I took a newer member from the forum to the gun range

This is a discussion on I took a newer member from the forum to the gun range within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Met a member thursday 8/26 and went to the Pharr gun range,he had bought a G22 he wanted to put threw some paces and like ...

Thread: I took a newer member from the forum to the gun range

I took a newer member from the forum to the gun range

Met a member thursday 8/26 and went to the Pharr gun range,he had bought a G22 he wanted to put threw some paces and like expected it went bang everytime,and he shot a nice group,then I told him I was gonna bring a few different platforms he could try out,he was thinkin about a 1911 in his future,so I brought a RIA 1911 45 acp compact,my Colt 1911 XSE 45 acp,My SA 1911-A1
    5" SS 45 acp,and my LAR grizzly 1911 on steroids 44magnum with light target loads.I also brought a SA XD9 4",A Sig 229 40 S&W,A M&P 45c,he shot them all and we only had one problem,The RIA firing pin retainer fell out,I looked at the gun and the firing pin was sticking into the breech,ended up pulling firing pin and spring out and lubricating til I could get it home and clean it up,We did not have any AD's with it,but there is a reason why you keep your gun pointed in a safe direction,if it was stuck tight enough to cause a slam fire it mighta been interesting to watch Wayne load his pants
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Sounds like an interesting trip! I had a slam fire once and i think I pee'd a little.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Thanks to this fellow member I had a great day at the range. Dukalmighty has a great assortment of firearms and I really appreciate his courtesy in allowing me to shoot such a variety of weapons. I had pretty good groups but am now looking at Lone Wolf barrels to replace my G22 barrel. Nothing like tightening up a group with a better fit. LOL
    Glock G22 .40 Cal.
    SA 1911 A-1 .45 ACP

Night Flight, Glad you had a good day at the range & Dukamighty sound like a great guy
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

At the range, a friend never lets a friend fire just one gun. Sounds like a great day!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GM
    It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    At the range, a friend never lets a friend fire just one gun. Sounds like a great day!
    Amen!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Steve is a great guy, really knows his weapons.... and safe range practices. The range box I bought only holds 3 guns, if I keep talking with Steve I will probably get the itch to buy more than it will carry. LOL
    Glock G22 .40 Cal.
    SA 1911 A-1 .45 ACP

It is good to hear that members on this forum get together in real life too. Personally a day at the range like dukalmighty described is always more fun then just shooting at paper.
    It strikes me as odd how often I get looked at in disbelief when I offer a neighbor the chance to put a mag or two through my guns. Then one day there was a father with his 2 teenage girls that ran out of .22 because he didn't know if they would even like shooting. set him up with another bulk pack. I am a firm believer in Kharma.

Links