Defensive Carry banner

My 34th Anniversary present

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  USPnTX 
#1 ·
My wife and I celebrated our 34th anniversary a couple of weeks ago. I gave her a David Yurman braclet and she gave me the greenlight to buy a new gun.

I really didn't have anything in mind until I went to the local gun shop yesterday and was shown this new Ruger .22/45 with a 5 1/2" barrel. I went home and checked prices on-line last night and this seemed like a good deal, so I went back today and bought one. I took it straight to the range and shot it along with my Kimber TLE II. It really does handle and feel like a 1911, cost a whole lot less to feed, and is a real tack driver. Looks cool next to my 1970's era Ruger Standard 6" .22.

Being lazy, here is a stock photo from Ruger's website:
Firearm Gun Trigger Ranged weapon Gun accessory

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations on your anniversary! Make sure your wife knows this has gone across the country now! Nice find on the Ruger pistol! You know, I've been looking around myself......(aren't we all). Best of luck with it, and your wife giving you the "green light" for many years to come. Hoping all of you continue on in good health and prosperity.

#4 ·
Congrats on making it 34 years! MY 22nd was last Friday and my wife has agreed to help pay for a Sig Sauer C3 for me. The gun show will be in town this upcoming weekend, so that's when I'll be picking it up.

#7 ·
Congrats on the new Ruger, a great little plinker. A bigger congrats on the 34 years, not many can stick together that long.
The wife and I will hit year #39 in three more days...:ahhhhh::bier:

#10 ·
Congrats on the 34th. Mine is in 3 weeks for the 45th. Got a Pocket Nine Colt for our 35th. Don't know if I can talk her into another one this year, but then again...........

#13 ·
Happy anniversary, and nice plinker (the gun, not the lovely Mrs. Orangevol).:redface:

#15 ·
34 Here..........

Congratulations to all of you folks! Those are all amazing! Congratulations to all of you! The 22 years for Ex last Friday is particularly amazing :haha::haha:

Orangevol. ppkheat, retsup, vietnamvet, and anyone I may have missed - Seriously, congrats to all, and yes, you too, Ex, and Mrs. Ex!

#17 ·
Congratulations to all of you folks! Those are all amazing! Congratulations to all of you! The 22 years for Ex last Friday is particularly amazing :haha::haha:

Orangevol. ppkheat, retsup, vietnamvet, and anyone I may have missed - Seriously, congrats to all, and yes, you too, Ex, and Mrs. Ex!
Thanks R&G! Actually we're celebrating a far more important anniversary this week: My wife is now A YEAR being cancer FREE! The Doc has given her an excellent prognosis and her treatments are scheduled to end the day before Thanksgiving and the port will be surgically removed over our Christmas vacation. Her hair is returning fuller and thicker than before and life is GREAT!

#16 ·
Congrats! On the eve of my 25th, I asked my wife what she wanted more than anything else in the world and I told her if it was within reason, I would get it for her. She looked me straight in the eye and answered, "a divorce"! A gun would have been less expensive. I just celebrated 12 yrs. with wife #3. Now I,m more careful what I ask.

#18 ·
My wife and I celebrated our 34th anniversary a couple of weeks ago. I gave her a David Yurman braclet and she gave me the greenlight to buy a new gun.

I really didn't have anything in mind until I went to the local gun shop yesterday and was shown this new Ruger .22/45 with a 5 1/2" barrel. I went home and checked prices on-line last night and this seemed like a good deal, so I went back today and bought one. I took it straight to the range and shot it along with my Kimber TLE II. It really does handle and feel like a 1911, cost a whole lot less to feed, and is a real tack driver. Looks cool next to my 1970's era Ruger Standard 6" .22.

Being lazy, here is a stock photo from Ruger's website:
View attachment 21101
Congrats Orange! We have a .22/.45 and it is a fun little gun. It's a little bit of a pain to strip for cleaning but, it's still a lot of fun to shoot.
Just wondering, did you buy this from RangeUSA?

My wife and I just went past 21 years together on the 19th of Aug.! Must be a good month for long lasting marriages! That is something that the world needs more of for sure.

#19 ·
Mike...ditto on the difficulty in take down. I have an all steel Ruger Standard and the MK III has a few different quirks to dis-assemble. I bought it from Guns & Ammo on Summer, they got 20 in and were selling them for $299. I bought it on Sat morn and went straight to Range USA. I got frustrated because the bolt wasn't locking back on the last shot, (one thing I liked about it over my earlier version). When I got home and stripped it to clean, Ruger had lubed the insides with what looked like axle grease. This was gumming up the insides not allowing the bolt stop to come all the way up on the last shot to lock back the bolt. I also cleaned my Kimber TLE and Glock 19...why can't all guns be so simple as a Glock???

Congrats to you and the Ms. on your 21 yrs!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.