for my grandson.

I got my first CZ-82 after he shipped out, raved about it to him, and ordered a second for this project. He can't access any gun-related websites over there (tightly controlled internet restriction), so he can't do much in the way of research. He's very much a "military cartridge" person, but the 82 is such a pleasure to shoot.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Beautiful job!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

cmb
    That is nice and will indeed make a great family treasure!

What a great gift for sailor! Way to go dad. And thank him for his service. God bless your son and may he stay safe.
    P.S.: The "sigs" is not for Sig Sauer, it's Navy nickname for Signalman 20 years worth.

That's a wonderful thing you did for him. I'm sure he will appreciate that until his last days.

VIP Member
    Your son is going to love that pistol especially since it is from you. I know you put several hours into it. Very nice workmanship. The engraving is very special too. Great job!

Edit: Replace underlined with:

I know you put about a gazillion hours of tedious work into it. Very nice craftsmanship.
    Last edited by SIGP250; August 18th, 2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Change understated hours
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

VIP Member
    If you've never disassembled/reassembled a CZ-82, "several hours" can be an understatement. It can be tricky. Toothpicks and tape are your friends. After doing two (several times over), I think I've got the hang of it finally.

Graet little gun, too many parts (52!).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links