Range dues?

This is a discussion on Range dues? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Curious what some of you pay...? Our only range here in Eugene charges $25 for walkins. $75 for a single membership per year, then $12 ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Range dues?

Range dues?

Curious what some of you pay...?

Our only range here in Eugene charges $25 for walkins. $75 for a single membership per year, then $12 for a visit anytime.

Couples membership....$100/yr and then only $6 each for husband and wife to share ONE lane. We went with that one. That sound like a bargain? Or average? It's the only range we've ever been to...
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

2. Remove Ads

Outdoor range, 0-200yds. Covered shooting benches, target frames & targets & use of spotting scopes & sandbags. Open 10-5, Tue-Sat, Apr to Nov. $35/yr, no additional fee.

Senior Moderator
    50 a year for single,60 for family,

Open till dark everyday of the year.Shoot to your hearts content. 0-200 covered,separate covered pistol range to 75 yards. Targets, hearing protection, safety glasses, shooting mats, bench rests,staplers, target dots...all of it is provided.

Bring your own ammo. If you dont reload, put your emptys in the 5 gallon bucket provided for those that do.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

In Portland, I pay 150 to start and 120 a year each year after. Only addition is if you need targets or clothing. shoot from 0700 to 2200. Pistol only. but I save on Gasm its 5 min from the house.
    KAHR CW45, RIA 1911 Officer, S&W Sigma 9MM, Savage 1907 .32cal(BUG)

Distinguished Member
    The indoor range (up to 50ft.) I've been going to is currently $10 for town residents, $12 for non-residents and $200/$225 respectively for a years membership. On Sept 1st prices are going up to $12/$15 & $225/$250.

I wish memberships around here were as cheap as the rest of you posted!

25 yard indoor range..... in CT.... $500/yr....includes discounts on ammo :(.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

I Don't go to The Public range no more, $0 For open 150 yd range 5 min from house ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

$50.00 per year gun club dues plus current NRA membership entitles me to unlimited use of the outdoor range which has covered shooting benches and two pistol pits.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Here in Phoenix an indoor range is required in the summer; the one I frequent has gotten more expensive. $20/mo for new members. I am grandfathered in on the old plan of $180/yr for 25 yard indoor range with discounts on a bunch of stuff, no additional fees.

Ben Avery is the largest shooting range in AZ, and is a 20 minute drive. $5 for all day there, and when it is cool out it's a good place to shoot.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Only local indoor commercial range charges $9/hr plus have to use their ammo and targets. So figure @$35 for one box of ammo thru the paper. Dirty, poorly lit, no ventilation or A/C. Used it twice to function check guns. Unlikely to go back.

Closest public outdoor range (45 min) is $9/day. Nice range, well maintained and controlled (to the extreme at times). Had to "reassemble" my Glock to make it "safe." Still, a lot of the overhead barriers seem to be filled with holes. A bit too hot this time of year to really enjoy a session.

One private outdoor range close by, members only deal. Must be recommended by a member. Don't remember the annual dues and initial "Admin" fee.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

We pay $25/year, or $
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Typical outdoor range in Houston area - 0-200yd rifle & 3-25yd pistol - $15per visit

Brand new public indoor pistol range 3min from my house - $15/hr + targets - Membership = $45/MONTH w/no discounts or $500/yr with a 5% discount on everything in the shop.

Some of you guys get great deals. My prices suck!

Distinguished Member
    I don't know about the pricing exactly, but SHARING A LANE ALL THE TIME...ugggh.

There seems to be a wide variety of technology at the ranges (or not). This must have a big effect on pricing so it's not easy to compare unless you really know the facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach and Holly View Post
    Our only range here in Eugene charges $25 for walkins. $75 for a single membership per year, then $12 for a visit anytime. Couples membership....$100/yr and then only $6 each for husband and wife to share ONE lane.
    The Tri-County Gun Club in Sherwood charges a one-time initiation/setup fee of $175 (steep, IMO), then $120/yr, with no added per-use fees, lane restrictions, and only minor guest limits. The entire club and all ranges are open, and that includes rifle long-range, rifle short-range, IPSC-style pistol "action" range, black powder range, short pistol range, .22 outdoor range, .22 indoor range, use of the clubhouse, hunter's ed. courses, IPSC intro courses, 600yd range intro, seminars offered by many of the experienced members, various competitions.

Though a bit stout with the first year's initiation fee to swallow, I think it's a reasonably large and well-maintained collection of facilities for $25/mo the first year, $17/mo the second year, $15/mo the third year. Twice as much as the range you mention, which would make this one a bit expensive for the occasional shooter, though to me for a person that shoots a variety of firearms often it seems fair. Not bad, compared to many of the prices paid around the country for much smaller facilities.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Local outdoor range is $70 first year $20 after that. Can use any time there isn't a match, 100yd covered pistol range, 550yd covered rifle range. Tues night trap, Thur night skeet. All in all good buy.
    "The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us." Patrick Henry 1775

Vegetarian: Indian for inept hunter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links